We came across 4 interesting new jobs at Splash Damage, Amazon, CCP, and Supermassive Games – and they’re looking for Audio Designers and Senior Sound Designers.
We also noticed an opening for a Senior Sound Designer and an Associate Sound Designer at Sledgehammer Games, as well as a Senior Sound Designer at Splash Damage, and a Senior Sound Designer at Sony in their God of War department. Good luck with your job hunt!
Company: Splash Damage
Location: London, UK
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we’re all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Most recently, we’ve launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC, Gears of War 4 and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We’re now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for superstars to help make them great.
As an Audio Designer at Splash Damage you will be responsible for the recording, design and implementation of Sound Effects and Dialogue in our games. Join our awesome audio team and help us make some amazing sounding games.
• You must have been an Audio Designer within the games industry for 2+ years with at least 1+ complete cycle of a shipped AAA title
• Have in-depth knowledge and experience with many types of microphones and recorders
• Be able to take an active role in field recording sessions, managing multiple mics and recorders
• Have thorough experience working with dialogue including editing, planning and processing
• Have experience with audio middleware such as Wwise
• Be familiar with industry-standard audio software such as Reaper and a variety of plugins
• Have experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics
• Work with the development team to design cutting edge game audio tools for speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
• Have experience with game engines including Unreal 4
• Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
• Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
• A degree in music or sound design
• A basic understanding of how code is written is a plus
• Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
• Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
• Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
• Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
• Complimentary gym membership
• Free eye tests + discounted glasses
• Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
• Brand new state of the art office
• Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
• Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Referral fee
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Amazon is all in on games. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Games Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. The Breakaway team is looking for a Sr. Sound Designer to provide vision and direction for the game’s audio and music. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio in Breakaway. You will be an acknowledged expert in all areas of sound and music, including audio direction, music supervision, sound effects, ambience, sound implementation and voice over production.
• Provide strong vision and direction for the audio in the game
• Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
• Build relationships and supervise external sound designers and composers
• Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
• 6+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
• Shipped 2+ games as an audio lead or Sr. Sound Designer
• Experience with the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology
• Experience managing vendors and setting up budgets and schedules with outside resources
• A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
• Expertise with Field Recording Equipment and Capturing Sound Effects
• Past experience providing technical direction for the audio team
• Expertise with Wwise
• Multi player experience a plus
• Scripting experience in Lua and XML
• Experience with Lumberyard game engine
• Experience interacting with and responding to the feedback of a large and passionate community of players
• Experience improving and optimizing proprietary pipelines and integration processes
Location: Shanghai, China
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. In order to build on great products, it requires great talents. And CCP Games are actively seeking qualified candidates to fill such roles.
As a Senior Audio Designer, you will work closely with the entire team to help raise the sound quality bar to the next level and achieve the creative and technical vision set by our Audio Director. You may contribute to multiple projects, have strong teamwork, organization and communication skills.
• Create and maintain the highest quality standards for audio on game project(s) and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of sound design goals set by Audio Director
• Hands on creating, recording (Foley), editing, implementing, mixing and optimizing of in-game sound effects
• Working with different teams and departments on audio tasks and acts as a model for junior staff on the project helping to ensure they deliver on time
• Able to extend expertise to other teams on project and identifies discipline’s dependencies and critical paths on a project
• Anticipates risks and provides contingency solutions
• Works closely with Audio Director to establish best practices for project(s)
• Works closely with Audio Director and Teams to set and deliver prototyping goals
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience in a Sound Designer position and minimum 2 years’ experience in a Senior Sound Designer role
• Excellent sound design, editing, implementation and mixing expertise
• Proficient with linear audio production and mixing techniques (stereo and surround mediums)
• Expert knowledge of Wwise, Unreal 4, Protools and Cubase
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to interact well with multi-disciplinary team (engineering, art, design, QA, etc.)
• Self-motivated, proficient & well organized, excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple projects and tasks
• Strong expertise of all game audio pipeline
• Experience working on AAA title(s)
• Experience working on VR, AR and/or MR games
• Audio programming/Technical Audio experience a plus
• Speaking and/or writing Chinese a plus
31 May 2017
CCP was founded in 1997 in Reykjavik, Iceland. With the launch of EVE Online in May 2003, CCP established itself as one of the most innovative companies in interactive entertainment, winning numerous awards and receiving critical acclaim worldwide. The CCP Shanghai location is home to Gunjack the the best-selling mobile VR game built from the ground up using Unreal Engine 4 to provide a truly immersive experience as well as additional titles currently in development.
Often called the Paris of the East, Shanghai is thriving metropolis located on the Yangtze River Delta featuring prominent tourist destinations such as The Bund where colonial-era buildings line the waterfront on one side of the Huangpu River and a futuristic skyline with the famed Oriental Pearl TV Tower occupies the other.
CCP is dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture of equality.
Company: Supermassive Games
Location: Guildford, UK
We are looking for an experienced and talented Sound Designer to join our accomplished in-house Audio team. If you appreciate the importance of audio in delivering visceral engagement within a game, and also how subtle detail and emotionally-driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
Experience is essential for this position and the successful candidate will need to have broad sound design proficiency in all core audio disciplines, as well as strong technical skills to realise the audio direction in game. The role suits a self-motivated, self-managing individual who exceeds in their field and has a desire for excellence. You’ll be aiming to stretch your own knowledge of game audio further and grow within the company as new opportunities arise.
• Own, plan and deliver to quality large areas of the project’s audio experience
• Concept, create and integrate, narrative enhancing, immersive sound design
• Work closely with the Audio Director to establish and further the audio direction
• Manage other team members or shoots when required
• 5 years+ experience working in sound design / game sound, with one AAA game cycle
• Film / linear post-production skills beneficial
• Broad sound design / creation in all audio areas evidenced in a showreel
• Unreal Engine experience
• Excellent proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise
• Expert knowledge of DAW and sample editor
• Expert recording skills for sfx and foley, studio and external environments
• Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks
• Good understanding of music theory
• Understanding of simple coding techniques
The Candidate should have
• A highly positive and proactive work ethic
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
• A desire to learn and improve on their skillset
You also need to be
• Flexible and open-minded
• Determined and self-motivated
• Prepared to rise to a challenge
• Obsessed with quality
• Creative and innovative