We came across 4 interesting jobs at Hi-Rez Studios, EA, Camouflaj, and Sumo Digital – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Audio Artist, Audio Programmer, and Audio Designer.
We also came across an opening for an Audio Artist at EA Mobile. Happy job hunting!
Company: Hi-Rez Studios
Location: Alpharetta, GA, USA
Hi-Rez Studios has a full-time Senior Sound Designer opportunity. We are looking for an experienced Senior Sound Designer who can make an immediate contribution to audio development on our Centralized Team.
The successful candidate will work with multiple teams to help drive the goals and vision for the group as a whole. This individual should have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every key component – sound design, basic music understanding, voice production, and implementation.
This candidate will work within a new team at Hi-Rez Studios and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games and creating fun entertainment. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad sound creation skills.
What a Senior Sound Designer does:
• Collaborate with team to create exceptional sounds that also highly supports gameplay
• Oversee the overall team’s sound vision, design, mix, and implementation of audio into each project
• Technically design & work with programmers on how audio should work within the games
• Creatively edit and mix, sound effects, dialogue, and music assets in both stereo and 5.1 surround
• Creative sound design that’s in line with the goals and vision of the each title
• Define deliverables, and responsible for the quality of audio work for each project
Who we are looking for:
• A minimum of 6 years of industry experience in a video games or post production
• Responsible in your work when given the freedom to work independently
• Demonstrate modesty and respect when receiving feedback from your team
• Strong communication skills to discuss decisions and to integrate team feedback quickly into your work
• 4 or more shipped major game titles or equivalent film credits in a sound designer role
• Has experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines including UE3, UE4, and Wwise
• Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Strong content creating skills for stereo and surround
• Good creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Preferred candidate has:
• A minimum of 7 years’ of industry experience in a video game or post production
• 4 or more shipped major titles or equivalent film credits in a sound design role
• Experience with Unreal, Unity or any proprietary game engine
• Experience in sound design for Game, Film/TV or other Marketing
• Experience in mixing dialog, music, and sound effects for a large variety of projects in both stereo and surround
• Experience in sound design for games and sound-to-picture
• Experience using both Windows and OSX operating systems
• Experience working with Composers and Sound Designer Contractors
Company: EA – Star Wars
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Audioworks is looking for an enthusiastic and skilled Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to our team. This successful candidate must be able to work with and audio team for a specific project(s). The individual should have core experience in select phases of audio design and production, in at least in every key component – sound design, music, voice production, and implementation. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and should have a basic understanding of game development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
• Creating quality audio for video games
• Submit final audio files on or before required deadlines
• Submit EQ and mastering of game music, sound effects or speech for audio review
• Interactive element tuning (such as XML files)
• Quality control review of project(s)
• Sound design of source elements and/or speech editing, naming and file organization
• Audio post production for in-game video content
• Minimum of four years game audio and/or post-production experience
• Is proficient in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD)
• Is comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Solid knowledge of PC and Mac hardware and software
• Exceptional communication and problem solving skills
• Good creative and technical thinker
• Works well as part of a team
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Camouflaj, the studio behind the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for an Audio Engineer to join our new VR-based action game project.
We are looking for an applicant who can develop all aspects of the game’s audio stack—built using Unity and Wwise—to enable fellow creatives on the team. They must be able to work directly with audio team members to define pipeline process and system implementation for current and future projects. As an experienced audio engine programmer, they must be excited about enhancing and maintaining core systems, as well as optimizing for multiple platforms. They should being a big part of a small team.
• Communicate effectively with other departments
• Architect, implement, and support all tools for audio implementation
• Manage efficient pipeline process and continually optimize workflows for audio to maintain a performant environment
• Partner with audio, designers, and other team members to achieve goals
• Interact with third-party audio libraries
• Produce clean, documented, and extensible code
• Adhere to team code standards and best practices including participation in code reviews (for your work and you for others)
• Educate other team members on all audio options, and continue to keep an eye on industry R&D offerings
• Work with producers to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
• 2+ years professional programming experience as an audio game developer
• Prior experience with third-party audio libraries such as FMOD, Wwise, etc.
• Experience with audio programming challenges such as audio compression, spatialization, mixing, sample rate conversion, asset management, and digital signal processing
• Strong C# skills and ability to code and architect various core engine systems
• Patience, selflessness, and desire to help others
• Willingness to experiment with new technologies
• Experience working with multithreaded systems
• Passion for game audio and music
• An eye (ear) for what makes a great musical instrument, and the skills to code it
• Low-level coder with DSP and audio code skills
• Passionate gamer
• Portfolio to show off your past work
• Experience working with VR
• Shipped at least one game with a concentration on low-level system design
• Experience writing VST or AU audio plugins
• Experience with MIDI and Open Sound Control
• History working in a small studio environment
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however—we are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!
Company: Sumo Digital
Location: Nottingham, UK
Sumo Digital is one of the UK’s most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in 2016 and now has many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Opening in March 2016, Sumo Digital’s Nottingham studio has grown steadily, featuring highly experienced industry talent covering a wide range of disciplines. The studio’s first full project is now well under way, with many more exciting opportunities also ahead. 2017 will be Sumo’s biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
We are seeking a talented Audio Designer with a passion for creating world class audio content to join the team on an unannounced AAA console title. This is an incredible opportunity to join our dedicated audio team to produce outstanding audio on one of our most exciting projects yet. You’ll be working alongside enthusiastic designers creating and implementing original SFX using our in house library and field recordings as well as helping to source and record new material.
• Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
• Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware.
• Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
• Work closely with our talented Audio Team to deliver AAA audio for our games.
• Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least one shipped AAA title
• Good knowledge of field and studio recording
• Demonstrable sound design knowledge
• Working experience with current gen console development/production
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
• Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
• Experienced Nuendo user
• Experience working in sound to picture.
• Comfortable running dialogue sessions
• Demonstrated skill with Multichannel sound design
• Familiarity with Foley recording
• Experience with applying musical knowledge to the design and implementation interactive music systems
• Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
What We Offer:
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a generous holiday entitlement. The environment itself is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having ownership and a realisable input into the games we create.
We are proud to be located in Nottingham, just ten minutes’ walk from Nottingham train station and with good access to the north and the south via the M1. Nottingham itself benefits from a wealth of attractions, including a diverse range of bars and restaurants, several art galleries and a wide variety of cultural events.
Highlights include the Theatre Royal, the Nottingham Contemporary art gallery, the National Video Game Arcade and the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. The annual GameCity festival takes place throughout Nottingham city centre, celebrating the culture, innovation and creativity of video games and their development.