We came across 6 interesting new audio jobs at Konami, iZotope, Telltale, EA, Deep Silver, and Accusonus – and they’re looking for Sound Designers, a Localization Audio Engineer, a Senior Sound Designer, and a Music Tech Content Writer. Happy job hunting!
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Konami Gaming, Inc seeks experienced Sound Designer with from the Casino and/or Consumer Gaming Industry. Successful candidates will have worked for Casino Slot Game Manufacturers and or Video Game Designers and held such titles as: Sound Designer, Sound Engineer, Senior Sound Engineer, etc…
Sound Designers maintain creative direction in the functional spec/game proposal, including the creation of sound bytes, game sound, flow, and final game theme. They coordinate voiceovers and establish internal progress reviews and necessary modifications in accordance with the schedule. They identify successful/unsuccessful sound approach and are responsible for understanding the development process of a broad range of game types, products and platforms.
Stop the madness of Contracting! This position is a: full-time, salaried role, with all associated employee benefits, that will work in-house at Konami Gaming in Las Vegas as part of our Games R&D team creating, composing, and planning sound designs using musical/physical sound effects, BGM and voice-over for both domestic and international video/stepper slot machines. Additionally our Sound Designers create original compositions of music, sound effects, create scripts of actual sound data for machines by using audio assets and work with Programmers and Game Designer to achieve project goals. Bring your talents to Konami and Bring Your Game to Work!!
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelors Degree
• 5+yrs proven work experience with Casino Slot Game Manufacturers and or Video Game Designers in the capacity of Music/Sound Design and Game Sound Development
Applicants must provide a link within their Candidate Profile to an online Audio Demo with original relevant compositions. We look forward to reviewing your work submission.
Company: Telltale Games
Location: San Rafael, CA, USA
Telltale Games is looking for an experienced and passionate Sound Designer to join our award winning studio. As the masters of episodic gaming, we concentrate on creating immersive and jaw dropping adventure games for our players. You will be working with some of the most talented people in the industry in a fast paced and exciting environment. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and mixing top notch cinematic audio during all stages of production. The ideal candidate should possess a love of storytelling through sound regardless of the medium or method along with the sound design chops and technical know-how to turn that passion into a reality.
• Take a central role in establishing the sonic landscape of Telltale’s projects
• Sound design, implement, and mix assigned game scenes from concept to submission
• Help us innovate best practices that achieve desired goals and milestones
• Ongoing creation and organization of the existing in house sound library
• A passion and understanding for cinematic and game sound design
• Good listening skills and an ear for detail
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in linear and/or interactive audio
• Minimum of 3 titles shipped as a sound designer
• Working knowledge of Fmod Studio 8 or 9
• Knowledgeable about various game engines such as Unreal and Unity
• A reel demonstrating advanced linear and procedural sound design skills
• Mastery with modern DAW’s and other audio production software
• Able to work efficiently in both PC and Mac-based operating systems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with a desire to work with a team
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Experience delivering high quality work under tight deadlines
• Studio VO recording experience
• Music editing experience
• Experience working in sound design for film and/or television
• 5.1 mixing experience
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft’s and Google’s productivity apps
Location: Madrid, Spain
We are EA. And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry. Yup – it’s the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead
The Localization Audio Engineer and team are accountable for Manage audio and video assets in different languages, from recording to bug fixing delivering the highest quality assets into the game and meeting Integration projects deadlines. You will be co-working with different territories around Europe, development studios around the world as well as being part of a complete project lead-technical-audio team in Madrid.
What a Loc. Audio Engineer does at EA:
As a Localization Audio Engineer, your primary focus will be to manage recording assets and, if required, assist external recoding studios when needed in order to guarantee EA’s quality standards. Also, you will analyse, schedule and follow up the project plan while tracking project’s schedules and predict issues and risks. Most of your time you will be focused on supporting the lead of the project in any particular actions required. Bug fixing of audio, being responsible of the final audio quality of all integrated languages in a Title and the integration of the localized audio in the game with EA internal tools or third party ones as well as being responsible of an audio project oriented to banks, contexts, events, parameters. You will use your skills to map samples to banks and assign design information to them. You will also spend time checking localized audio files in depth and master them as close as the English audio using batch processes, massive renaming, sometimes up to 15 languages and thousands of files, and handle the audio integration, checking and adjusting levels in different languages and having legacy behaviors.
