We came across 4 interesting jobs Playground Games, Gameloft, Media Molecule, and Amazon – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer, Assistant Project Audio, Audio Programmer, and Technical Sound Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: Playground Games
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Playground Games are looking for a highly skilled Audio Designer to join us on a fixed-term contract basis.
In this role, you will use your talent within the field of game audio production to help shape the soundscape of our titles. You must be a team player, keen to share your own expertise and ultimately help develop those around you using your unique skillset. You should be incredibly passionate about sound design, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used in our games.
• Experience of working on published titles on current-gen consoles.
• Knowledge of FMOD and / or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either.
• A detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins a must.
• An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail.
• The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools.
• Experienced in designing and implementing simulation based audio systems.
• Location and studio based SFX recording experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
Location: Montréal, Canada
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
• Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
• Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
• Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer:
• Benefits befitting a company of our size
• Vacation and personal days off
• Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
• A storage room for 80 bikes
• Daily snacks
• A game room
• A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you! Submit your application now.
In order for your application to be considered, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.) and a cover letter. Please indicate the address of your website or portfolio if you have one.
Please note that the salary for this position can vary between $CAD $40.000 and $60,000 per year depending on experience.
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, UK
A core part of our game Dreams is a powerful musical instrument, which can also be used for sound design. It’s fun to play with, but also has depth. We want you to help us make it even better – for professionals, hobbyists and anyone in the PlayStation Games audience who wants to express themselves creatively.
• A keen interest in, and understanding of, sound and music for games.
• An eye and an ear for what makes a great musical instrument, and the skills to code it. This role has a design/UX element to it.
• Low-level coder with DSP and audio code skills. You will be working on a unique sound engine, which includes sound creation and mangling features.
• Self-motivated – can create great user experiences without having to rely completely on feedback in order to iterate and make progress.
• Evidence of something relevant you have made – a game, graduation project, audio plugin, musical experiment, toy, user interface, etc.
Please note that we will request a show-reel or link to past work if not included in your application, please send to jobs (at) mediamolecule (dot) com
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
We believe that audio in games tells stories and directly influences deep emotional engagement. Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Sound Designer with very strong technical skills to create and integrate the game’s audio. You will raise the bar for the quality and originality of audio at Amazon Game Studios. You will be an acknowledged expert in sound implementation, and demonstrated ability in sound design and voice over production.
• Implement audio assets in WWISE and Lumberyard, interacting with other game systems editors and CMS, writing scripts as needed.
• Create sound effects, and voice over
• Work with the audio director to support the vision and direction for the audio in the game
• Drive high quality standard for audio throughout the game experience
• Build relationships and manage asset workflow with the rest of the team and external sound vendors
• Innovate and drive new audio features for the game and Lumberyard engine
• Shipped 2+ games as Sound Designer
• High level expertise with Audiokinetic’s WWISE
• Scripting experience
• Experience with the entire audio creation process, including sound effects, voice over, music, sound implementation and audio technology
• Experience managing asset flow with external vendors
• Expertise with Field Recording Equipment and Capturing Sound Effects
• A passion for video games and the role that audio plays in player experience
• Past experience providing technical implementation for the audio team
• Scripting experience in Lua, XML and visual scripting tools
• Experience improving and optimizing proprietary audio pipelines and integration processes
• Multi player experience a plus
• Experience with Lumberyard game engine