We came across interesting new jobs at Singularity 6, Guerilla, Cloud Imperium Games, and Psyonix – and they’re looking for a Technical Sound Designer (CA, US), Senior Audio Producer (Netherlands), Senior Sound Designer (England), and Senior Audio Programmer (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Technical Audio Artist at EA DICE (CA, US), Contract Audio Designer at EA DICE (CA, US), Virtual Instrument Sound Designer at Universal Audio (CA, US),
Sound Designer at Liquid Pug (Belarus), Senior Composer at Blizzard (CA, US), Audio Fidelity Engineer at Xperi Corporation (Remote/CA), Audio Engineer at Tesla (CA, US), and Audio Editor at At Will Media (NY, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for
a Trainee Sound Designer at Creative Assembly (England), Audio Tester Intern at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Audio Software Testers at P & C Recruiters (England), Sound Designer / Sound Engineer at Soho Square Studios (England), and Voice Designer at Eidos-Montréal (QC, Canada). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Huge SFX Community Summer Sale, more podcasts that feature Black composers and audio engineers who have led amazing careers, a horror sound design workshop by Chase Steele (which also gets you 15 free SFX), and a video featuring Ben Burtt and his iconic work on Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
Company: Singularity 6
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
We’re a game development studio based in Los Angeles, dedicated to the idea that online games can deliver deeper, more meaningful experiences. We’re looking for a talented Technical Sound Designer or Senior Technical Sound Designer with a keen attention to detail and a passion for audio systems, to help our first game to life.
Expectations & Responsibilities
• Build and manage a variety of audio systems, that will scale alongside our in-game systems
• Design and implement sound effects
• Implement all music
• 3+ years of games industry experience working as a Technical Sound Designer (mid level or senior)
• Professional experience working in Unreal 4
• Experience with Wwise
• Effective at working in cross discipline teams to achieve a shared mission
• Motivated by creating great games & a passionate gamer on your own time
• Legally authorized to work in the US
• Experience working with audio outsourcing
• Portfolio showcasing technical ability
• Basic experience programming in C++
• Base Salary, Health Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k Matching), and Equity
• Relocation Assistance
With our first project, we’re exploring new styles of game design and tackling difficult technical problems to create a game that’s beautiful and intricate, delivering far more than superficial entertainment or basic wish fulfillment, an experience that becomes a meaningful part of your life. Our vision is to create a compelling virtual universe filled with rich and diverse gameplay experiences and social interactions that will keep you playing for years, evolving along with you and the rest of the community. We want our players to feel valued as well as a true sense of belonging.
Sounds ambitious? We think so, too. If you’re interested in the challenge of building a new genre, in making rewarding interactive & community experiences filled with amazing art and world class technology to support this living world, join us on the journey.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Please feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: Singularity 6 does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our careers alias, or any Singularity 6 employee. Singularity 6 will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
“Connect all developers, engage in problem solving and help us to ship the best games possible!“
OUR PRODUCTION TEAM
Our producers are the heart of the studio and ensure all Guerrillas work in sync to deliver the best results within the most ideal timeframe. As a Senior Audio Producer you will be an integral part of the audio team, constantly looking for opportunities to improve efficiency, introduce new ideas and evolve our production techniques.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Senior Audio Producer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring Audio projects run as smoothly and efficiently as possible, from concept to completion on time, while working with limited supervision and using your own independent judgement outside of existing procedures when necessary;
- Managing all stakeholders and dependencies in the projects, dealing with a large number of different teams (and different dynamics);
- Maintaining project schedules and status reports, dealing with possible risks and inevitable changes/alterations to original planning before they impact the schedule or overall end result;
- Evaluate cross-discipline development pipelines to present well researched improvement ideas to leads;
- Efficient scheduling and running of meetings, assessing all prior requirements and ensuring goals are clear and followed up on;
- Contribute ideas openly and regularly for improvements to our studio practices at Guerrilla;
- Mentoring of junior producers;
- Manage large scale outsourcing processes for external audio production groups.;
- Facilitate contract, invoices and budgets for sound and music production.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 6 or more years of experience in games as an (Audio) Producer or Project Manager, working with complex cross disciplinary teams;
- Thrive on opportunities to engage in high pressure problem solving;
- Are capable of reading between the lines to clearly identify the most critical points in development discussions;
- Enjoy taking a large numbers of variables, boiling them down to a clear and driven message with achievable goals;
- Understand the processes of game audio production and related fields;
- Have experienced all stages of AAA development from concept to release as an Audio Producer.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply before August 1st, 2020 by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and Cover Letter. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Riem Halawani (Talent Acquisition Business Partner) through email@example.com .
