We came across 4 interesting jobs at Gameloft, Valencia College, Jibo, Inc, and Ubisoft – and they’re looking for a Sound Tester, Professor in Sound Technology, and Audio Directors. Happy job hunting!
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series. We are currently looking for a sound tester to complete our audio team.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be tasked with:
• Testing the music and sounds in the games
• Verifying that every aspect related to the audio part of the game respects the Gameloft standards of sound quality
• Finding the audio flaws in the games tested, describe them clearly in a database and make a follow-up on the status of these issues
• Following sound test audio processes and checklists. The QA Tester reports to his/her QA Team Leader
• Finding and precisely describing sound bugs found in games
• Making sure that sound effects, VOs and tracks are properly audible and triggered
• Verifying that those SFXs, VOs and tracks follow the release’s actions (synchronism and coherence)
• Checking if the game’s sound pack is optimized for a specified device’s technical specifications (thus ensuring optimal audio quality)
• Reporting bugs in a bug base
Experience and qualifications:
• Experience in QA Testing
• Interest in video games and sounds
• Fluency in English and French both oral and written
• Aptitude for communication and teamwork
• Having a good ear for sound quality
• Ability to follow directions
• Motivated and serious
• And above all, motivation and a passion for your work!
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
• Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
• Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
• Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer:
• Benefits befitting a company of our size
• Vacation and personal days off
• Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
• A storage room for 80 bikes
• Daily snacks
• A game room
• A rooftop terrace
• We want to get to know you!
Please submit a cover letter and/or short bug description (in English) with your application.
Responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia’s learning-centered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia educator. Engages students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provides thorough, timely, and effective feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; develops curriculum and works collaboratively with colleagues to choose program and/or discipline resources; assists in the selection, development, and evaluation of faculty; participates in and/or leads the activities and governance of the discipline, division, campus, and college; and collaborates with relevant academic discipline and community partners in support of institutional effectiveness and student learning.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.)
• Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students’ progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes
• Provides ample periods of time for engaging students in matters related to academic success through posted student engagement hours
• Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college
• Participates in, and contributes to curriculum development by planning, developing, and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum
• Participates in developing and implementing college policies, guiding principles, objectives and functions in accordance with the philosophy of the college
• Participates in department/division meetings, serves on committees, and participates in other college activities
• Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college
• Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies
• Maintains professional development/growth according to personal needs, in fulfillment of annual performance development plans, and as required for certification
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http://valenciacollege.edu/faculty/forms/credentials/
• Teaching experience at the community college level (In some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements)
• Professional commitment to education
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity
• Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values
• Ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning. Demonstrated understanding of developmental advising (Valencia’s LifeMap) and competency-based learning (LifeMap)
• Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies)
• Ability to use consistent, timely formative and summative assessment measures to enhance learning (Assessment)
• Ability to design learning opportunities that acknowledge, draw upon and are enriched by student diversity in the learning environment (Inclusion and Diversity)
• Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward growth in the Student Core Competencies and progression through course sequences (Outcomes-Based Practice)
• Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the discipline (Professional Commitment)
• Ability to continuously examine the effectiveness of teaching, counseling, librarianship and assessment methodologies in terms of student learning by engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning)
• Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software
• Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing
This job operates in a classroom setting and professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard classroom and office equipment such as microphones, audio/video recorders, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; reach with hands and arms; and have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
Jibo, Inc is looking for an Audio Director who understands the challenge of evangelizing audio and instituting process and visibility across a large, dynamic company. The ideal candidate will be great at maintaining a big picture view of all product features and initiatives to develop a creative audio vision and strategy that is developed with company leadership including Head of Design, Creative Leads, Engineering and Product Management. You will use your expertise to innovate and guide bold new concepts of audio features that build an emotional engagement with our customers. Your bold vision and creative abilities will inspire the team and impact millions.
• Oversee the design and implementation of all audio for Jibo, Inc
• Explain and demonstrate technical details and express clear aesthetic qualities and requirements
• Direct a small team of audio designers, ensuring quality and consistency of the group’s work
• Inspire and collaborate with onsite audio engineer to create high quality, emotive, and character rich sounds
• Work with dev team to establish appropriate toolset to carryout sonic strategy – Institute a process that addresses audio at a high level across all company initiatives
• Work closely with Art, Design, PM & Engineering to iterate on and drive the best audio experiences
• Handle feature priorities to ensure the products we design ship on time and at highest quality
• Identify and utilize external vendor resources if needed
• Provide hands-on audio design when needed
• Produce VO recording sessions
• Establish and maintain the sonic brand’s creative vision via mood boards, hands-on experiments, etc.
• Direct and oversee the creative exploration, design, and implementation of all on-robot audio
• Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members
• Portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a creative, keen ear for audio design principles involving UI, SFX, and Music (we will not consider your application without this)
• Minimum of 6+ years working on audio for interactive digital and physical products, specifically console games, VR, and consumer electronics
• 3+ years working as a leader in the field of audio
• At least 1 successful and proven instance of end to end sonic branding strategy design
• Excellent cross-functional communications skills – communicate and interact effectively within a team environment and work collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to tell great stories and define mood and brand through audio
• Expertise with interactive audio technology and middleware solutions
• Highly proficient with audio editing software such as ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, or equivalent
• Experience modifying audio assets to conform with hardware limitations
• Experience developing audio in the film industry
• College degree (audio related)
• Music composition/instrument proficiency
The Avatar Project at Massive is building an immersive, deep, and tangible world based on James Cameron’s Avatar. As the Audio Director, you’ll work in collaboration with the creative team to define the artistic vision and technical roadmap of the game’s soundscape, voiceover, and music to support and expand the ambitious gameplay and narrative goals of the project.
• Working with the creative team and IP partners to establish the audio vision and technical goals
• Directing the audio team to create and implement all of the project’s audio assets
• Communicating the audio vision and department needs to the entire team
• Collaborating with tech directors to design and implement audio tools and processes
• Establish the technical and production needs for voice recording sessions
• Constantly pushing the quality of the game’s audio assets and systems to the highest possible level
You as a person:
You are a seasoned audio professions who has had experience with all aspects of the audio process. Communication, organization, and collaboration come naturally to you in your process. You can establish and protect your creative vision for audio while taking input and feedback from many fronts that serve many different needs. The complex nature of game audio has become a second nature to you. As the Audio Director, you will be responsible for everything that reaches the player’s ears. You’ll work with the team to establish Pandora’s soundscape, immersing our players and playing a key role in bringing our Pandora to life. You’ll work with a group of passionate directors, leading a team of dedicated audio professionals to recreate and expand one of the largest and most popular worlds in entertainment.
• Multiple years of experience in audio for video games
• Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
• Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools
• World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
• Experience with Wwise
• Multiple shipped titles as a game audio director is a bonus
• Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
• Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 400 people from 35 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3 and our latest release Tom Clancy’s The Division.