We came across 4 interesting jobs at Obsidian, Monolith, KingIsle, and Social Point – and they’re looking for Senior Sound Designers, an Associate Producer in Sound, and a Sound Designer. We also spotted an opportunity as a Studio Coordinator at Binari Sonori America here. Happy job hunting!
Company: Obsidian Entertainment
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Obsidian is looking for a creative and technical sound designer with the capability to design and implement assets, manage entire projects, and/or specialize in key audio systems.
Over the course of our 14 years in the industry, Obsidian has sold millions of units, won a ton of awards, and – above all – we’ve always put our players first in every decision we’ve made. Our titles require a unique audio landscape, and that’s where you come in. The Senior Sound Designer will work closely with the audio and development teams to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration.
• 5+ years experience with multiple shipped AAA game titles
• Possesses expert sound design skills with the ability to design, record, create, implement, mix, and master high quality and deeply engaging interactive sounds for a wide variety of subject matters and styles at a quality bar above industry standards
• Constantly seeks ways to improve creative and technical processes, taking them to the next level through personal research and continued education
• Establishes clear creative intentions through research, references, and documentation
• Drives assigned tasks from concept to completion in a proactive manner, requiring minimal guidance or course correction
• Fosters a positive work environment through camaraderie across the team by being an exceptional team player with strong collaborative and communication skills
• Freely and easily accepts, seeks, and implements constructive feedback from other members of the team
• Regularly communicates progress against schedule and isn’t afraid to ask for help when blocked or off track
• Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Helps to mentor less senior audio designers by providing creative training, guidance, and feedback
• A lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games and interactive storytelling
• Plan, research, create, implement, mix, and master AAA quality sound effects
• Implement all types of sounds, music, and voice over using Wwise, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
• Design, propose, document, and/or prototype new audio features as required, driving forward all initiatives from concept through to completion in a transparent and timely manner
• Actively seek ways to improve audio tools and workflow pipelines
• Work closely with Audio Director and strike team leads to meet or exceed project goals
• Field record new assets and sound effects
• Edit and process VO and/or music
• Create and mix audio for cutscenes and marketing videos
• A bachelor’s degree in relevant studies such as audio engineering
• Post-production experience in other audio related fields such as television or film
• Experience using Wwise, FMOD, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
Company: Monolith Productions
Location: Kirkland, WA, USA
Monolith Productions seeks a Senior Sound Designer for the Audio department.
• Offers supervision of work to junior and mid-level team members with reviews of their content.
• Can provide feature sign off. Can define own specific technical audio design areas. Works with Director of audio and other leads to create audio systems needed.
• Completely understands the project pipeline, has ownership over some areas. Advises on and helps to actively improve the pipeline. Owns features, assigns tasks, holds vision of game audio with Director of audio to oversee it all.
• Can set up for recording (inside or outside) and has mastered good recording techniques. Owns or oversees mixing in an area and contributes to game mix. Plans and identifies recordings needed with the team.
• Is proficient with audio and engine tools. Can implement in all tools and audio middleware and mentor if needed. Test game audio, assign tasks and work with other team members to resolve issues.
• Can support music implementation and testing closely with Staff music composer.
• Sound Design Techniques
• Technical Design
• Pipeline – Data structure, assets – content management, formats, memory
• Studio Skills – Recording, Mixing and equipment.
• Game engine experience
Company: KingIsle Entertainment
Location: Austin, TX, USA
KingsIsle Entertainment is currently looking for an Associate Producer (Sound) to work on exciting and innovative games for mobile and tablet devices. We are the creators of the popular and critically acclaimed Wizard101 and Pirate101, which together have garnered over 50 Million registered players to date. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing and highly successful entertainment company.
• Candidate will work with the Producer to manage the sound production of KingsIsle’s suite of games
• Manage and coordinate assets for off-site sound contractors and KingsIsle’s on-site sound team
• Assist in tracking and reporting team progress
• Notify production teams of schedule conflicts between games and resources
• Assist in scheduling team assets for milestone progressions
• Handle the tracking of invoices and budgetary reporting
• Help in compiling game and backstory information for sound events
• Assist in the talent audition process
• Candidates must have 2+ years as an Associate Producer or Project Manager
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Deep proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Deep knowledge of sound production techniques and terminology
• Strong documentation and communication skills
• Strong affinity for games and sound design in games
• Solid experience in issue tracking software such as Jira or Test Track Pro
• Experience in audio middleware such as FMOD
• Game editor experience
• Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
• Salary will be commensurate with experience
• Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered
• Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
• This job is located in Austin, Texas
Company: Social Point
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 300 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world. Join us and help us make 2017 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As member of the audio team your job will involve creating all kind of sound effects, music, mixing, audio integration and work closely with the team
This is you:
• Good communication skills
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Creative sound design
• Game audio integration skills
• Audio software: Logic Pro / Ableton Live or Pro Tools
• Unity Skills
• Musical skills
• Digital audio knowledge
• 3 years minimum of expertise
• A big passion for games
You also have:
• Good music composition skills
• Good level of English
• Wwise or Fmod knowledge
• MAX MSP / Max4Live
• Mixing skills
• Extensive portfolio and demo reel
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy…
• You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
• People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
• We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
• Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready 😉
• If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork 😉
• The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!