Company: Cloud Imperium Games
Location: Wilmslow, UK
Cloud Imperium Games are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join the audio team working in-house at our studio in Wilmslow, UK. As part of the team you will record, design and implement audio for our Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games in a cooperative cross disciplinary environment.
You will need strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware and a wealth of industry experience with at least three AAA titles under your belt. The successful applicant will be required to adapt and adjust to different development tools, as we’re constantly developing new audio tech. Our project is extremely complex in nature so you will be expected to contribute to the progress of systems and tools that allow nuanced, articulate sound to bring life to our games via efficient workflow.
As a Senior Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you’ll also have some responsibility for mentoring and training juniors, and for defining and communicating how best to do what we do in CIG Audio.
In depth experience in working on MMO, FPS and Flight/Vehicle titles will prove useful, and a love of science fiction always helps! Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work individually and with the team to achieve world class sound design and implementation in all areas of the project. (In-game and promotional linear material).
- Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs.
- Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better.
- Responsive to feedback from peers on the team. We should be able to criticise and constructively feedback on each other’s work.
- Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge.
- Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 the best experience possible.
- Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to obtain the materials we need to ensure standards are met.
- Some music and dialogue implementation may be required.
- Help to outline, organise and run SFX recording sessions.
- 5+ years in the industry.
- Shipped at least 3+ AAA Titles.
- Solid experience in audio tools such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Soundforge and Izotope RX.
- Working knowledge of audio middleware and/or proprietary tech – e.g. Audiokinetic Wwise
- Working knowledge of game engines – e.g. CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unity and Unreal.
- Working knowledge general game tools – e.g. source control tools (Perforce ideally)
- Proven experience in using game engines to implement and work with audio.
- A genuine passion for games and be invested in the latest developments within game audio.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of aspects of audio and achieve great results.
- Understanding of engineering VS creative trade-offs in game audio
- Be open and responsive to creative, critical and constructive feedback from peers.
- A show-reel of relevant game-centric audio work.
- Experience with music composition, editorial and implementation.
- Experience with the likes of Max MSP/PD, Kyma, similar non-linear audio software.
- This is not a Junior position, so please only apply if you feel you meet the senior criteria.
- This is not a music composer position. Although some music composition skills can be beneficial, we outsource most of our music requirements to our long-term and dedicated music composer vendors.
- Please ensure your demo reel effectively displays your game-centric sound design as well as your linear sound design skills.
- Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
- Please click the link to apply
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a talented Sr Audio Programmer that is passionate about game sound and music. You will not only play a critical role in building systems and tools that directly support Psyonix’s audio team, but those tools will inevitably ship as part of the Unreal Engine for use by its licensees. This job is an exciting opportunity to work within the Psyonix audio team as well as Epic’s Audio Engine Team as a whole, blazing a pathway into the future with innovations and making the soundscape of our games the best it can be.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement new audio features and tools for Psyonix internal projects
- Work closely with technical sound designers to support and extend audio workflows and pipelines
- Help audio designers in their use of engine/editor tools adding quality of life features as needed
- Maintain understanding of all Psyonix projects to drive memory and performance optimizations for audio
- Work with the audio team to track down and resolve gameplay-related audio bugs and performance issues
- Write clear, maintainable, and functional code
- Profile and tune code to meet performance standards
- Test and document your work
- Minimum of 5+ years professional audio programming experience working on the game engine code
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Knowledge of the Unreal 4 pipelines and framework
- Experience with digital signal processing, including effects, synthesis, granulation
- Experience building features for audio designers in the game industry
- Passionate about game audio and excited for video games
- Familiarity with spatial audio solutions (i.e. Google Resonance, Oculus Audio, etc.)
- Background in sound design or another audio related field