We came across 3 interesting jobs from Blizzard, Wargaming, and Ubisoft – and they’re looking for a Composer’s Assistant, Sound Designer, and a Audio Programmer. Happy job hunting!
Location: Irvine, CA, USA
The Composer’s Assistant (Temp) will provide support for our Senior Music Staff to maintain and maximum their engagement in all music related tasks involved with our franchises.
You will be assisting with all aspects of music production, working with producers and composers to plan recording sessions and maintain the music pipeline to ensure that composers eyes/ears are on all materials. You will also be editing and prepping music assets and implementing them using custom tools as directed. You will also be responsible for managing and archiving all related music assets.
Superior organizational and communication skills are required, as well as the ability to create top drawer mock-ups and arrangements. Proficiency in music editing is a requisite. Solid orchestration skills are a plus, must be fluid in Sibelius and or Finale.
• Create MIDI mock-ups based on composer’s specification
• Assist composers and contractors in all forms of score preparation (e.g., notation, orchestration, etc.)
• Music editing
• Manage and archive all music assets
• Assisting composer with implementing music assets in the game using custom tools as directed
• Managing composer’s computers, templates, software upgrades, instrument libraries, etc
• Work with composer to troubleshoot music-related requests for games and editors
• Certificate in music production or equal experience as a composer’s assistant
• Knowledge in multiple DAW’s (e.g., ProTools, Logic, Reaper etc.)
• Ability to notate music in Sibelius or Finale
• Experience in organizing recording sessions and working with musicians
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work within a team dynamic
• Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products
• Passion for video games
Plus to have
• Fluent in Blizzard games, and their lore
• Experience in the video game industry
• Experience working in level editors, or creating game mods
• Knowledge in Adobe products (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, etc.
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Wargaming Seattle is looking for an experienced video game Sound Designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is highly creative and technical, with an extraordinary work ethic. The primary focus of this role is authoring and implementing incredible game audio, but you may also be expected to help design game audio systems, audio project structures, and help with source acquisitions. Strong interpersonal skills and a great attitude are a must. Applicants must have their own audio facilities and online connection in order to work off-site. Additionally, applicants are required to submit an audio reel along with a resume, and an audio test may be required.
What you will do:
• Author industry-best sound effects and elegantly implement them into the game
• Collaborate with the audio lead to envision, map out, and actualize bleeding-edge audio systems
• Iterate on systems and mix until our game delivers a legendary audio experience
• Participate in field recordings, foley sessions, audio summits, and other excursions
• Coordinate with the rest of the development team, and act as an exemplary representative of the Wargaming Audio Team at large
• Personal off-site audio studio with dedicated internet capable of supporting a VPN connection
• Ability (skills and equipment) to field record and fabricate world-class assets
• Demonstrable technical prowess regarding the implementation of game assets, and building audio systems
• Excellent time management skills, and ability to actualize sounds in the game in a timely fashion
• An upbeat, positive attitude is essential to this role… we’re developing kickass games here!
• Must love/live/breathe game audio and maintain a highly dedicated work ethic with attention to detail
• Consummate knowledge of the game development cycle and standard development tools
• Mastery-level experience using Wwise
• Knowledge of software engineering and scripting
• Contributed to a shipped AAA title’s development from start to finish
• At least 5 years of experience in AAA game development
• Experience in large-scale foley and field recording
• Strong understanding of the principals of acoustics, psychoacoustics, and mixing
Company: Ubisoft / Avatar Project, Tom Clancy’s The Division
Location: Malmö, Sweden
You will work closely with audio designers to design, create and maintain systems and tools in Snowdrop, our in-house developed engine. This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
You will be part of a team of programmers where quality and attention to detail is highly valued. You will also work close to both game-designers and operations in your daily work, as a part of a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. You probably have a passion for creating games, and breath-taking animations, and will most likely describe yourself as creative, hard-working, result oriented and cooperative.
• Drive the development of the snowdrop audio-tools & systems, in collaboration with the audio team
• Maintain the current tools & systems in a workable state
• Be responsible for any audio tech issues that might arise, and find the most efficient solutions to fix them
• 1+ AAA title shipped as an Audio Programmer using C++ programming
• Development experience with PS4/XboxOne/PC with a focus on code performance and optimization techniques
• Work experience with Wwise and DSP programming
• Work experience with a multi-threaded code-base
• Knowledge of sound theory
• Experience of working in large engines/projects
• Knowledge of Bink audio
• Experience with sound propagation
• Understanding of content pipeline in game engines
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!