We came across 3 interesting jobs at QC Games, Media Molecule, and Imaginati Studios – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, an Audio Programmer, and an Audio Assistant.
We also noticed an opportunity at Amazon for a Technical Sound Designer here. Happy job hunting!
Company: QC Games
Location: Austin, TX, USA
QC Games is looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join the ranks of our team. Your mission is to create emotionally compelling experiences using audio wizardry beyond compare. We need someone who is committed to this mission from beginning to end across the entire game. In return, you will be given ownership over your work and the creative latitude to express yourself.
• Design and implement original audio content
• Arrange, compose, and implement music
• Produce VO sessions from an audio standpoint
• Oversee outsource audio services for sound, music, VO, Cinematics, etc.
• Drive the development of audio-related technology
• Communicate and demonstrate the creative and technical vision for audio
• Develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department
• Work with leadership to clearly define and articulate goals
• Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to the team
• You’ve been an audio designer in interactive media for many years and can talk about your experience working on a variety of games.
• You’re well connected within the game audio community and have relationships with people that could benefit our company.
• You understand a wide variety of game development tools and techniques and can talk shop with people in other disciplines.
• You know how to prioritize your work and can make the tough choices required to keep scope under control.
• You know how to spot risks related to audio and you’ll bring them to light, even when you are responsible for creating those risks.
• You’re excited to work in every aspect of audio, including sound design, music composition, voice over recording, content implementation, audio system design… you name it, you’re willing to dig into it.
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, UK
We are searching for an Audio Programmer to join our close-knit team and contribute their skills and creativity towards creating Dreams, our latest UGC project. This is not the most typical audio programming role. The successful applicant will develop all aspects of the game’s audio stack, from creating software instruments to designing and implementing the musical UI/UX. We are not simply looking for a programmer who happens to do some audio. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with a real jones for the potential of audio and music creation in interactive entertainment.
A core part of our game Dreams is a powerful musical instrument, which can also be used for sound design. It’s fun to play with, but also has depth. We want you to help us make it even better – for professionals, hobbyists and anyone in the PlayStation Games audience who wants to express themselves creatively.
• A keen interest in, and understanding of, sound and music for games.
• An eye and an ear for what makes a great musical instrument, and the skills to code it. This role has a design/UX element to it.
• Low-level coder with DSP and audio code skills. You will be working on a unique sound engine, which includes sound creation and mangling features.
• Self-motivated – can create great user experiences without having to rely completely on feedback in order to iterate and make progress.
• Evidence of something relevant you have made – a game, graduation project, audio plugin, musical experiment, toy, user interface, etc.
• Please note that we will request a show-reel or link to past work if not included in your application.
These are the things we look for in each person we hire:
• Damn good at what you do!
• Desire ownership and responsibility
• Really love playing and making games
• Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
• Active rather than passive team player
• Loves to collaborate with a creative team
• Jolly nice personality
IMPORTANT: We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
What you get:
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
Company: Imaginati Studios
Location: London, UK
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience of dialogue editing for games and linear media
• Experience of dialogue cleanup techniques – compression, limiting, EQ, de-essing, noise/hum removal
• Methodical and highly organised – able to handle a large number of audio assets
• Understanding of technical audio – bit depth, sample rate, metering standards
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Game engine experience (particularly Unreal Engine 4)
• Audio middleware experience (particularly Wwise)
• Dubbing mixing experience
• Sound design experience for games