We came across 4 interesting jobs at Ubisoft, Blue Isle Studios, Microsoft, and Media Molecule – and they’re looking for a Junior Audio Specialist, Sound Designers, and Technical Sound Designer. Happy job hunting!
Company: Ubisoft Pune
Location: Pune, MH, India
Ubisoft Pune is proud to be one of the most creative video game studios in India with over 600 + talented employees ranging over many areas of expertise. Just Dance, Prince of Persia, Steep, Grow Up or For Honor, are some of the amazing Ubisoft’s brands, our teams are working one. We have very challenging and exciting opportunities for creative minds to develop their expertise and capabilities to grow. At Ubisoft we favour diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit, and, together, we build success. Besides, the friendly work environment, Pune is a fast growing city and a hub for the Indian economy. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
• Performs multichannel sound and volume specific tests, using dedicated software and verifies that all Ubisoft titles are compliant with the guidelines
• Keeps a close communication with the Audio directors/ Producers and Audio production teams
• Reports the status of the tests to the management of each project
• Keeps track of his reported issues
• Is up to date with the project’s status
• Plans the tests according to the project’s needs
• A minimum of 1.6 years of experience in testing
• Knowledge of latest audio technologies and audio in gaming is must
• Basic audio equipment knowledge
• Basic multichannel sound system knowledge
• Walkthrough skills – ability to complete a fast walkthrough
• Very good knowledge of at least one of these platforms: X1, PS4, PC
• Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Good communication skills, both spoken and written
• Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• High School diploma or equivalent
Company: Blue Isle Studios
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Blue Isle Studios is looking for a candidate with extensive experience in sound design and environmental audio. As a member of the team you will work directly with the team leads and programmers to create vast soundscapes for a large open world multiplayer game. One must be comfortable in operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with artists, designers and programmers in bringing their characters, creatures and environments to life.
Our ideal sound designer will be involved with everything from game UI, spells, creatures, ambient effects and potentially game music. This person should have an outstanding ability to create excellent, original content with the technical skills to successfully integrate it into the final product. This is a full-time position working from our office located in downtown Toronto. We are not looking for remote contract work at this time.
• Experience working in Unreal 4
• Game audio production credits on multiple shipped titles
• Experience specifically in creating outstanding soundscapes
• Proven ability designing sounds for fantasy games, specifically creature and spell work
• Experience using limited assets online and a microphone to create the needed sounds
• Experience producing foley for games
• Experience working in DAW workstations including Pro Tools and Ableton Live
• Experience conforming sound-to-picture
• Demo reel or audio portfolio including examples of sound design experience
• Scripting experience, specifically in Unreal Blueprint
• Experience working with open world multiplayer games
• Sound Design: 2 years
• Unreal Engine: 1 year
Please make sure to submit a resume and a cover letter. Submissions without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Company: Microsoft – Release Labs
Location: Redmond, WA, USA
We aspire for hundreds of millions of people to use Microsoft Groove seamlessly across their everyday lives. Our team is growing and we are looking for a Technical Sound Designer to help us craft new engaging music experiences for the Windows customer of tomorrow. Our audio team is tightly embedded within a multi-discipline product team of program managers, creatives, engineers, and quality engineers. We are a collaborative and curious group who value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by our millions of users. We want them to love our products and you can help define what that means.
As the Technical Sound Designer for Release Labs, you will be responsible for crafting compelling and engaging audio systems that inspire and drive Microsoft’s new music creation platform. You should have a consistent track record with examples of successful work in the area of musical composition and sound design for commercial media (TV, film, games, advertising etc.). A firm understanding of common audio production techniques and audio engineering tools is required as well as an in-depth understanding of the current virtual instrument marketplace.
Innovation and passion motivate your designs and you are excited to discover ways to advance audio software systems beyond convention by defining and organizing unique content.
• Craft audio content data sets
• Define genre-specific production paradigms
• Generate content to increase product scalability
• You are a great fit for this role if you: Strong verbal and written communication skills used to influence multi-disciplinary teams (especially engineers and creative designers)
• History of collaboration across disparate teams (e.g. product engineering marketing, platform teams, external partners, etc.)
• Excellent audio engineering skills, from mixing and mastering to mic technique and synthesis
• 5-10 years industry experience composing music for TV, film, games an advertising
• You should be able to accurately produce music across various genres
• Demonstrated understanding of virtual instrument frameworks, audio signal paths, and music production techniques
• You are a seasoned user of modern DAWs such as Bitwig, Ableton Live or equivalent
• You are proficient at building sample libraries in various formats (Kontakt, EXS, Giga)
• Background in software engineering
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
• 2-3 audio products shipped to market containing your work
Company: Sony – Media Molecule
Location: Guilford, UK
We are a small, diverse studio with a family vibe. Self-motivation, knowledge of your craft, and willingness to push the boundaries of what is possible are important qualities for prospective Molecules. In return we offer flexible working, inclusivity, a highly collaborative approach to development and really quite marvellous benefits and perks.
We are looking for a sound designer to help us make our new user-created content project, Dreams. Hands-on games development experience is essential, however the number of shipped titles and length of experience is less important than ability, skills and enthusiasm.
• A recent showreel, showcasing your games audio work.
• The candidate will be able to produce awesome sounds! They should have an understanding of what is required to make a game sound good, and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
• The candidate should have plenty of knowledge about sound recording. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved. This should also be demonstrable in examples of work.
• The candidate should ideally have experience and knowledge of using various different sound implementation systems: Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc. Specific knowledge of these is not a requirement, but a level of competence and expertise in making sounds work in a game is advantageous.
• The candidate should ideally demonstrate either a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system, or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role. Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
• The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. This is not a composition job, but the ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
• Media Molecule is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment selection is based on objective, job-related criteria, as well as a commitment to diversity. Applicants will be chosen on their merits and abilities.
• This is a permanent position.
How to apply
• If all of those requirements seem to be describing you, you should apply at once!
• Simply send us an email to email@example.com, stating the position you’re applying for in the subject of the email.
Tips for getting hired!
• Please make sure to send along a portfolio, showreel, or just something that shows off your past work, published or otherwise – there’s only so much we can glean from a CV alone, yo!
These are the things we look for in each person we hire
• Damn good at what you do!
• Desire ownership and responsibility
• Really love playing and making games
• Burning with passion, enthusiasm and drive
• Active rather than passive team player
• Loves to collaborate with a creative team
• Jolly nice personality
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a diverse talented team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, London weighting, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, organic fruit, really comfy chairs, and the occasional hug. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small studio space in Brighton.
We regret to inform that we cannot sponsor work visas at this time.