We came across interesting new jobs at Amazon Games, City State Entertainment, Stardock, and Fisher-Price – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (CA, US), Contract Sound Engineer/Designer (WA, US), Gameplay Audio Software Engineer (MI, US), and Sound Engineer (NY, US).
We also found openings for a Dialogue Supervisor at Microsoft (WA, US), Dialogue Coordinator at PlayStation Europe (England), Sound Designer II (Legends of Runterra at Riot Games (CA, US), Game Producer, Voice Over (Diablo IV) at Blizzard (CA, US), Associate Music Supervisor, Ubisoft Music (F/H) at Ubisoft Music (France), Software Engineer (Temporary) – Music at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Sound Designer at Scopely (CA, US), and Sound Designer at Tonik Studio (Germany), Sound Designer at Akorbi (CA, U), Sound Designer at ICONMA (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Wild Sheep (France), C++ Audio Developer at Elias (Sweden), Audio Tools Programmer at Frontier (England), Technical Audio Designer at Splash Damage (England), and Podcast Editor at FRQNCY Media (Remote).
Highlight – sound stories this week: Shannon Mills & Nia Hansen take you behind the sound for Disney’s Raya and the Last Dragon. 37 new sound effects libraries of magic, gore, classic vintage synths, roaring vehicles, ambiences from Australia, UK and Russia and more!
Company: Amazon Games
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Have you ever dreamed of making huge creature sounds, powerful magic spells, and clashing battles with hundreds of players? What about bringing a dynamic open world to life with music and detailed ambiences?
Amazon Games is looking for a Sound Designer to join our New World team in Sunny Irvine, CA. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. as a Sound Designer, you will build on the realistic and supernatural soundscape of New World and help forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
In this role, you will work with the Audio Lead to create top quality sound design and implementation. You'll work effectively, collaborating with designers, animators, visual effect artists, and programmers to create compelling audio experiences; leveraging your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities: Design and implement high quality in-game sound effects. Test all aspects of the game audio, ensuring in-game playback is flawless. Collaborate with the production team to set clear, realistic timelines. Provide well thought-out feedback that pushes the sound of New World forward.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 1+ shipped game title.
· 1+ years’ experience in a sound designer role.
· 1+ years experience recording both in the field and in the studio.
· 1+ years experience implementing audio with middleware.
· A passion for games and the role that audio plays in storytelling and player experience.
· Experience with any commercial video game engine (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity etc.)
· Experience with Wwise.
· Scripting experience in LUA, C# or any visual scripting system.
· Massive Multiplayer Online experience a plus.
· Music editing and composition experience a plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company: City State Entertainment
Location: Bothell, WA, US
City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio based in both Fairfax, Virginia and Seattle, Washington. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process of our games. The team is currently in production of Camelot Unchained, a niche, RvR old-school MMORPG and Final Stand: Ragnarok a co-op looter slasher while also building out our own engine. This is a remote position but bonus points if the applicant is located in Fairfax, VA or Seattle, WA.Job Description
City State Entertainment is looking for a Contract Sound Engineer to help design and implement sound assets for our games Camelot Unchained and Final Stand: Ragnarok.Job Responsibilities
- Create, edit, and implement game audio assets including music, sound effects and dialogue that matches the aesthetics of the game
- Oversee all audio mixing, music mixing, and sound effects
- Create and maintain audio pipelines and technologies (debugging and troubleshooting any audio issues)
- Create and implement any original audio needed: sound effects, voice effects, voiceovers, music, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to help design, create, and implement new audio tools and features
- Must have at least one shipped PC/Console title
- 3 year minimum experience working with game audio
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of game audio production and techniques
- 3 year minimum experience working with AudioKinetic Wwise
- Experience with various audio tools (Sound Forge, ProTools, Nuendo, Sound Miner, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Knowledge of game development processes
- Passion for games
- Experience with scripting and programming in C/C++
- Have your own recording/mixing studio (remote work is an option if you do)
- Already based in Fairfax or Seattle
City State Entertainment is hiring for a broad range of positions on a growing team. We have definite skill and task needs, but the eventual division of tasks within the team will depend on the eventual team members. If you’re an outstanding and talented individual whose qualifications fall halfway between two of our listings, we’d still like to hear from you. All candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work on-site at our Washington DC-area or Seattle, WA office in the U.S.A. We are an emphatically equal-opportunity employer. Successful candidates will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
Location: Plymouth, MI, US
Are you an avid gamer interested in creating awesome games? Stardock is currently seeking a talented Gameplay Audio Software Engineer to implement stunning audio experiences in cutting edge games. The ideal candidate is well versed in C++, has created games in the past, and loves strategy games. This is a salaried, full-time position at our Plymouth, Michigan office.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Integrate gameplay and animation driven foley, UI sounds, ambient and music tracks, environmental audio effects.
