We came across 4 interesting jobs at Weare WRKSHP, Iron Galaxy, Playtika, and EA – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer, Lead Audio Designer, Composer/Sound Engineer, and Senior Audio Artist. We also spotted a Senior Audio Designer position at Slightly Mad Studios here.
Happy job hunting!
Company: Weare WRKSHP
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
At WRKSHP, our mission is to bring people together through the power of play. We believe in teamwork, intellectual honesty, and high quality craftsmanship and work hard to create simple, beautiful and massively social games that expand the possibility space of people’s lives.
We are passionate, bootstrapped and profitable. Our 60 person team is made up of the best artists, developers and designers in the world. We have developed over 55 top 25 applications in the App Store and our latest game, Battle Camp, is the world’s largest mobile MMO with over 30 million downloads. Battle Camp was the App Store’s Best Multiplayer Game and is a Top 100 Grossing App in 100 countries on iOS and Android.
We are a forward looking, fast paced company in the search for our next Sound Designer. This person should be passionate about establishing a career path at an innovative new model entertainment company.
We value attitude and determination, and want someone with a passion for sound, films and acoustics. Someone who has knowledge of sound recording and editing techniques, hard worker, who is responsible and has creativity and imagination. As you would be working with us and in constant communication with record labels and artist, we require you to have an amazing work ethic.
• Creating sounds effects
• Creating more subtle sounds to enhance mood and feeling
• Managing the sound post production process
• Provide the sound for screen action
• Candidates applying for this role should be Sound Design, Audio Engineering, Music
• Production majors, preferably with experience on sound designing and a solid understanding of the entertainment markets
Our offices are located in the heart of San Francisco, and are easily accessible by local, regional transit (BART, Muni, etc.). While we work hard to make the best games out there, we support a casual, open environment where we’re all in this together!
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and portfolio for our review.
Company: Iron Galaxy
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Iron Galaxy Studios, an established independent developer best known for the Killer Instinct series, is looking for a talented lead audio designer. If you’re interested in an environment to showcase your talents across multiple exciting projects, this job is for you. This opportunity is for a full-time position, in Chicago, IL.
The lead audio designer will be responsible for creating and directing the implementation of all sound assets in the engine and work with audio programmers to ensure the highest quality audio is reproduced in the game. This position will also oversee contracted audio resources to develop original scores that supports the theme and mood of each level or scene. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games and the role that audio plays in the player experience.
• Deliver a great game audio experience for players by utilizing your strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, middleware, implementation and audio system technology.
• Record Foley, VO, and mix all elements in the final game.
• Capture raw audio to be used in our games.
• Work collaboratively with production, creative and programmers to refine and enhance toolset while producing high quality audio.
• Balance quality and efficiency while working under tight deadlines on multiple projects.
• Strictly adhere to project timelines and provide visibility for the team on the progress of the deliverables (planned and actual deliverables) and implement solutions to avoid gaps.
• Participate in the recruitment process for audio contractors and/or staff by reviewing resumes, interviewing and testing external and internal applicants.
• Engage and manage vendors, budgets and schedules with external resources.
• Be the advocate for the audio department and ensure it has all the necessary resources to create a AAA experience.
• 8+ years’ experience in video game development with multiple titles shipped
• Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
• Proven track record as a leader in the field of audio for video games
• Experience and knowledge to communicate effectively across disciplines and departments
• Understand the game’s technical and artistic constraints and important aspects (story, gameplay, vision)
• Experience editing, mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
• Willingness to work self-directed and in a team
• Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
• Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
• Experience with multiple game engines (i.e. UE4, Unity, Proprietary, etc.).
• Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.).
Location: Vinnytsia, Ukraine
Playtika is the largest games company in Ukraine and #1 worldwide in its genre. The first and the biggest development and studio is looking for a Sound Engineer. Do you want to be the part of the most creative and crazy team? We are looking for talented individuals with experience background in Film, TV, or Game composing.
• You will create and edit sound effects and samples
• Compose most styles of music from classical, rock, pop, and world music
• Mix and master music compositions
• Create and edit sound effects and samples
• Proficient use of music software (At least one software suit such as Cubase, Reason, Pro Tools, Ableton, Logic Pro, etc.)
• Familiar with sound samples libraries and standard resources
• Familiar with MS Office
• Good communication skills
• English Skills
• Experience in working with animators
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA. This individual should have critical knowledge of audio in a Sports title. This candidate will work within the Audioworks team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with broad game-creation and sound creation skills.
• Understanding of human crowd behavior and how it can be best modeled in a game
• Work on audio creative design and vision in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
• Building a good rapport with the dev team and representing Audioworks accordingly
• Defining deliverables and owning the delivery schedule with Audioworks Dev Director
• Audio restoration skills/ extracting noise and harmonic bands from broad spectrum audio
• Collaborate with team project manager and review work of audio artists and contractors for your title
• Delivering the audio on budget as defined by Audioworks and the dev team
• Minimum of seven years’ game/audio experience and strong Gen 3 console title experience
• Have advanced knowledge of new technologies and processes in the interactive audio field
• Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
• Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
• Expertise in mixing triple AAA games for multiple target playback environments at a high quality
• Experience with large scale recordings at live venues (stadium/arena, crowd, and ambience recordings)
• Experience acquiring multi-channel impulse responses from live recordings.
• Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
• Outstanding sound design and listening skills
• Strong communication skills, works well as part of a team, self-motivated
• Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, and strong technical thinker
• Strong skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio