We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft San Francisco, thatgamecompany, Unity Vancouver, and Kylotonn – and they’re looking for a Technical Audio Designer (CA, US), Audio Designer (CA, US), Senior Audio Programmer (BC, Canada), and Sound Designer (France).
We also found openings for a Senior Product Designer, Music Production at Epidemic Sound (Sweden), Sound Designer at Wargaming (IL, US), Audio Programmer at Blackbird Interactive (BC, Canada), Audio Artist III at EA Tiburon (FL, US), Sound Designer at 8 Circuit Studios (Remote), Audio Podcast Intern at Rooster Teeth (TX, US), Sound Designer at Bethesda Game Studios (MD, US), Senior Sound Designer at The Chinese Room (England), Audio Engineer at Archiact (Remote, Canada), Entry Scheme at The Chinese Room (England), Music & Audio Producer at Walow (Argentina), Dialogue Editor at Netflix (CA, US), BSR Noise & Vibration Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Audio Tools SW Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Supervising Sound Designer at WM Studios (GA, US), Audio Designer at Obsidian (CA, US), and Post-Production Support Specialist at WarnerMedia (Argentina).
And be sure to check out The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities! Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Audio Director Steve Whetman takes you behind the bombastic sound for Predator: Hunting Grounds.
• Ben Gallagher on how a mastermind group can help grow your game audio career.
Company: Ubisoft San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and experienced Technical Audio Designer for a new multiplatform AAA project based in our San Francisco studio.
You will work on cutting-edge audio technology, expanding audio systems and integrating sound into gameplay to deliver exciting game experiences.You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
- Design, implement, and debug audio systems for game development in our SF Studio
- Bridge the gap between audio designers and programmers to be the go between of the two discipline
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop systems/tools to allow audio designers to further realize their artistic aural vision
- Adopt and improve the existing audio development process
- Manage audio data budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimizations
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and educating the content creators in audio best practices.
- Defining and managing loudness standards
- Proficient with Audiokinetic's Wwise
- Extensive knowledge of implementing audio in modern game engines
- Advanced knowledge of sound design, synthesis, & audio manipulation
- Knowledge of and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
- Work efficiently with a high attention to detail
- Understanding of mix engineering process and loudness standards within the industry
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 24 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
thatgamecompany is best recognized for creating award-winning, enriching, and meaningful game titles such as Journey, Flower, and flOw. Our mission is to develop timeless interactive entertainment that connects players worldwide through positive emotional experiences appealing to all ages.
Our most recent game, Sky: Children of the Light (Sky), is a social adventure built around the values inherited from a powerful humanistic story. It is a live experience continuously evolving inside a global online theme park. We are looking for a dedicated audio designer for the ever-expanding world of Sky. This role creates and implements sound effects meeting technical and narrative requirements for Sky with our in-house audio, art, and design teams. From epic cinematics to subtle animation sound, all of the acoustic pieces are essential parts of immersion and player experience. Magic is waiting to happen with your imagination and creativity!Must haves:
- 2-5 years of experience of working as professional audio in cross-platform and multiplayer game development
- Deep experience with at least one of common digital audio workstation (Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Studio One, Live, Reaper, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, etc.)
- Extensive experience with virtual audio plug-ins and digital audio hardwares
- Experience in recording and editing of foley and/or dialogue
- Deep understanding of at least one of common audio sample editors (Sound Forge, Audition, Audacity, WaveLab, RX, etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one of common audio middleware (Fmod is preferred, or Wwise, Miles, ADX, Fabric, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills for assigned tasks and the ability to handle large workloads efficiently
- Flexibility and willingness to incorporate feedback into multiple iterations to achieve highest-quality results
- Possessing strong communication and collaboration skills
- Believes in thatgamecompany’s mission and vision
- A passion for Sky: Children of the Light as an experienced player
- Experience in mixing multi-channel audio formats
- Familiarity with at least one of common version control systems (PerForce is preferred, or GitHub, GitLab, SVN, etc.)
- Background in audio design, audio technology, audio production, music composition, interactive entertainment, computer science or acoustic engineering
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Excellent Mac skills and collaboration experience of cloud workspace like Favro and Jira
Company: Unity Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Are you interested in crafting world class, groundbreaking, interactive audio experiences on a large scale? If so, we are looking for a hardworking senior audio programmer to work in a highly qualified multi-functional team on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader of their field who is passionate about live-events, sound, gaming, and community building. Someone who will help us deliver breathtaking audio content to market.
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of a creative direction and working first version alongside hard working colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will work with the leadership team to define the vision of what the audio experience can become. This will include pushing the boundaries of what is possible using Unity and real-time 3D!What you'll be doing
- Research and experimenting with groundbreaking technologies, pioneering new techniques to match the constantly evolving demands of ours clients and the industry
- Crafting, implementing, and debugging audio systems for game development
- Develop and improve audio integration while supporting the team in their day-to-day job functions.
- Collaborate to develop systems/tools to allow audio designs to realize ambitious artistic goals.
- Responsible for documenting audio systems and defining audio standard methodologies.
- Proven engineering/programming background in C#
- Experience developing with Unity at a high level as well as intermediate skill with C# or another programming language.
- Experience developing audio systems
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as an audio or core engineer
- Production experience with developing headset AR/VR applications
- Console and PC development or equivalent experience (PS4, Xbox One, steam etc.)
- Experience with DSP and audio signal analysis
- A passion for games and/or music
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Paris, France
Dans le cadre du développement de nos jeux de racing, nous recherchons un(e) Sound Designer F/H/NB. Sous la direction du Directeur Audio, vous aurez pour principales missions :
- Participer au design des éléments sonores du jeu
- Structurer la production de nos bruitages, voix et ambiances
- Participer à l'intégration des sons du jeu :
- Sons de voitures (éléments moteurs et mécaniques secondaires, surfaces et leur mix en fonction de la caméra de jeu)
- Sons d'environnements et ambiances
- Sons d'interface
- Musiques du jeu
- Dialoguer avec les programmeurs moteur pour proposer des améliorations techniques et s'assurer du respect des contraintes techniques et de performances
- Profiler les ressources audio intégrées afin de s'assurer de la cohérence du mix et procéder aux tests et debug de l'audio
- Etre critique sur le pipeline d'intégration des sons et les outils utilisés
- Un minimum de 3 ans d'expérience dans le sound design de jeu vidéo
- Une expertise dans les sons de moteur est essentielle
- Vous avez déjà produit un jeu et disposez d'une bonne connaissance moteur (idéalement AAA)
- Une bonne connaissance du fonctionnement mécanique d'une voiture est un plus déterminant
- Expérience de travail avec des outils d'implémentation audio commerciaux ou propriétaires, en particulier Fmod
- Bonne connaissance de l'équipement audio hardware et des techniques d'enregistrement
- Autonomie et bonne capacité d'organisation
- Bonne communication, aptitude à travailler en équipe de manière itérative
- Rigoureux, vous êtes créatif, analytique, et ouvert aux nouvelles techniques
- Maîtrise de l'anglais
- Vous êtes passionné par les jeux vidéo, en particulier les jeux de racing
Poste basé à Paris ou à Lyon à pourvoir dès que possible (jours en télétravail possibles)
Avantages : tickets restaurant, prime vacances, actions gratuites, matériel gaming à des tarifs avantageux, paniers de fruits, prise en charge à 50 % des abonnements de transport et de la mutuelle, aide à la mobilité, etc..
Ce poste est ouvert aux personnes ayant la reconnaissance de travailleurs handicapés.A fournir
CV, lettre de motivation, références, site Web (si applicable)