We came across 3 interesting jobs at EA Studios, Blackbird Interactive, and DICE – and they’re looking for a Localization Audio Producer Assistant, Audio Designer, and Technical Sound Designer. We also found an opening for an Audio Director at FoxNext. Update: We also just saw this Sound Designer opportunity at IO Interactive. Happy job hunting!
Company: EA Studios (FIFA)
Location: Madrid, Spain
EA Localization team is accountable for delivering the high-quality Localized versions of EA games. You will work on a wide variety of tools and systems used for the localization of games, web titles, marketing materials, etc. Become part of the FIFA team in Audio Capture, the Localization Audio Speech recordings management team. This is a project coordination role which does not require an audio engineering background but rather a broad understanding of Audio recording processes.
The role consists of managing project data and documentation surrounding multi-lingual audio recordings, recording studio and voice over talent contracts and providing remote support and feedback to the recording studios throughout the localization process of the project.
What a FIFA Loc Audio Producer Assistant does at EA:
• Information management: Track recording sessions, audio assets, delivery dates and workloads. Provide concise reports to the Localization team.
• Asset management: Use internal tools to ensure consistency between recording scripts and audio files received.
• Vendor management: Manage international communication with worldwide audio vendors. Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the localization recording studios database.
• Project Coordination: Planning, monitor schedules and milestones, time estimating, documentation…
• Maintain proactive Communication within the Audio teams, Testing teams, Project Management teams and Translations team to identify risks and provide mitigations.
• Contract management: Monitors the receipt of the agreements in the project assigned, including talents and recording studios contracts.
• Talent management: Manage talent availability limitations, acting to mitigate any risk associated with it.
• Bug fixing management: Track and fix audio recording bugs where necessary
• When necessary, assist recordings remotely via VoIP Applications
The next great FIFA Audio Producer Assistant also needs:
• Excellent mother tongue and English skills. Fluent both written and orally in both languages. More than two languages would be desirable.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
• Good understanding of localization & video games requirements, especially audio.
• Proven adaptability and attention to detail.
• Ability to take ownership, be responsible and maintain a proactive approach.
• Team worker with excellent customer and quality focus.
• Proven experience in prioritizing workload according to deadlines.
• Experience in audio or recording studios would be desirable.
• 1+ years’ experience in the Audio Localization industry.
• 1+ years’ experience working with multiple vendors.
• 1+ years’ experience in project management.
• Audio asset management experience (sending, receiving and tracking) would be desirable.
To be successful as a FIFA Loc Audio Producer Assistant you should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Self-starting, willing to take ownership and a proactive approach, autonomous.
• Computer literate with a strong interest in new technologies.
• Customer focused & teamwork oriented.
• Problem solver & decision maker.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate in a clear and concise way.
• Achievement Driven.
We are EA. And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Company: Blackbird Interactive
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented audio designer to join our team. We are deeply passionate about audio, in every way. From sound effects, to speech, to music, we love how such a small piece of the overall work can have such a huge impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
Blackbird is a rapidly growing independent game development studio located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are dedicated to creating uncompromising immersive games with a strong narrative and distinctive art style. We are a team of industry veterans that launched our first game, Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, to critical acclaim in 2016.
• Sound design and implementation of project assets.
• Working with audio director to establish creative and technical goals.
• Submitting final audio files on or before required deadlines.
• Quality control review for the projects audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms.
• Inspire and support team members, accept personal responsibility for the project deliverables.
• Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up, and be on time.
• At least two shipped products.
• Strong sound design and Unity implementation skills.
• Experience using Wwise.
• Completely comfortable with modern audio gear, software, and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
• Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software
• Strong communication skills
• Good creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team
• Available for full time & on-site work in Vancouver, BC
• 5+ years of proven gameplay development; multiple shipped products, preferably PC/Console
• Experience with video game speech production
• Interest in science fiction settings and stories
• Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
• Unity 3D: Knowledge of asset management and basic architecture for importing user created content; speech, sound effects, music.
• Competitive salary
• Vacation and sick day allowances
• Extended Health Benefits
• Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Company: EA DICE
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield and Battlefront franchises.
We are looking for an extremely talented Technical Sound Designer to master Frostbite Audio and to design audio core systems for a range of high-profile, action-packed titles for Console and PC. The individual will work within the audio team and collaborate with a team of sound and vo designers to push the bar for game audio. The candidate must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and technical skills. The individual would hopefully either have previous Frostbite experience, equivalent extensive experience with Audio middleware solutions or come from a strong technical/programming background. This role is very much focused on the technical side of the audio process and less so on asset creation.
• Design and implement in-game audio systems covering music, sound effects and dialogue implementation
• Work independently and in teams to create, maintain, debug and optimise systems
• Assist with final mixes and settings to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience throughout the game.
• Troubleshooting and debugging of game audio systems.
• Report to the project Audio Director.
• Outstanding problem solving and listening skills.
• Extensive experience with Frostbite, WWISE, FMOD, Unreal or equivalent. Knowledge of other node based programmes is beneficial, i.e. Max/MSP, Reaktor, Pure Data etc.
• Solid knowledge of PC and console audio specifications.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
• Desire to develop audio production and technical skills.
• Extensive experience in the game industry or equivalent.
• Some knowledge of modern studio hardware, recording techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sony Vegas , Sound Forge, and Basehead.
• Shipped a minimum of 2 game titles in a technical role or equivalent.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good understanding of the video game development process.
Degree or Certificate in Sound Design, Audio Engineering, Engineering or equivalent.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. This opportunity is for a permanent position at DICE.
We look forward to receiving your application! Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at DICE”. Please also submit a link (in your CV) to a demo reel demonstrating a selection of game audio implementations and systems, preferably with a commentary and/or notes, showcasing your previous work. Applicants will be reviewed continuously and may be required to complete a practical work test.
Submit PDFs which include your full name in the title e.g. John Smith CV.PDF