We came across interesting new jobs at Crystal Dynamics, Sony Creative Arts Music, One More Game, and Facebook Sound Design – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (CA, US), Music Production Intern (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer (Remote), and Sound Design Manager (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Technician at Rockstar New York (NY, US), Senior Music Producer at Sizzer (NL), Composer at Wavepaths (England / Remote), Music Editor and Specialist at Bungie (WA, US), Audio Mixer at Supernatural (CA, US), Audio Internship at Insomniac Games (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Sega Europe (England), PhD Researcher at Dolby/University of Technology Sydney (NSW, Australia), Senior Sound Designer at Respawn (CA, US), Associate Producer, Voice Over at Blizzard Entertainment (CA, US), Sound Designer at Oculus Seattle (WA, US), Coordinator/Archive Librarian at Warner Music Group (CA, US), Sound Designer at Totality Corp (India / Remote), Sound Designer at AudiBoi (Bangladesh / Remote), Producer at NetherRealm Studios (IL, US), and Game Producer at Amazon Games (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Lead Audio Technician at Bang Zoom! Studios (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Kai Paquin shares his sound effects metadata approach and workflows in this highly in-depth guide
• Video: Creating the Game Music for ‘Far Cry 6’ – with Audio Director Eduardo Vaisman
• Designing the dynamic and immersive sound of Fathom with Brad Engleking
• Excellent new sound effects from the independent community
• Video: Behind the music and sound design for Amazon Games’ New World
Company: Crystal Dynamics
Location: Redwood City, CA, US
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options and plenty of days of paid time-off.Position Summary
Crystal Dynamics is looking for an experienced Audio Designer with knowledge in multiple aspects of audio and implementation to join our award winning team. In this position you will collaborate with the design team to create, record, edit, polish, and implement assets to create the audioscape for AAA experiences that rise to the high aesthetic standards that Crystal Dynamics is known for.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with designers, artists, and producers to identify audio needs
- Work with creative directors and Sr. Sound Designer to create work that adheres to a project’s audio style and standards
- Work independently to complete assigned projects on-time with limited supervision
- Participate in field and studio recording for audio assets
- Create, implement, synchronize, and tune sound effects in a wide variety of characters, creatures, objects, and vehicles.
- Implement and tune animation-based as well as physics and particle-based sound events.
- Ownership over a subset of the project (e.g., UI, Character, Environmental)
- Work closely with assigned strike team and represent the audio team in that work.
- Script interactive music and ambience throughout the game environment.
- Help improve internal tools, process, and communication.
- Work with external sound designers as necessary
- 2+ years industry or related experience with audio (ex. sound design, music).
- Knowledge in video games and/or cutting-edge media and entertainment.
- Understanding of current console generation and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- A good ear and a passion for quality audio.
- Demonstrate understanding of audio processes and techniques with a proven ability to establish or work within a given style
- Strong command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task
- The ability to work with a wide variety of ever changing and evolving tools and responsibilities.
- Previous experience with scripting and the technical ins and outs of audio integration.
- Proficient in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Comfortable with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a level of proficiency in at least one DAW
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to collaborate as a team member working towards common goals
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities
Company: Sony Creative Arts Music
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2022.Music Production Intern San Mateo, CA
The Music Production Intern will support key members of the Creative Arts Music department while working with video game development teams, composers, orchestrators, and external audio production facilities. The internship offers an opportunity to learn about music production for video games, including interactive system design, asset creation, implementation, live production, and project management.Responsibilities:
- Music Editing: Create in-game assets by editing multitrack and stereo audio files that correlate to the project's stylistic needs.
- Music Implementation: Prepare and implement music files for in-game use.
- Bug tracking and Testing: Test and verify or report bugs and related communication with the QA and dev team.
- Music Production Support: Assist music leads in preparing material for recording sessions, including proofing scores and audio sessions.
- Current or post-graduate (up to 1 year) student
- Proficient knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations and software, especially Pro Tools.
- Exposure and some knowledge of audio middleware and implementation tools (e.g., Wwise).
- Excellent communication, time-management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently both on-premises and remotely.
- Familiar with database and spreadsheet organization.
- Desire to build, collaborate and develop strong and positive team relationships.
- Passion for video games and game audio.
Company: One More Game
One More Game is an early-stage, venture-funded game company that supports flexible working schedules and fully-remote work. We believe creating outstanding games has more to do with building an extraordinary team than any other factor.
Our development philosophy is focused on sustaining developer happiness, maximizing iteration speed, and learning from player feedback. We know from experience it is sensible to ship games without crunch-time and have done so successfully.
Our team is comprised of veteran developers with key contributions to the development of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, Guild Wars and Magic: Arena. We seek team members who are enjoyable to work with and who will enhance our efforts, as we believe creating great games is a group endeavor made better with trust between teammates.
We aim to build games that will be cultural touchstones, the measure by which other games are judged. We seek remarkable people to join our team, and offer a comprehensive compensation package.
About the Role
As a Senior Sound Designer, you're the champion of joining visuals with audio to instill our games with emotional resonance that keeps players remembering the sounds of our digital battlefields for years. You'll work with our designers and artists to make our worlds more immersive, and create audio cues to make our games more intuitive and easier for players to use.
You are a creative contributor who enjoys developing original work on your own as well as collaborating with others. You are both creative and technical, with an understanding that implementation and mixing both play a crucial role in the overall quality of the audio experience.
You have a refined audio aesthetic; have a keen ear for detail and nuance; and a diverse portfolio of outstanding content to prove it. Your relentless pursuit to advance the art and science of game audio means you are always finding ways to improve your workflow and pipeline to ensure you and the team are equipped with the best tools possible to deliver standout experiences for players.
In addition to being a consummate craftsperson, you're an expert user of FMOD and bringing audio into Unity games.
Whether you have game industry experience or not, we encourage you to let us know you are interested in a role at One More Game.
We are a fully-remote company with no physical office and provide flexible days/hours. We have a preference for candidates within several hours of the Pacific Time zone to make meetings more convenient, as many of us are near Seattle.
We invite you to apply, and ask that you include your resume, cover letter and any other information you think represents your abilities. Any information you send will be used only for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy.
Company: Facebook Sound Design
Location: Menlo Park/Fremont, CA, US
Facebook Sound Design is looking for an experienced Sound Design Manager to join our award-winning team. The role has a strong focus on people-management, team building, and tactical decision making. It also allows for hands-on sound design, implementation, and production work, and features a long runway for innovation, creativity, and strategic thinking.Sound Design Manager Responsibilities
- Support a growing team of Sound Designers, focusing on team engagement and fulfillment, facilitating career growth, and creating a supportive atmosphere of innovation, excellence, and execution
- Work with Sound Design Director and Creative Operations to establish, encourage, and enforce best practices across the team
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on support and accountability, in collaboration with the Sound Design Team leadership
- Help manage resources and headcount against a wide, varied, and fast-evolving portfolio of projects
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, and Product Management in teams across Facebook to incorporate innovative audio experiences into our family of products
- Advocate for the role and value of sound across Facebook and in the larger creative community
- Understand the strengths and opportunities on the current team as it grows, and recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- 5+ years of professional sound design and sound implementation experience focused on innovative, high-quality, real-time interactive products
- 3+ years experience assembling and managing teams of creative and technical experts with specialties
- Demonstrated skill with strategic decision making and tactical prioritization
- Experience in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment
- Knowledge of, and interest in, how culture and dynamics create teams
- Familiarity with studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Experience with coding or advanced scripting for complex sound implementation
- Facility with various management techniques (Agile, OKR, JTBD, etc.)