We came across interesting new jobs at The Sandbox Game, Black Forest Games, and Riot Music Group – and they’re looking for an Audio Designer (QC, Canada), Audio Designer (Germany), and a Music Supervisor (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Sega Europe (England), Audio Technical Designer at Crytek (Germany), Audio Developer at King (Spain), Senior Sound Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Audio Programmer at The Sandbox Game (QC, Canada), Audio Programmer at Black Forest Games (Germany), and Test Engineer at Scania (Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer, Senior Technical Audio Designer and Mid-Level Sound Designer at Team Audio (Remote), Dubbing Re-Recording Mixer at Voice and Script International (MA, India), Audio Programmer at Techland (Poland), Project Manager at Antares Audio Technologies (MA, US), Music Licensing Assistant at ESPN (CT, US), and Senior Sound Designer at Rev Rooms (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
Company: The Sandbox Game
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Step into the Metaverse and be part of the new era of gaming!
The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their own 3D gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain. We are building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and brands such as Snoop Dogg, The Walking Dead, Atari, Tony Hawk, The Smurfs, and many more.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sound Designer to join our audio team.Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design, create and deliver sound effects;
- Work with the Audio Director to help define the audio vision;
- Create audio asset lists for the objects and characters in the game;
- Edit, design, and process voice-over recordings;
- Conduct foley and field recording when needed;
- Aid setting up interactive audio system for SFX, music, and VO;
- Implement audio assets into the sound engine and manage integration structure and parameters.
- 3+ years of experience in AAA sound design, with at least one shipped title;
- Knowledge of all aspects of audio production, foley, field recording, editing, voice design, and mixing;
- Ability to self-manage and organize high-volume audio assets;
- Expert knowledge of audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod is essential;
- Being on top of the field in new technologies such as plugins, sound libraries, synthesis, ambisonics recording & mixing, and interactive sound integration;
- Advance knowledge of DAWs (i.e., Reaper, Nuendo, Protools, etc.);
- A portfolio showcasing sound design in games is required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- A passion for games.
- Music production and editing skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Multichannel mixing (5.1, 7.1, and Atmos)
- Knowledge of audio and studio equipment
- Working knowledge of Jira and/or similar tools
Company: Black Forest Games
Location: Offenburg, Germany
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.Audio Designer (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for an Audio Designer to work with us on our upcoming projectResponsibilities:
- Design, edit and implement high-quality in-game sound effects (cinematics, gameplay, UI, etc.) according to guidelines and in harmony with the whole audio landscape
- Help design, implement, and populate audio systems (incl. interactive music systems)
- Edit music for cinematics and the music system
- Assist with audio outsourcing
- Assist with polishing and bug fixing
- Assist with mixing and mastering the full game
Reporting directly to the Head of AudioRequirements:
- Proven track record of quality audio design and game implementation skills
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience with Audio Middleware (FMod, Wwise)
- Experience in sound effects production work
- Experience in music editing
- Experience with DAWs/audio creation software (e.g. Cubase, Reaper, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Creative and playful approach to working with audio and finding fresh ways of making audio shine
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering populate audio system
- Experience in recording and mixing music
- Experience in editing audio for cinematic media
- Experience with modular music systems
- Experience with Perforce
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free English & German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn, and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living across the border in Strasbourg, France, and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Company: Riot Music Group
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title, League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community, and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who enjoy pushing the boundaries in music and media.
That's where you come in.
As a Music Supervisor on the Riot Games Music Supervision team, you'll report to the Lead Music Supervisor and collaborate with artist partnership teams to help Esports teams implement their creative vision. You'll take the lead on sourcing, curating, and licensing music for live events, broadcasts, marketing/content materials, etc. and will be a central subject matter expert at Riot for music supervision and licensing. You'll collaborate with external composers, artists, and music-related talent, as well as our legal, finance, and publishing creatives, to achieve the Esports team's goals. You will help teams create impactful music moments that resonate in culture, follow brand guidelines and establish clear and cohesive music narratives across our games and Esports. Additionally, you will support the strategic growth of Riot's owned catalog while being an advocate for the Riot Games Music team and will encourage knowledge sharing and standard methodologies to ensure we are always at a high standard within the music industry and are thoughtful partners.Responsibilities:
- Bring a strategic lens to curating and pitching music for multiple product teams across the Esports pillar.
- Support teams and artists with creative production guidance on custom music tracks and foster beneficial collaborations with artists and labels.
- Identify, secure, and collaborate with music-related talent, including composers, songwriters, recording artists, musicians, orchestrators, arrangers, music producers, etc.
- Negotiate with talent representation, including legal, label, talent management, agency, business management, etc.
- Manage and/or secure legal rights of our recordings, clearances of Synchronization and Master use licenses of pre-existing music, credits, cue sheets, etc. within scheduling parameters.
- Collaborate and communicate with other professionals & support staff, i.e. marketing, publishing, game development, creative leadership, audio post-production, agencies, clients, etc.
- Determine and advise on the financial needs of projects and produce realistic budgets for all music-related costs.
- Determine the viability of creating and securing exposure or distribution of any music-related ancillary product, i.e. soundtrack, single, video, internet downloads, etc., for promotion or additional revenue streams.
- Help refine processes around tracking and managing requests, status, budget, and additional details across assigned projects.
- Track overall sync quote and license progress through issuing, signature, and receiving payment, and the conclusion of license deals with Product, Finance, and Legal Teams
- Advise timeline feasibility based on release, broadcast, campaign, or product delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the television, film, entertainment or video game field in a music licensing capacity, with experience in negotiations and agreements
- Experience driving production for creative collaborations between teams and music artists.
- Experience working in multiple genres of music.
- Have accurate knowledge of all costs associated with the delivery of music elements.
- Project management, networking, and presentation experience
- Must be highly organized and able to oversee projects simultaneously
- Knowledgeable about the gaming industry, including newest trends and events
- Experience working with international teams and global music talent.
- Passion for esports and Riot's games
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!Our Perks:
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
👉 sound designers
👉 resource managers
We're searching out top creatives who thrive in fast-paced environments to join our production and operations teams. If you think this might be you, check out all the vacancies on our website.
Run, don't walk: application deadlines are coming in fast.
Here at Novel, we’re always looking for people who love what we do, and want to help us take it to the next level.
We’re already Europe’s largest independent podcast production company.
We have fifty staff across two continents, producing premium original podcasts for the likes of iHeart, Wondery, BBC, Apple, Audible, Apple, Gimlet and others.
As we continue to grow, we’re going to need the very best creatives, producers, execs, sales types, technicians, organisers, sound designers, researchers, hosts, writers, stars, and on.
If that’s you, just drop your CV into our inbox, and we’ll be in touch.IDEAL CANDIDATES
• Multi tasker
• Dynamic creator
• Resourceful team player
• Diligent self starter
To apply, please send your CV to [firstname.lastname@example.org]( )
We're looking for new talent to join our growing team at Novel. 🚨