We came across interesting jobs at Techland, Wargaming, Raven, and PlayStation – and they’re looking for an Audio Director, Audio Designer, Junior Audio Designer, and Sound Design Intern. Bonus: there’s also an opportunity for an Audio Designer at Velan Studios here. Happy job hunting!
Location: Warsaw, Poland
As an Audio Director you will be responsible for the whole audio at Techland, i.e.:
• define the audio strategy – both for the project (in connection with its whole vision), as well as long–term, in terms of further projects
• inspire the audio team in everyday work and take care of the best quality of its work (work feedback, playtesting game fragments, strengthening gameplay elements through sound, etc.)
• work together with composers (outsource): communicate the vision, receive and evaluate their work
• take part in actor auditions and take care of the whole Voice Over process
• think of the whole project’s vision, taking care of its highest quality (not only in terms of audio)
• follow trends and verify novelties, in order to update ways of creating audio and tools used by the team on that basis
• support/feedback other projects – as far as possible
You meet our expectations if you:
• have at least a few years of experience in audio or sound directing
• have created and implemented an audio vision for at least two AAA projects
• always strive for the best quality of your work, even against the limitations of technology or equipment
• look at the project as a whole and see connections between art, narration, audio and technology
• communicate freely in English
Knowledge of Wwise technology is welcome.
Location: Prague/Brno, Czech Republic
Wargaming Czech Republic is looking for a skilled Audio Designer to join our new development team in Brno. In this role, you will work on the next generation of new and exciting features for World of Tanks. Brno is the newest addition to Wargaming Czech Republic and has a startup feel. You’ll be working with people who are passionate about game development in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
What you will do:
• Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to define assets that match the aesthetic and technical specifications of the game
• Establish audio design guidelines, rules, style and standards based on the intended gameplay design and aesthetics
• Create and maintain audio technology documentation
• Create sound design (environmental, ambience, vehicles, explosions, shots, VO, etc.)
• Record, mix, edit and implement in-game sound effects
• Iterate on the audio assets according to feedback from leads, QA and user tests
• Troubleshoot audio issues; follow performance requirements
• Collaborate with the team to improve existing technology and develop new features
• 3+ years in the game industry focused on audio design
• At least one shipped game title
• Experience with recording, mixing, editing, processing and implementation of sounds
• An understanding of the basic principles of good audio design, sense of design aesthetic
• Organization skills, attention to detail, ability to work efficiently towards deadlines
• Knowledge of the current standards of audio design in the game industry
• Technical understanding of sound design pipelines
• Interest in creative and procedural experimentation
• Independent fast learner with a passion for audio design and making games
• Good spoken/written English
• Unreal Engine experience
• Experience with audio scripting or programming
• Experience with mentorship
• Interest in design and technology trends
• Experience with version control systems (SVN, Perforce, etc.)
To apply, please forward your resume to hr_prague (at) wargaming (dot) net.
Location: Madison/Middleton, WI, USA
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [Black Ops, Modern Warfare, Ghosts, Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare, WWII] is seeking a passionate Junior Audio Designer to join our team to work on our next project.
• Collaborates with audio and other teams to create and implement sound assets that match aesthetic and technical specifications
• Integrate sounds with level editor, animation editor (Maya/3DS Max) and scripting
• Interactive and linear sound effects design, music editing, dialogue editing and processing, mixing
• Troubleshoots audio issues, optimizes to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms
• Collaborates with audio programmers to improve existing tech and develop new features
• Collaborates with relevant parties to design and build dynamic playback systems that link to existing in-game systems
• Contributes to audio technology documentation/wiki
• Works with Audio Director and teammates to manage the final mix of the game
• Portfolio demonstrating strong sound design for realistic settings (see below)
• Excellent understanding of implementation techniques, proven through work on previous titles with proprietary tools or middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Unreal)
• Ability to edit music, voice and sounds for integration into dynamic playback systems
• Experienced with a level creation/editing tool (Hammer, Radiant, UnrealEd)
• Comfortable scripting in a C-like programming language
• Mastery of chosen audio tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Sound Forge, etc)
• Passionate about the FPS genre
• Exceptional organization skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• C/C++ programming experience
• Maya/3DS Max experience
• Multiplayer FPS experience
• Passion for FPS gaming
What We Want to See in Your Reel:
• 3-5 minute video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked
• A cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage
• A diverse selection of footage including various types of work
• No music, this is not a music role
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Location: Playa Vista/Los Angeles, CA
• Duties will include Pro Tools editorial work, WWISE integration and authoring, field recording, and potential work as production assistant.
• The candidate will be assisting in VOADRHMC sessions as well as directly contributing to content creation and integration for both God Of War and Spiderman.
• The candidate must have an understanding and hands on experience in the field of interactive audio including but not limited to tools such as WWISE, FMOD, SCREAM, etc… In addition, the candidate must have solid mastery of Pro Tools. Field recording experience a plus.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.