- Work with Wwise and supporting systems.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, programmers, and audio content creators to design, prototype, and implement new audio features.
- Extend and improve audio-related data formats and tool pipeline.
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality and troubleshoot audio-related technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant field.
- 3 years of working C++ experience, knowledge of modern C++ concepts.
- At least 3 years of experience in audio programming, preferably for games.
- Experience with principles of 3D audio, audio effects.
- Working knowledge of audio engineering required and basics of music theory is a bonus.
- Experience with Wwise or similar (FMOD, Miles, etc.) workflow.
- Familiarity with DSP and virtual analog algorithms for synthesis and effects.
If you're enthusiastic about the position and would like to tell us about it, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Gameplay Audio Software Engineer" in the subject line.
Location: East Aurora, NY, US
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Opportunity: We are seeking an energetic candidate with a strong desire to work on Fisher-Price’s expansive portfolio of Infant and Preschool Toy brands as a Sound Designer. Your primary responsibility will be to create music, sound and speech for our products' global consumption as we entertain children around the world.What Your Impact Will Be:
- Compose and arrange lyric-based songs and instrumental music for product.
- Create and implement the music, sounds and speech for multiple audio projects simultaneously.
- Creatively consult with cross-functional teams (content producers, industrial designers, artists, marketers, managers) on operation & implementation of audio in products.
- Design and edit sound effects produce/mix music, record and edit speech, develop instrument sample libraries according to design requirements and within memory constraints, quality and documentation standards, and audio IC formatting requirements.
- Obtain audio creative approvals by reviewing audio content with team. Make revisions as necessary.
- Support costing and scheduling efforts in the product development cycle.
- Prepare scripts for memory estimation and recording.
- Engineer audio for the resolution and technology used in the final product. Create documentation for programming.
- Set up recording studio. Engineer and direct recording sessions.
- Assist other Domestic and Localization Sound Designers.
- Follow department guidelines and best practices for audio development, documentation, and file archival.
- Participate in production of audio promotional materials for sales and marketing functions.
- Strong knowledge of DAWs in a Post-Production environment across multiple platforms
- Ability to write in different musical styles and genres (Latin, rock, pop, classical, world, etc).
- Knowledge and background with at least one piece of MIDI sequencer software a plus
- Strong organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Sound design, recording engineering, music theory, composition and performance skills.
- Familiarity with hardware & software music synthesizers.
- Experience with lyric writing is helpful.
- Experience writing children’s songs or working with children is helpful
- Experience working with external studios/editorial teams
- Degree or certification in an audio program or comparable related experience
- An innovative mindset to envision the possibilities and “what-ifs” with a fresh new perspective. You have a passion for innovative and disruptive ideas that create the future for Fisher-Price and Mattel. You are respectful of, yet, unburdened by legacy and existing norms.
- Communication skills to convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences. You communicate clearly, concisely, and with impact, using the right formats and methods to promote a free flow of information.
- Speed and can act decisively and with a strong sense of urgency. You find ways to achieve business objectives more quickly and effectively. You are able to remove barriers to speed to make Fisher-Price and Mattel a more nimble business and organization.
- Ability to work with diverse teams across multiple time zones, effectively manage schedules while occasionally encountering a certain amount of ambiguity as they seek to gain and provide information with various internal and external partners
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to shift priorities as required to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to work and the ability to work independently.
What It’s Like To Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors
- We collaborate Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are: Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https //jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers .
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.