We came across 4 interesting jobs at Activision, Oktaven Audio, Soundcuts, and Escalation – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer, Recording Engineer, Sound Designer, and Senior Sound Designer.
Bonus: We also just heard about a Creative Audio Director position at CD PROJEKT RED here. Happy job hunting!
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
The Audio Designer role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and Development Studios to produce high-quality audio assets. Here you will have the unique opportunity to assist in sound design and editorial tasks on a wide variety of titles, as well as add your creative touch to cinematics, trailers and other multimedia projects.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production, and implementation as required
• Record original sounds for Foley and Sound Design
• Record live on location for livestreams and on-camera filming
• Have an “ear to the ground” on new music – from popular artists and music libraries
• Work closely with the Audio Creative Team Lead to establish a unique sonic identity for Activision produced cinematics and trailers
• Implements feedback from customer teams
• Performs other duties, as assigned
• Intermediate audio editing, synthesis, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
• Intermediate knowledge and experience with current pro-audio tools, such Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Abelton Live and other professional software and plug-ins
• Understanding of next gen console audio functionality and capabilities
• High level of attention to detail
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Good work ethic and a positive attitude
• Ability to multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
• Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize deadlines
• Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
• A demo reel
• 2-3 years of experience in the video game industry a plus
• Customer Service experience a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica,CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Destiny®.
Company: Oktaven Audio
Location: Mount Vernon, NY, US
Oktaven Audio LLC is a full-service recording studio focusing on classical and jazz recording. The studio is high volume, and our clientele is very discerning. We’re looking for someone who has excellent critical listening skills, can track sessions, and can do a lot of fast, clean editing, among the other skills listed below. This would be part time (ca 20 hrs/week) initially and compensation would vary based on experience and skill. We’re a 30 minute ride from Grand Central on the Harlem MNR, or .75miles from the Wakefield 2 stop.
• is highly musically literate (conservatory training, plus for a composition background)
• has familiarity with a broad range of classical music repertoire and vocabulary, including new music
• can edit from a marked score or an edit map
• uses ProTools as their main DAW
• can maintain file structure with strict fidelity
• can engineer location sessions in halls and concert venues as needed
• can engineer studio sessions
• can work with single-camera DSLR video and Adobe Premiere
• can agree to and keep deadlines
• can accurately track time worked on projects
Contact for the applicants: classicaleditor (at) gmail (dot) com
Location: London, UK
Soundcuts is seeking a full-time Sound Designer. This position is based in London with flexibility to work remotely some of the time.
• MUST have passion for and experience on mobile games
• 5+ years game sound design experience
• Team player
• Self motivated
• Great communication skills
• UK applicants only
• Unity experience a bonus
If you’d like to apply, please send your showreel and CV to info (dot) soundcuts (at) gmail (dot) com.
Company: Escalation Studios
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Escalation Studios, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a Senior Audio Designer to join our team in making AAA games. This position assumes a prominent position on the team, helps establish and optimize production pipelines, and contributes to the execution of the vision of the game in close collaboration with colleagues.
• Work closely with the Creative Director and other members of the team to develop all types of audio assets.
• Create high quality sounds for numerous settings, different types of gameplay, visual effects and narrative events.
• Implement audio using tools and technology at hand in close collaboration with game play designers, effect artists and animators.
• Actively learn tools and technology and explore new features in collaboration with programmers.
• Drive the final mixes to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience through the game.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as audio designer
• Ability to make high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
• Skill at post production and mastering
• Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment and industry standard audio tools
• Strong sound design & technical skills
• Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications
• Ability to interface with internal and external development teams
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
• Able to manage large scale audio asset production
• Great communication and leadership skills
• Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
• Deep familiarity with most musical genres
• Strong artistic and creative sense