We came across 4 interesting jobs at Rocksteady, Escalation, and 2A Consulting – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Dialogue), Senior Audio Designer, and Audio Software Engineer. We also noticed a temporary position for a music editor / integrator at Respawn Entertainment here. Happy job hunting!
Location: London, England
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Sound Designer who has experience of producing audio for multi-award winning, AAA, blockbuster video games. This person should be ready to tackle the challenges facing audio on the current generation platforms.
You will be dedicated, and committed to seeing the project through to its completion. We are looking for someone to take on the challenge and responsibility of guiding the dialogue through to its final realisation.
This is a 2-year contract position.
• Record, edit and, process dialogue to a world-class standard in line with the studio’s high standards of quality.
• Work closely with other teams to ensure dialogue playback systems deliver high quality, compelling dialogue. Be an evangelist for audio quality across the studio.
• Maintain and develop pre-existing pipelines and systems through to the project’s completion.
• Continue to develop your skills and share this knowledge with those around you to contribute to a culture of learning within the team.
• Good working knowledge of Avid Pro Tools, Unreal Engine 3/4, AudioKinetic Wwise, and perforce.
• Extensive knowledge of recording studio workflows, microphones and outboard equipment.
• Experience working with production sound equipment.
• Familiarity with Python scripting is a plus.
• You are experienced and have a proven track record in implementing and designing great sounding dialogue.
• You have a good degree of experience editing and mastering large quantities of dialogue assets.
• You have a passion for special voice processing and are not afraid of exploring unorthodox techniques. You understand the role this performs in supporting characterisation.
• You are confident working with actors and directors to achieve great results in the studio.
• You have a genuine interest in dialogue pipelines from recording through to playback in game. You understand the need for great sounding dialogue and have some experience realising this for large AAA blockbuster titles.
• You have the confidence to drive through ideas and enthuse members of the team.
• You are able to make smart decisions under pressure. Be focussed with the job in hand.
• You have experience successfully working and communicating with multiple disciplines. You are comfortable discussing in precise and clear terms the requirements of audio systems.
• You have plenty of experience with dialogue play-testing and dialogue quality assurance. Identifying, prioritising, reporting and debugging issues.
• Private family medical care
• Private dental care
• Contributory pension scheme
• Annual bonus scheme
• Long-service holiday reward
• Brand new custom designed studio
• World class training speakers hosted on-site
• Access to multiple online training websites
• Monthly team meals/outings
• On-site subsidised Masseuse, Yoga & Life Drawing.
• Quarterly salary adjustment reviews
• Monthly 1on1s with your Line Manager
• Yearly Line Manager & Studio Peer Performance review process
• Film nights in our Mocap theatre
• Subsidised gym in the office complex
• Discounts to WB goodies i.e. HBO, WB films, TV, Harry Potter tour
• Staff only merchandise store
• State of the art office with the entire 130+ team in 1 open-plan room
• Free fruit, juices and soft drinks
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• National Rail Season Ticket Travel Loan
• Overseas Relocation Support
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Support Assistance Programme (Free personal counselling and guidance support)
• Finder’s Fee
• Free Eye Test & Discounted Glasses
• Free Seasonal Flu Jab
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Escalation Studios, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Audio Designer to join our team in making AAA games. This position assumes a prominent position on the team, helps establish and optimize production pipelines, and contributes to the execution of the vision of the game in close collaboration with colleagues.
• Work closely with the Creative Director and other members of the team to develop all types of audio assets.
• Create high quality sounds for numerous settings, different types of gameplay, visual effects and narrative events.
• Implement audio using tools and technology at hand in close collaboration with game play designers, effect artists and animators.
• Actively learn tools and technology and explore new features in collaboration with programmers.
• Drive the final mixes to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience through the game.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as audio designer
• Ability to make high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
• Skill at post production and mastering
• Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment and industry standard audio tools
• Strong sound design & technical skills
• Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications
• Ability to interface with internal and external development teams
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
• Able to manage large scale audio asset production
• Great communication and leadership skills
• Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
• Deep familiarity with most musical genres
• Strong artistic and creative sense
Company: 2A Consulting
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
We are looking for an experienced Audio Software Engineer. As an Audio Software Engineer you will work on all aspects of the audio engine. You will improve and expand the audio engines feature set and tools, enabling the audio designers to focus on creating amazing game audio.
• Work with the audio team to implement new features and improve existing audio systems.
• Work closely with the audio design team to improve our audio tools and workflows.
• Maintain and expand our audio technology to enable our designers to create world class game audio.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Fluent in C++, strong C# skills.
• 3+ years in a similar role.
• Experience with audio middleware (preferably Wwise) and/or other low-level audio APIs (e.g. XAudio2).