We came across interesting new jobs at Blackburne Software, Creoir LTD, Polyarc, and Marvel New Media – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Turkey), Audio Engineer (Finland), Principal Audio Designer (Remote/WA, US), and Audio Producer (NY, US).
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Temp Post-Production Audio Artist at EA Madrid (Spain), Senior Sound Designer at Deep Silver Dambuster (England), Technical Sound Designer at Sony (CA, US), Sound Engineer at Cubic Corporation (FL, US), Temp Audio Engineer at Genuent (CA, US), Sound Designer at Argo Aviation GmbH (Germany), Sound Designer at Tango Gameworks (Japan), Sound Designer at CD Project Red (Poland), Audio Producer at Boston Globe Media (MA, US), Audio Producer at EF Education First (SH, China), Music Supervisor/Audio Producer at Big Sync Music (Singapore), Project Sound Designer at Rovo Studios (CA, US), AR/VR Sound Designer at Mackin (WA, US), Sound Engineer at Gentle Ink Studios LLC (NY, US), and Audio Editor at At Will Media (NY, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Here’s why The Queen’s Gambit is so satisfying from a sound perspective. Interested in game audio? Don’t miss this excellent interview with EA DICE’s seasoned Audio Director Ben Minto. Hear about the benefits of mixing a music-dominant soundtrack of Ratched in Dolby Atmos, defining spaces with reverb, designing mind-altered states using various editing and mixing techniques & much more. Land more great SFX deals in the Early Black Friday sale. Meet Featured Sound Creator Mindful Audio and hear their stunning nature recordings. Find out how Foley sound is done for reality game shows with this interesting interview by Insider with Emmy-winning Foley Artist Monique Reymond.
Company: Blackburne Software
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
As a sound designer at Blackburne, you will use your technical and creative skills to create audio assets for our projects.
What We’re Looking For:
• A junior game audio sound designer with an understanding of game audio experiences with good knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
• A foundation Sound Design skills that show promise in the areas of field/studio recording, sound editing, and sound designing.
Previous experience in a game engine and familiarity with game development concepts.
• Passionate about game audio; should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
• Excitement about learning and building game audio skills.
Music skills are good to have, as we have opportunities to create music for emotes and in-game events.
• Knowledge about implementing audio in game audio middleware or native systems.
• Experience with scripting languages and methods.
Company: Creoir LTD
Location: Oulu, Finland
We are looking to strengthen our Audio and R&D team supporting our clients in bringing innovative audio and voice-enabled products to market. We would like YOU to join our journey in the voice revolution! At Creoir, you will be part of an experienced team who are designing and integrating audio solutions and far-field voice recognition to different products and services. Your responsibility is audio/acoustics design, verification and optimization in customer projects using Creoir Offline Voice Solution or Amazon Alexa Voice Service. You will be working closely with our Audio, Mechanics, HW and SW specialists.
We are looking for a person who is passionate to work with audio and is eager to learn more. With us you will learn how to design far-field microphone arrays and what it means to get them to work in different kind of noise environments through signal processing.
- You have a B.Eng or M.Sc in a field of electrical engineering / digital signal processing / acoustics / information technology
- You have experience on audio/acoustics design and understanding on speaker elements, audio amplifiers and microphones
- You have done some sort of cool stuff around audio e.g. built own home speakers or car HiFi systems, created audio related SW parts or tweaked audio signal processing for PC or embedded systems
- You express yourself fluently in English and you have a passion to learn new things
- Working with new and innovative technologies and products, and possibility to learn more about audio and voice technologies
- Nice working atmosphere with experienced and easy-going colleagues
- Competitive compensation and employee health coverage
If all of the above sounds like a dream job for you, please send your CV and/or link to your LinkedIn profile to antti.lilja(at)creoir.com by 12th of December, 2020. In case you need further information, please contact our CEO Antti Lilja (tel +358 40 5795208).
Location: Remote/Seattle, WA, US
Polyarc is seeking a candidate with a passion for crafting compelling and imaginative player experiences, and who’s also excited to contribute to our core values of collaboration, mentorship, player value, accountability, and creative expression. At Polyarc, someone with drive and imagination will spread their wings and grow not only as an audio designer, but also a game developer.
Audio designers at Polyarc aren’t simply part of the post-production chain. We are involved early in production and represent equal creative participants in crafting the design and heart of our games. We are part designer (for communicating critical gameplay information), part technologist (for scripting, systems design, and implementation), and part artist (for elevating the emotional tone of a scene through sound effects).
- Work in partnership with the Audio Director to create the game’s sound design aesthetic and systems.
- Create and implement sound effects for all areas of the game using Unreal Engine Blueprints and Wwise.
- Source original recordings through field recording, synthesis, and library acquisition.
- Research new production techniques and circulate them among the audio team.
- Edit and implement music if needed.
- Work with all disciplines to bring audio needs to the surface.
- Collaborate with the Audio Director on game mix.
- Provide sound design for linear media including trailers and other marketing requests.
- Seek out and integrate feedback from all disciplines and team members.
- Thoroughly test all audio.
- A passionate interest in game creation.
- Professional game audio experience with multiple shipped products .
- Established track record of exceptional sound design.
- Excellent collaborator willing to provide and accept player-focused feedback and solutions.
- Demonstrable skill designing and implementing sound in all game systems.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area.
Company: Marvel New Media
Location: New York, NY, US
Marvel New Media exists to amplify all that Marvel is and to help evolve it into all else it can be. Today that consists of three revenue-generating segments in digital advertising, subscriptions and new media productions and a portfolio of direct-to-consumer marketing services to support the rest of Marvel lines of business (studios, TV/animation, games, licensing, publishing, etc.)
Inside the New Media productions segment is a team of leading audio content creators that have helped Marvel blaze trails in the world of podcasting and premium fiction audio storytelling. We are seeking an Audio Producer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its podcast, studio, field, and live event business. This New York-based production team is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms as well as strategic distribution partners. The ideal candidate is a curious, hard-working team player who loves digital and audio content and innovation.
- Will work directly with multiple lines of business to support company goals
- Will collaborate with the team to determine the editorial content of multiple podcast series, both original content and content that supports other Marvel lines of business
- Will oversee an Assistant Audio Producer on day-to-day operations
- Will maintain the budgets of multiple podcast series
- Will produce live events and panels at various conferences across the country
- Will consult on the maintenance of in-house creative space
- Will train and work with hosts and producers with research and interview prep, often on short notice
- Will source and train external freelance support, tape-syncers, etc.
- Will oversee recordings in studio and in the field – travel outside of NYC is likely
- Will oversee the coordination, uploading and publishing of completed podcast episodes
- This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the growth, operation, and consistent quality of multiple podcast series, both non-fiction and narrative based
- 5 years of audio industry experience
- Proven track record of building and growing successful podcasts
- Experience maintaining budgets
- Strong understanding of narrative storytelling for both fiction and non-fiction
- Mastery of Pro Tools, iZotope software, and studio, field and post-production audio work
- Strong communication skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while remaining composed and productive
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative, team setting
- Basic to strong knowledge of the Marvel brand and its characters
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels of production
- A fan of Marvel, and lover of comics is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (Music/TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.