We came across 4 interesting jobs at TT Games, The British Library, Playground Games, and Rockstar North – and they’re looking for a Junior Audio Programmer, Audio Project Cataloguer, Audio Designer, and Audio Tools Programmer. Happy job hunting!
Company: TT Games
Location: Berkshire, UK
We are looking for a Junior Audio Programmer to join our Game Technology team at our studio in Wilmslow. This is an 18-month fixed term contract. The Junior Audio Programmer position is a wide ranging role, covering platform-specific APIs, resource management, in-house tools, DSP, etc. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with our sound designers and game teams, developing and supporting the feature set of our audio engine to meet the specific needs of our games under the guidance of the Senior Audio Programmer. This role should be a great fit for anyone with an eagerness to learn and a keen interest in audio and game technology.
We are looking for candidates with:
• A good degree in Computer Science, Maths or Physics or a related subject (2.i or above)
• An interest in game audio and/or DSP
• Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming techniques
• A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code
• A positive can do attitude coupled with the ability to get things done
• Strong debugging skills
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Company: The British Library
Location: London, UK
The British Library are seeking to appoint six Audio Project Cataloguers to join us as we embark on an exciting five year project, Unlocking Our Sound Heritage. The project is part of the British Library’s wider Save Our Sounds programme, and will digitally preserve almost half a million sound recordings, establish a network of ten audio archiving centres across the UK, and make it easier for people to discover and listen to them.
Audio Project Cataloguers will have broad experience in data work, collection management and software use. This will be directed into providing and enhancing catalogue descriptions of audio recordings, and precisely indicating their segmentation for access. The value of their contribution will also be judged on both the breadth and depth of their subject knowledge in relation to the many audio collections being preserved.
Ideally we are looking to include specialisms within this team including (but not restricted to) those that will relate to aural identification of classical music, world and traditional music, wildlife sounds, and their taxonomy. Although a qualification of degree level or above may illustrate this, practical experience and background will certainly be taken into account. Working knowledge of a foreign language will also be considered an asset.
Closing Date: 5 July 2017
Interview Date: 17- 20 July 2017
Company: Playground Games
Location: Warwickshire, UK
In this role, you will use your talent within the field of game audio production to help shape the soundscape of our titles. You must be a team player, keen to share your own expertise and ultimately help develop those around you using your unique skillset. You should be incredibly passionate about sound design, always looking for ways to improve the sound and technology used in our games.
• Experience of working on published titles on current-gen consoles
• Knowledge of FMOD and / or Wwise, ideally having shipped AAA games using either
• A detailed knowledge of the most common DAWs and plugins a must
• An incredibly keen ear for audio production detail
• The ability to adapt to new technology and game engine tools
• Experienced in designing and implementing simulation based audio systems
• Location and studio based SFX recording experience
• Excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studio’s, using cutting edge technology to world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.
Company: Rockstar North
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Rockstar North is seeking a motivated C# Programmer to join our audio technology team, supporting and further developing our world class audio tool suite. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the audio team, developing innovative user interfaces that enhance creative workflows, and supporting the tools used to implement the sound and music in all Rockstar Games projects. Successful applicants should have professional C# development experience and a passion for delivering great user experiences.
• Develop and maintain in-house audio toolset
• Maintain awareness of relevant technologies and modern UI best practise, and drive their adoption within the toolset
• Balance meeting short-term user needs with long-term development of the audio tool suite; identify opportunities to optimise user workflows
• A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
• Strong .NET/C# and WPF skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well within a mixed-discipline team
• Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
• An interest in games and interactive sound/music
• Familiarity with commercial audio content creation software
• Experience of intuitive user interface design and implementation for complex data
• Knowledge of audio synthesis and DSP