We came across 4 interesting jobs at Facebook, Lionel LLC, the Marjan Television Network Ltd, and an undisclosed game developer – and they’re looking for a Music Coordinator, Audio Engineer, VR Audio Manager, and Studio Sound Operator.
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Music Editor at the National Football League, Senior Sound Designer at TechNET Digital, Senior Audio Designer at Remedy Entertainment, and a Senior Sound Designer at Naughty Dog. Happy job hunting!
Location: Menlo Park, CA, USA
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
The Music Coordinator will assist the Music Development Manager with day-to-day administration, communications, and events within the Sound Design music program.
• Work closely with the Music Development Manager, Artist Coordinators, and internal and external Artists to help facilitate receipt of all new approved music documentation
• Enter new music & artist entries into all DAM’s, and follow up with all composers to receive data needed for ingestion
• Work closely with all Artists, Mixers, Technical Operations Manager and Audio Librarian to help get all music files signed off and available for use quickly and consistently
• Act as liaison and assist in communications between Audio Librarian, Music Placement Coordinator, and FB/external teams for collecting usage/project data as needed
• Work closely with the Artist Coordinators, Purchasing, and Legal to aid in new supplier procurement, prep new artist contracts, and assist in contract renewals for artists
• Assist the Music Development Manager and music team with production recaps, tracking music usage, artist budget reports, DAM’s content analysis, and other administration as needed
• Work with the Music Development Manager and Sound Design Director on special projects to promote awareness and appreciation of music within FB, as well as artist appreciation communications & events
• Interpersonal and communication experience
• Experience communicating and working with artists and creatives
• Strong computer skills (Including MS Outlook, Airtable, Word, Excel, Quip, Dropbox, Quickbase and Cortex).
• 3+ years of administrative experience in an arts/music organization.
• Extensive music knowledge.
Company: Lionel LLC
Location: Concord, NC, USA
Lionel is currently seeking candidates for our Audio Engineering opportunity. Working in the Engineering Department at Lionel can be described as one of the best jobs in the world. Not only does a typical day involve design, code, prototype, and testing toy trains, we get to play with them too!
Even though Lionel was founded in 1900, the company operates much like a 21st-century start-up. Projects come with tight deadlines, changes need to be made on the fly, and supporting the production team is sometimes a task that requires middle of the night phone calls. It is not at all uncommon to be juggling multiple projects at once, or even doing work outside of the Engineering Department’s typical responsibilities!
This position will be tasked with production audio work and new sound project development! We’re constantly pushing the limits of technology in toy trains, and the engineering challenges are far more complex than most everyone can imagine. Working with other Engineers to create tomorrow’s new tech is the norm here. If this sounds like a dream to you, don’t hesitate to apply. We’re not looking for perfection, only the drive to learn and succeed at a very unique and fun career!
• Create new audio files and sound playing algorithms as needed to meet the Product Specifications. Write configuration text files and compile final sound sets for production using proprietary and commercial development tools.
• Modify/re-use existing audio files to meet the Product Specifications and implement features on time for production schedules
• Cast voice talent and write their scripted dialog with input from the Product team. Arrange for recording and edit the resulting dialog for use in final products.
• Test engineering prototype sample of the final product for functionality and subjective sound quality.
• Support the Manufacturing Department by writing or modifying sound control code related to the product’s audio system.
• Maintain a database of audio files and code associated with the hardware
• Support Project Management department with development of product specifications and product manuals
• Interface with hardware/software design and development
• Proven experience working in interactive sound design and implementation.
• BS degree or higher in Audio Engineering or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years’ experience in related audio work.
• Lionel LLC is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA/m/f/vets/disabled
No recruiters or phone calls, please!
Company: Undisclosed / OPM Response
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
OPM are delighted to be working with one of the world’s largest development studios that is dedicated to developing state of the art VR and AR games. They are looking for a talented Audio Manager to lead the audio production of all Virtual Reality projects in the studio, both internally and with outsourcing partners. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the sound effects and music of their games and experiences are among the best in the VR and video games markets.
• Test and selection of outsourcing partners, as well as communication and supervision during the outsourcing process
• Shaping, communicating and guarding the audio direction for the games and projects
• Reviewing audio deliverables, ensuring the overall creative vision, aural quality, and technical requirements
• Hands-on audio design, engineering and integration
• Extensive experience as an audio designer and engineer for video games with at least on successfully shipped title to your name, a VR game will be an added bonus but not essential
• Experience with management of external production of sound effects, music, and voice recording
• Technical audio skills and a solid understanding of game development pipelines
• Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and Wwise
• A creative individual who strives to have a real impact on the quality of great games and experiences
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
Company: Marjan Television Network Ltd
Location: London, UK
Manoto TV is a UK based channel, producing and broadcasting content for Farsi-speaking viewers in the UK, Middle East and Europe. Manoto TV pushes the boundaries with energising, entertaining and thought provoking programming. Since our launch in 2010, Manoto TV has become a cultural phenomenon; from fascinating documentaries to “must see” prime time entertainment shows, never before has a Middle Eastern audience had access to such a broad range of material.
Overall Purpose of Job:
Mixing sound requirements for Live and Recorded multi-camera studio programmes
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Operate Studer Desk
• Mixing live and pre-recorded daily/weekly shows
• Monitor audio signals to detect sound-quality deviations or malfunctions
• Operate and update Spot-On
• Patching necessary connections to studio wallbox; assigning feeds
• Micing up presenters, contributors and guests
• Mixing small bands and performances with backing tracks
• Maintaining and repairing sound equipment
• Setting up and operating live links , skype, live calls
• Consulting with producers and performers to determine sound requirements
• At least 3 years experience in a live studio environment
• Ability to perform under the pressure of a live studio environment
• Excellent attention to detail and good communication skills
• Problem solving within tight deadlines