We came across 4 interesting jobs at Pik Pok, EA, Valve, and Yoh – and they’re looking for a Contract Junior Sound Designer, Senior Audio Artist, Sound Designer, and Audio Implementer. We also spotted an opportunity for a Voice Designer at Massive Entertainment here. Happy job hunting!
Company: Pik Pok
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
PikPok is looking for a talented, motivated and passionate individual to take on the role of Junior Sound Designer, helping to deliver amazing soundscapes for globally successful games on digital platforms like mobile, PC, social or web.
You will be responsible for helping expand PikPok’s portfolio of innovative, original IP, creating kickass titles to join the likes of Into the Dead, Doomsday Clicker, Dungeon Inc. and the acclaimed Rival Stars series to name a few! You will help deliver the audio vision for our games and be pro active in ensuring that our games meet industry best-practices in sound.
You have a passion for games, and you regularly play mobile and F2P titles. You are a great communicator & team player. You have a fantastic ear for detail. You are self-motivated but are able to work well under pressure and strict guidelines. You are as happy editing and manipulating existing soundscapes as you are at creating and implementing new audio.
● Work with the game development team and game design team to create world-class, highly entertaining audio for our game titles.
● Work directly with PikPok’s Sound Designer to deliver audio required.
● Undertake audio design tasks as directed including, but not limited to: sound creation, sound editing, voice editing, music mixing.
● Arrange and document meetings as required.
● Meld to the needs of the team, filling other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
● 1+ years audio editing and creation experience.
● Good knowledge of audio tools [Logic X or Pro-tools].
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA. This individual should have critical knowledge of audio in a Sports title. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills.
• Understanding of human crowd behavior and how it can be best modeled in a game
• Work on audio creative design and vision in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
• Building a good rapport with the dev team and representing Audioworks accordingly
• Defining deliverables and owning the delivery schedule with Audioworks Dev Director
• Audio restoration skills/ extracting noise and harmonic bands from broad spectrum audio
• Collaborate with team project manager and review work of audio artists and contractors for your title
• Delivering the audio on budget as defined by Audioworks and the dev team
• Minimum of seven years’ game/audio experience and strong Gen 3 console title experience
• Have advanced knowledge of new technologies and processes in the interactive audio field
• Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
• Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Expertise in mixing triple AAA games for multiple target playback environments at a high quality
• Experience with large scale recordings at live venues (stadium/arena, crowd, and ambience recordings)
• Experience acquiring multi-channel impulse responses from live recordings.
• Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
• Outstanding sound design and listening skills
• Strong communication skills, works well as part of a team, self-motivated
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, and strong technical thinker
• Strong skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
Location: Bellevue, WA
We’re looking for an experienced sound designer and/or interactive audio “integrator” who can help us create sophisticated, emotionally-compelling audio experiences for a variety of media formats and products. You’ll collaborate with a team of broadly-skilled peers to make sound a powerful element in all current and future Valve products, from multimedia ads to video game consoles, PC, and on-line gaming.
• Identify audio opportunities and asset needs in Valve commercial and promotional products in a self-driven but collaborative manner.
• Conceptualize, schedule, design, and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the development and testing cycle of the product.
• Integrate audio in both linear and interactive forms with Valve products using proprietary software.
• Manage all necessary audio assets (sound files, scripts, models, etc.) associated with a product using the necessary software.
• Work with engineers and artists to understand and help develop cutting-edge, proprietary audio technologies.
• Test, debug, and assure the functional quality of all audio in a given product.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
• Five years experience in:
• Professional quality audio production and all related technologies
• Game engine audio implementation technologies
• Taking a video game or linear equivalent (e.g., film) from conception and development through publication and shipment
Please include a reel with your application that includes in-game examples of your audio design and implementation. Please outline the contributions you made to the project and which parts of the reel highlight the value you added to the piece.
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
We are currently looking for an audio implementer to help build and improve our technical audio systems. This is a contract opportunity with Yoh’s client located in, Seattle, WA. Your input and creativity will help shape the cutting edge audio systems that enable our team to deliver a world class audio experience. You will work closely with our sound designers and programmers to implement audio into the game, create new audio systems and refine our existing technology. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, who can contribute new ideas and collaborate on a diverse team.
• Work directly with Senior Audio Implementer to implement, test, and iterate on new audio features and technology
• Work with a team of sound designers and programmers to implement features that serve the needs of the sound designers
• Help deliver a quality audio experience by providing technical expertise and input
• Help support the audio team with technical needs and audio implementation requests
• At least 3 years’ experience in game audio
• Experience with Wwise
• Game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, proprietary engine, etc.)
• Self-motivated, quick learner, able to investigate issues and find answers independently
• Collaborative team player who values contributing to others success
• Experience with technical audio implementation and optimization
• Experience with scripting languages such as LUA, XML, or visual scripting tools
• Experience improving game engine tools, workflows, and systems
• Experience working on a first person shooter game
• Experience shipping a AAA game title