We came across interesting new jobs at Amplitude, Certain Affinity, People Can Fly, and Amazon Games – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (France), Senior Technical Audio Designer (TX, US), Audio DevQA (Poland), and Sound Designer (WA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Implementer at Respawn (CA, US), Music Implementer at Respawn (CA, US), Associate Sound Designer at Respawn (CA, US), C++ Audio Software Developer at Ableton (Germany), Senior Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (UK / Remote), Lead Audio Designer at Blackbird Interactive (BC, Canada), Sound Designer at People Can Fly (IL, US), Audio Producer/Engineer at Games Workshop/Black Library (UK – position still open), Audio Programmer at People Can Fly (Poland), and Shared Audio Manager at ProbablyMonsters (WA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Audio Producer at Source Sound (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at PUBG San Ramon (CA, US), Audio Lead at PUBG San Ramon (CA, US), Associate Content Engineer at Dolby Laboratories (MAH, India), Audio/Video Engineer at Jazz Saint Louis (MO, US), and Audio Software Engineer at Sony San Diego (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Foley Editing
• Hear about machine learning for audio post + Pole Position’s extraordinary sound effects libraries.
Location: Paris, France
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.Job description
We are looking for a Sound Designer for a fixed term contract (12 months) to create and implement sound effects on our next title.More specifically, under the supervision of our Lead Audio Designer your main responsibilities will include:
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game
- Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
- Work on audio creative design in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
- Find and fix audio-related bugs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Background in sound design for video games a plus
- Proficient with Wwise and Nuendo/Cubase
- Experience implementing sound into Unity
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
- Experience in field recording
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) – 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription – 50 % paid by Amplitude
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment 🙂
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Cooking & tasting sessions, and virtual escape games
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news during periods of lockdown / curfew.
Virtual onboarding, allowing step-by-step support for new team members.
Fondée en 2011, Amplitude Studios est une filiale du groupe SEGA, spécialisée dans les jeux de stratégie.
Déjà quatre titres ont été commercialisés, et tous positivement accueillis : Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless et Endless Space 2.Le studio a récemment annoncé ses deux prochains titres :
- Humankind un jeu de stratégie historique dans lequel les joueurs et joueuses pourront mener leur civilisation du Néolithique à l'ère moderne, en combinant différentes cultures.
- Endless Dungeon, un jeu d’action tactique.
Le lien entre Amplitude et sa communauté est au cœur de la philosophie du studio, et les équipes sont fières de collaborer main dans la main avec leurs joueurs/joueuses. C’est dans cet esprit qu’Amplitude a lancé le Games2Gether, une approche innovante de co-développement, permettant de s'impliquer au plus près du processus de création des jeux !Détail du poste :
Nous sommes à la recherche d’un(e) Sound Designer pour un CDD de 12 mois, pour créer et implémenter des effets sonores sur notre prochain projet.En tant que Sound Designer, vous serez en charge de :
- Créer un sound design attrayant et détaillé pour divers éléments du jeu
- Implémenter les éléments audios dans le moteur de jeu
- Travailler sur le sound design en ligne avec les objectifs de l'équipe et la vision du titre
- Trouver et corriger les bugs liés à l'audio
- BAC+3 minimum avec une spécialisation en Sound Design
- 3 ans d’expérience minimum dans l’industrie du jeux vidéo, à un poste équivalent ou similaire.
- Capacité à travailler efficacement au sein d'une équipe et à interagir avec une grande variété de profils
- Flexibilité et capacité d'adaptation
- Anglais/Français courant
- Maîtrise de Wwise et Nuendo/Cubase
- Expérience d’intégration du son dans Unity
- Un portfolio qui démontre d'excellentes compétences en sound design
Expérience en enregistrement sonore sur le terrain
Mutuelle prise en charge à 60%
- Abonnement de transport pris en charge à 50%
- Accès au portefeuille de jeux SEGA
- Ambiance conviviale, cohésion d’équipe et cadre de travail stimulant 🙂
- Processus de recrutement : 3 entretiens
- Des cours de sport et de yoga en ligne chaque semaine pour garder la forme.
- Des ateliers cuisine, des sessions de dégustations, et des escape games virtuels.
- Des réunions mensuelles avec l’ensemble du studio afin de communiquer les nouvelles actualités de l’entreprise.
- Une écoute quotidienne du service RH qui prend régulièrement des nouvelles pendant les périodes de confinement/couvre-feu.
