We came across 4 interesting jobs at Deluxe, EA, Sony, and Magic Leap – and they’re looking for a VR Sound Engineer, Audio Engineer Intern, Senior Sound Designer, and Contract Test Engineer.
We also noticed an opening for a Senior Dialog Coordinator at Sony. Happy job hunting!
Location: Santa Monica, CA, USA
We are looking for a VR Tech Sound Desinger (VR, Unity, FMOD, Wwise) for a freelance project in our Deluxe VR team!
• Wwise – hands-on experience
• Proven skills with live audio mixing and microphone placement
• Experience with digital mixing consoles
• Experience with live recording (with emphasis on dialog recording)
• Experience with post-production audio mixing and mastering techniques
• Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
• Proficient in editing dialog
• Experience working with both commercial and proprietary audio, and implementation tools on multiple platforms and workstations, including Pro Tools
• Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
• Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
• Mixing/recording experience in a broadcast environment
• Background in music production (music composition is not within the scope of this job)
• Experience with field recording equipment and techniques
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing prototype applications, adding new features to the game, as well as improving and maintaining existing code for game modes with an emphasis on Audio and Presentation for the Madden franchise.
• Collaborates with designers and audio artists to develop features for the Madden franchise
• Writes C++ code to coordinate dialogue, music, audio hooks and other effects for the game
• Responsible for balancing and tuning of streams & voices against available performance
• Develop realistic and immersive game features and experiences as it relates to Audio presentation
• Creates prototypes to demonstrate early concept development
• Implements high quality code with comprehensive testing
• Fixes bugs related to assigned tasks. Writes scripts to process & verify audio assets
• Troubleshoots issues raised by stakeholders
What skills does EA look for?
• Working on Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer • Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++ and in object-oriented design and implementation
• Knowledge of audio abstraction layers and libraries, as well as effectively access the sound card directly, load different sound formats, and program music for a game is a plus
• Experience with ActionScript is a plus
• Experience in both a Windows as well as Linux environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices, specifically • Agile/Scrum or similar dev methodology
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
• Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C# is an asset
Location: San Diego, CA
Interested in working with AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio (God of War Franchise), Japan Studios, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Insomniac and more? We are looking for a rock star Sound Designer to join the PD Sound Team to craft high quality audio content for 1st party product development projects. Working with a dynamic group of colleagues, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most respected developers in the industry on AAA award winning projects.
You will bring passion to the role of Sound Designer, collaborating with sound and dev teams, creating sonically rich content that pushes the quality bar. Your primary focus will be on sound design and implementation. Dialog, Foley, and field recording experience a plus. The successful candidate will have a creative vision, excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Designing immersive and rich sound effects to engage players and drive the narrative
• Implementation of sound design using middleware and scripting tools to bring the soundscape to life
• Sound Design and Mixing of Cinematics in multiple formats and specs
• Collaborating with PD Sound lead to deliver an cohesive and compelling audio experience
• At least 5 years experience as Sound Designer for video games
• At least one shipped AAA release
• Fluent in interactive audio and post production techniques
• Expert command of sound design & mixing techniques, processes and tools
• Multi-specialized, able to create world class audio content spread across multiple styles
• Imaginative use of audio production tools, Foley performance and capture, props, and recording techniques to create high quality original content
• Familiar with authoring techniques within commercial middleware (WWISE, FMOD, etc…)
• Experience working with game development teams and coordinating with various game departments such as animation, level design, AI, physics, mechanics, etc.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Plantation, FL, USA
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are looking for a Test Engineer for audio test development and validation. The individual will be working in a challenging environment to test end-to-end audio signal flow across our device, as well as testing of individual components.
• As a Test Engineer you will work with the development and test teams to define, develop, and execute tests that will allow us to perform functional and non-functional validation of the services and components that make up the end-to-end audio signal flow across our device
• Evaluate results from subjective testing in different environments and scenarios to verify that audio has improved
• Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to debug or provide circumstances needed to triage and resolve audio issues
• Define or develop test utilities if applicable to accomplish this testing or to assist with our test automation
• Extensive experience (minimum 3 years) in creating tests and test frameworks specific to audio
• Excellent working knowledge of audio and acoustics
• Experience with tools that include: Git, Gerrit, Audio test frameworks, Listen Soundcheck Systems, and Head Acoustics Acqua Systems
• Expertise with one or more programming languages, C, C++, C#, and Linux OS
• Knowledgeable on test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools
• Knowledgeable on spatialize audio, speech recognition, Wake-on-voice, Acoustic echo cancellation, acoustic beamforming, and audio routing within android is a plus
• Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
• Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic and “can do” attitude
• BS in Computer Science is required
• MS is preferred