We came across interesting jobs at Epic Games, CD Projekt Red, King, and PopCap – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer, Sound Designer, and a Technical Sound Designer.
Bonus: We also found other opportunities for a Trainee Sound Assistant at Fonic, a Sound Designer at model train maker Märklin (details in German), and an Audio Producer at Guardian News & Media. Happy job hunting!
Company: Epic Games
Location: Cary, NC, USA
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for an expert in sound design and in-game implementation to join our team creating world-class audio for Fortnite (www.fortnite.com) and the Unreal Engine (www.unrealengine.com). You will contribute to all projects, switching fluidly, and have strong teamwork, organization, and communication skills while maintaining Epic standards.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Troubleshooting audio issues, optimizing to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms
• Having the vision to create the best sound design for games in the industry
• Raising the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies
• Engaging with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences
• Pushing the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the following qualifications:
• Extensive audio engineering and DAW skills and knowledge
• Vast knowledge of modern sound design techniques and tools
• Strong self-management and organization skills and ability to work independently
• Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors
• Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into game build
• Shipped at least two AAA titles and have 3 years as part of audio team
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
This is going to be Epic!
Company: CD Projekt Red
Location: Warsow, Poland
The Sound Designer’s primary purpose is to aid the team in all audio content creation and implementation for our games. Sound Design/Implementation skills and expert knowledge of Wwise are required.
Daily Responsibilities in a Nutshell:
• Creating sound effects and audio assets utilizing pre-recorded Sound Library materials as well as audio synthesis, location recording, and Foley recording.
• Integrating audio content into the game using Wwise, scripting, and other in-house tools and software.
• Working closely with other teams to ensure created audio contributes to and enhances the gameplay and game narrative.
• Help construct and maintain the in-house sound effects library, adhering to set conventions.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Min 3 years experience with significant project contribution as a Sound Designer(or similar), completing at least one full game development cycle on a shipped game.
• Experienced at integrating audio, using Wwise, Fmod or similar middleware.
• Great sound design skills, showing creative flare and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Strong knowledge of audio editing tools such as Sound Forge, Reaper, Waves and iZotope plugins.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn new in-house audio tools and software for content integration.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently without constant direct supervision.
• Passionate about audio in games.
• Fluent in English.
We Offer You:
• A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
• A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
• Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
• From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
• A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
• Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Sound Designers should enclose a demo reel to their application.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
We are looking for an accomplished Audio Director to lead our Audio Team and the Audio function in King who can make an immediate impact and contribution to all aspects of audio development in King. The ideal candidate will have significant expertise in audio design and production, including sound design, music composition and voice production. They should all also be highly skilled at managing, developing and mentoring Audio staff and leading a global Audio function in mobile and/or AAA gaming.
Your Role within our Kingdom
- Evangelise the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience across King studios
- Work as part of franchise IP groups to define the audio vision.
- Ensure best work practices are defined and implemented.
- Oversee the process and implementation of audio assets and assist in developing integration tools.
- Act as an expert in proprietary pipelines and integration processes.
- Work with the Audio team to facilitate external audio vendors, and setup production contracts, budgets and schedules.
- Manage and mentor the King Audio team, including professional development.
- Plan, prioritize and schedule workload.
- Lead Audio team recruitment and interviews.
- Supervise and maintain the highest level of quality for all audio assets.
- Contribute to the design and production of sound effects and music when needed.
- Produce and direct VO sessions
- Innovate and adapt to drive new Audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the audio function.
- Work with the Audio team to define an effective audio style and execution across projects.
- Work with the relevant teams to deliver improvements in audio technology in use in King to expand the audio team’s capabilities and to create the best experience for players.
- Proactively identify and define ways to improve the audio experience across a growing spectrum of features.
- Work with the audio team and across disciplines to clearly define and articulate goals.
- Lead by example and provide both motivation and inspiration to other team members.
- Travel frequently between King sites.
- Skills To Create Thrills
- Experience in a director level role proven leadership and mentoring skills.
- Expertise and understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice over, music, and audio system technology.
- Knowledge of game engine technology and audio middleware solutions.
- Skilled in effective communication across all disciplines and departments.
- A passion and deep understanding of the impact and role that audio plays in the overall player experience.
- Experienced creating sound design and musical composition for a broad range of genres
- Adept at interacting and responding to the feedback of game teams and players.
- A passion for creating casual and mid-core mobile games that appeal to a broad audience.
- Experience producing audio for ads, trailers and other media formats.
- Ability to develop relationships with cross-discipline team members and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive input.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Comprehensive relocation package
- People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
- Want to join our Kingdom? Application needs to be in English. Apply now!
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
EA Seattle is looking for a Technical Sound Designer to join our successful and talented team.
As an experienced and versatile technical sound designer, you will work directly with PopCap’s audio team as well as game programmers and producers to assess and scope a projects’ audio tech requirements, and sync production plans. The position will be very hands-on technically and creatively, designing and integrating audio systems, as well as sound design and sound and music editing. Experience with the Wwise audio integration tool and Unity is a must.
• Helping to scope audio tech needs and requirements for game titles
• Asset organization and tracking
• Audio systems planning and design using Wwise and proprietary tools
• Game audio implementation
• Interactive music implementation
• SFX creation and editing
• Music editing, file conversion, and prep
• Creative and technical feedback and coverage within game builds
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Scripting ability in Python, C# etc. a plus
• Experience working in Wwise and Unity
• Experience working with audio tools in a primarily Windows environment and some tools on Mac
• Strong Sound Design skills
• Understanding of musical concepts and theory a plus
• A motivated self-starter with highly developed organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge and experience with game audio systems and tools
• Strong creative and aesthetic design sensibilities with regards to sound and music
• The ability to apply creative solutions to the production process, improving function and efficiency.
• Proven ability to work with multiple teams, with strong communication skills
• Asset management and database experience
• Passionate about games, and game audio, particularly as it pertains to the emerging casual/social space
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day. Our EA Seattle location features fantastic amenities and easy access to everything the metropolis of Seattle offers, and wonderful Washington State is a nature lover’s paradise. More about our location: www.ea.com/studios/popcap
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we’re looking for the most talented and creative game developers in the world to help us become the world’s #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. As EA’s first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, FIFA, Madden NFL Mobile, NBA, Real Racing, SimCity, The Sims FreePlay, and Plants vs. Zombies. Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what makes us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world.
Full time or temporary
We offer a job to experienced or young talented cutscene artists that can create a connection between the game and the players, for various games on different platforms: mainly PC (Win, Mac, Linux), XBOX and PS4, but also iOS, Android and Nintendo.
We just started with the pre-production activities on our new 3rd person action/adventure game, primarily targeted for PS4 and XBO. Our development team is now expanding and we invite you to join us!
Different responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• Create in-game cinematics
• Live-action cutscenes
• Pre-renderes cutscenes
• Real time cutscenes
• Interactive cutscenes QTE
• Unity3D Cinamchine and Timeline editing
• Lighting and illumination
• SFX and Partice effects
• Teasers and trailers
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
»Nice to have« requirements:
• Passion for playing and making video games
• Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
• Good work habits
• Fast learner and a team player
• Experience with Unity3D
• Experience with Cinemachine and Timeline
• Experience with 3D modeling and animation
• Experience with Lighting and illumination
• Experience with video editing
• Sketching / storyboarding