- Un onboarding virtuel complet, permettant d’accompagner pas à pas les nouveaux membres de l’équipe.
Company: Certain Affinity
Location: Austin, TX, US
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we're also creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Technical Audio Designer to join our top-tier audio team. While very strong sound design skills are expected, your focus is supporting the audio team similar to the capacity of an Audio Programmer. Heavy, complex scripting solutions that yield industry-leading, run-time audio is the focus of this role. Although not technically a programmer, some background in programming/scripting is a must.Responsibilities
- Design and script systems to play and mix audio at an industry-leading quality
- Work with the engineering team to turn scripted systems into code as needed
- Create audio assets of high quality using a wide array of tools and libraries
- Act as a lead on various aspects/features of the game, and represent audio to other disciplines
- Define and document needed features for audio technology
- Work with engineers to craft solutions to challenging audio needs
- Ability to set up and maintain audio equipment
- 3+ shipped AAA titles
- 5+ years of directly related industry experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Master-level understanding of interactive audio
- Ability to manage lead-level duties on the production timeline
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high-quality portfolio
- Must have experience with Wwise and Unreal Engine
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Credited engineering work
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.
Company: People Can Fly
Location: Warsaw, Poland
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects – Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!Job Description
- Supporting the audio team during every step of AAA production development, creating and maintaining test cases and producing detailed bug reports, and assisting with the management of the bug database to reflect the current state of projects.
- Gathering and analyzing game statistics
- Performing tests and Sanity check while working on several streams
- Creating Test Cases in order to find the Memory and Frame Rate degradations
- Planning, Creating, and Executing Automated tests
- Verifying game stability on consoles
- Reporting the Crashes and analyzing the crash database.
- Cooperation with QA department
- At least 1.5 years of working experience as a professional QA Tester/Technician (not in linguistic testing)
- Basic experience working with Unreal Engine Editor
- Understanding P4 and multi-branch model
- Basic understanding of project life cycle and its phases
- Knowledge of PC and consoles on technician level
- Understanding of and experience with all areas of game testing and various test types
- Knowledge of QA methodologies to ensure the highest possible quality and maximum efficiency
- Ability to remain focused on given tasks for prolonged time periods; attentiveness to small details
- Ability to analyze the audio area of the game and present results in a clear manner
- Understanding of audio on a basic level such as frequencies, panorama
- Understanding of acoustics on a basic level (i.e. reverb/sound reflections)
- Understanding basics of music theory such as bar, note, tempo
- At least 1-year experience working with Visual Studio
- Basic skills in any DAW (pref. reaper)
- Curiosity and strong will to study and understand the underlying game mechanics in order to not only discover but foresee potential issues in different game areas
- Resistance to stress and ability to withstand the time pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Polish
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Basic programming skills (C++/Visual Scripting/VEX)
- Experience working with Memory Analyzing tools, profiling tools, and bug-tracking tools, preferably JIRA
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
– Free library with a wide range of games and books
– In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
– An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
Company: Amazon Games
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Have you ever dreamed of making huge creature sounds, powerful magic spells, and clashing battles with hundreds of players? What about bringing a dynamic open world to life with music and detailed ambiences?
Amazon Games is looking for a Sound Designer to join our New World team in Seattle. In New World, players will fight for survival as they explore and conquer the mysterious island of Aeternum. as a Sound Designer, you will build on the realistic and supernatural soundscape of New World and help forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
In this role, you will work with the Audio Lead to create top quality sound design and implementation. You'll work effectively, collaborating with designers, animators, visual effect artists, and programmers to create compelling audio experiences; leveraging your technical and creative audio skills on a unique and enthusiastic team.
Responsibilities: Design and implement high quality in-game sound effects. Test all aspects of the game audio, ensuring in-game playback is flawless. Collaborate with the production team to set clear, realistic timelines. Provide well thought-out feedback that pushes the sound of New World forward.
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.About Us
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 1+ shipped game title.
· 1+ years’ experience in a sound designer role.
· 1+ years experience recording both in the field and in the studio.
· 1+ years experience implementing audio with middleware
· Experience with any commercial video game engine (Lumberyard, Unreal, Unity etc.)
· Experience with Wwise.
· Scripting experience in LUA, C# or any visual scripting system.
· Massive Multiplayer Online experience a plus.
· Music editing and composition experience a plus.
· A passion for games and the role that audio plays in storytelling and player experience.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.