The next great EA Loc. Audio Engineer also needs:
• University Degree and/or Audio Degree (+2 year) or equivalent experience
• Audio tools knowledge
• MAC environment experience
• PC audio applications fluency(Wavelab, Sound Forge), audio plug-ins management proven experience
• Experience in studio recordings (dubbing at least)
• 3 years experience in audio tools management
• Good knowledge of interactive multimedia or games
• 1 year experience in the localization recordings
• Fluency in English is a must
• Perfect knowledge of MS Office
• Minimum programming knowledge (Access databases and Excel programming and SQL desired)
• Experience in working under pressure and with tight deadlines
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Company: Deep Silver Dambuster Studios
Location: Nottingham, UK
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios are looking for a highly motivated creative and technical individual to join their audio department as a Senior Sound Designer. We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual, with high quality engineering skills, to join our Audio team. This role requires the Audio team to work closely with other departments, so great communication and team working skills are essential. If you have a passion for games and want to be a part of creating the soundtrack for an exciting AAA title, we want to hear from you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Support, follow and deliver on the audio plan set out by the Audio Director to provide a AAA sound experience
• Soundscape and Sound Effects Production using various techniques such as Foley recording, location/studio recording, in addition to manipulating in-house and commercial material
• Audio asset implementation from source, middleware to engine
• Partners with designers, animators, programmers and other departments involved
• 4+ years of professional audio experience in game development
• Shipped from pre-production to release, 2+ large scale titles
• Able to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard
• Good communication skills and a great team-player attitude
• Strong knowledge of modern DAWs and Digital Audio Editing Software
• Strong passion for making the highest quality, state of the art games
• Organised and Methodical approach to work & problem solving
• Strong knowledge of track laying, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics preferably in Pro Tools
• Ability to design and implement innovative audio systems
• Strong technical audio theory background
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Experience in microphone techniques and field recording
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, openness to critique
• Technical knowledge of PC and game console technologies and ability to know how sound works in games with the ability to explain it to people who don’t
• Expert knowledge in next generation AAA game engines
• Willing to relocate to Nottingham, United Kingdom
• Experience of using Wwise in an Unreal pipeline
• Experience with Steinberg DAWs, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Basehead
• Knowledge of MaxMSP
• Knowledge of 3D object based surround sound formats, such as Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics
• Knowledge of Binaural Encoding Techniques
To apply for this position please email RECRUITMENT@DSDAMBUSTER.COM including your CV, cover letter and a link to your online portfolio.
**Please note we are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK. Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Limited’s ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship. During the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation. Due to the high number of applications received, we regret it is not always possible to reply to all applications; however, we would like to thank you for your time and interest in our company.
Location: Remote (Accusonus is based in Massachusetts, USA and Patras, Greece)
Are you passionate about the music technology industry? Are you able to write accurate and interesting posts on audio technology, music production, acoustics and sound engineering? Accusonus is seeking freelance music tech writers to produce valuable content for the accusonus user community. We are based in Greece and MA (USA), but you don’t need to be.
Key functions and responsibilities
• Perform comprehensive research on selected sound engineering/audio tech/music production topics (these will be typically indicated by the accusonus team but can be also proposed by you)
• Write original, compelling, timely and concise content (blog posts, articles, tech reports, etc) in English
• Create original supportive material for your content such as graphs, images, pie charts, sound examples, video examples, etc
• Find and propose additional supportive material from external partners (stock photos, images, audio/video etc) that can accompany your content
• Be fast and responsive in communication with accusonus team members
• Bachelor in music technology (or high-ranking undergraduate student)
• Deep understanding of the music technology/production and sound engineering principles
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex issues to a general audience
• Excellent writing skills and familiarity with technical content
• English speaker (native or bilingual proficiency)
• Highly organized, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Professional experience in music production or sound engineering
• Proficient in music creation software/hardware
• Social media savvy
• Previous experience in content writing will be a plus
• Work with a fast growing music technology company that builds products used by world’s top music producers and sound engineers
• Competitive remuneration: price for each project is agreed in advance and payment is made immediately after successful project delivery
• If you would like to join the Accusonus team, you are welcome to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “Application for Freelance Writer”)
Location: Cambridge, Ma, USA
iZotope is looking for a talented, inspired Sound Designer to help us create innovative and compelling product content that inspires and enables our customers to be creative. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, the Sound Designer will work closely with the product development team to craft the vision and sound design goals for all of our products, including planning, budgeting, management and execution of all sound work.
• Collaborate closely with other Sound Designers and Product Management to execute and translate existing product visions and sound design goals into product content deliverables.
• Work with third party artists, contractors, and industry partners to supplement content creation as needed.
• Work with the Research team to provide necessary qualitative sonic feedback during DSP algorithm development
• Imaginative use of audio production tools and sound design techniques to curate and refine existing libraries and where necessary, create high-quality original content as it applies to each product release.
• Solicit and respond to critical feedback while delivering high quality and on-time execution of sound design content.
• Build and curate a comprehensive and ever-evolving sound testing library of relevant content to use in testing DSP algorithms.
• Continuously learning of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies.
• Ability to understand, appreciate and anticipate our customers’ needs and wants. Candidates for the Sound Design role at iZotope should already be familiar with the audio content in – or ideally, customers of – products in one or more of our target markets: music production, post production/ audio for video, live sound, music performance, and DJ.
• Demonstrable skill, in the form of a shareable portfolio, and breadth of experience with music and audio production across a variety of settings and genres
• Familiarity with iZotope’s current line of effects and instruments.
• A deep understanding of technical concepts behind audio processors and synthesis techniques.
• Current knowledge of the latest music production and sound design techniques and technologies, using both iZotope and competitor products
• Ability to manage relationships with all content developers, both inside and outside the company-from project planning and budgeting to contract negotiation and project management.
• 5 + years of audio production experience
• Solid understanding of audio production & design techniques and editing is required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the other members of a sound design team.
• Experience with professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) ProTools, Logic, Live, Effect and Instrument Plugins, etc
• Prior experience as a professional Sound Designer
• Experience with software development process and agile methodology
• Deep understanding of iZotope’s current line of effects and instruments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent
• Previous management experience a plus
This position is full-time and located in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.