We came across interesting new jobs at Archetype, Candy Digital, Tencent San Francisco, and Cat Daddy Games – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (TX, US), Senior Sound Designer (NY, US), Game Audio Programmer (CA, US), and Temporary Audio Designer (WA, US).
We also found openings for a Technical Music Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Sound Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Bungie (WA, US), Sound Designer at Archetype Entertainment (TX, US), Audio and Narrative Producer at Deep Silver Dambuster (England), Assistant Sound Engineer at Fondation HIBA (Moroco), Temporary Audio Designer at BioWare (AB, Canada), Senior Audio Designer at BioWare (AB, Canada), Sound Designer at Flying Wild Hog (Poland), Technical Sound Designer at Insomniac Games (CA, US), and Sound Design Career Advisor at Vancouver Film School (BC, Canada).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Junior Sound Designer/Composer at Sound Canvas (England), Sound Recordist at Spatial Audio Labs (Denmark), Music Technology Studio Manager at San Francisco Conservatory of Music (CA, US), Associate Audio Engineer at Jio Saavn (MAH, India), and Freelance A/V Production Technicians at Hurricane Productions (OH, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Huge SFX Summer Sale! Get incredible sound effects deals + exclusive bonus sounds
• Sean Garnhart on Crafting Old‘s ‘Experiential’ Sound and Dolby Atmos Mix
Location: Austin, TX, US
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin — “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking a Sound Designer to join our team. The primary focus of this role is authoring and implementing incredible game audio, but you will also be expected to help design game audio systems, audio project structures, and help with source acquisitions. Our ideal candidate is highly creative and technical, with an extraordinary work ethic. Strong interpersonal skills and a great attitude are a must. Applicants are required to submit an audio reel along with resume. An additional Audio Test may be required.What You'll Do:
- Author industry-best sound effects and elegantly implement them into the game.
- Collaborate with Audio Director to plan and actualize cutting-edge Audio systems.
- Build and iterate on systems until our game delivers a legendary audio experience.
- Participate in field recordings, foley sessions, Audio summits, and other excursions.
- Coordinate with the rest of the development team, and act as an exemplary representative of the Archetype Audio Team at large.
- Contribute to a shipped AAA title’s development from start to finish.
- 4 +years experience in AAA game development.
- Demonstrable technical prowess regarding implementation of game assets in Unreal Engine, and building audio and music systems in Wwise.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to actualize sounds in the game in a timely fashion.
- An upbeat, positive attitude is essential to this role… we are developing phenomenal games here!
- Must love/live/breathe Game Audio and maintain a highly dedicated work ethic with attention to detail.
- Consummate knowledge of the game development cycle and standard development tools.
- Mastery level experience using WWISE.
- Mastery level experience using Unreal Engine.
- Advanced knowledge building an interactive music system in Wwise is a major plus!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Company: Candy Digital
Location: New York, NY, US
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
Fandom. Reimagined.Our Investors
- Michael Rubin– Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz – CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk– CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL…
- Partner closely with the Product, Creative, Design, Engineering, and leadership teams to lead the audio development at CANDY
- Create and maintain aesthetic, technical, performance, and quality standards and guidelines for audio for each shipped product at CANDY
- Work together with engineers and designers on each project
- Be original in sound design and engineering to better the sense of virtual presence and increase consumer interaction
- Stay informed with the ever-changing cutting edge technologies and best practices of the industry
- Build and preserve best practices for audio in each product at CANDY
- Focus on quality of audio throughout the project’s lifetime and the team as a whole
- You have 6+ years of professional sound design, specifically experience with implementation focused on cutting edge, high-quality games or other AAA interactive experiences
- You have history of innovation and creative leadership on large scale, intricate audio productions
- You have background in working with spatialized audio, especially in an interactive environment
- You have experience working directly in game engines and with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- You have history of working with version control systems on large teams (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- You have proven expertise in both studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- You proven expertise in progressive implementation and scripting in an interactive environment
- You have strong communication skills and ability to understand and pass on product needs to the team
- You have stability to receive and provide feedback
- You have strong understanding of best practices specifically within broadcast and delivery standards and specifications
- You have experience in an agile environment
- You have AR/VR experience
- You have proven experience working with spatialized audio in a VR environment (also surround, Atmos, etc.)
- You have history of working in Unity
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners.We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence.We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.
Company: Tencent San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
- Responsible for participating in-game audio integration, problem analysis, and solution.
- Co-ordinating with the game audio designer and share responsibility for audio design and development.
- Responsible for functional development and performance optimization of game audio middleware.
- Frontier technology of game audio research and development.
- Major in signal, multimedia technology, music, computer science, or another computer-related field. Familiarity with C/C++ development. Having the capability of good coding habits and rich experience of programming. Preferably with experience in mobile or console game development.
- Mastering the game audio interface, familiar with common audio function modules, familiar with the mechanism of any third-party audio middleware, such as FMOD/Wwise/Criware. Have the capability of analyzing and solving problems quickly.
- Familiar with the common designing methods of game sound effects and music, and mastered the use of game audio middleware. Preferably with the capability of game audio sound designing and familiarity with the usage and mechanism of DAW.
- Familiar with game engines such as Unity and Unreal or any other internal game engine. Have knowledge of the game development process. Mastering the method and integration mode of game audio, and having the experience and ability of game plug-in development.
- Having a basic knowledge of digital signal analysis, familiar with Matlab/Python and other scripting languages. Familiar with the framework of common audio signal analysis and processing methods. Preferably with experience in related audio effector implementation.
- Better to know PD, MAX/MSP, FAUST, and other graphics audio programming languages, having the capability to quickly conduct audio synthesis and prototype design of audio effects.
- Better to know the mechanism of spatial acoustics technology, have the capability of spatial acoustics technology application and algorithm design, preferably with relevant development experience.
- Better to know basic music theory, have certain musical literacy, familiar with the related synthesis technology of music or musical instruments is preferred.
- Strong teamwork ability, learning ability, and team spirit.
Company: Cat Daddy Games
Location: Kirkland, WA, UA
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech, and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists, and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 20+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label, so we are part of a pretty big family! And while we love being part of something so impressive, the studio is a fun and dedicated family of exceptionally hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
Cat Daddy is growing and looking for a hardworking Audio Designer who can help us create compelling & technically sophisticated audio experiences for our mobile game titles. In this role, you will be working with the Lead Audio Designer to create and implement high-quality audio content; collaborating with various teams across the studio to ensure audio matches the gameplay look, feel, and style. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute both creatively and technically to the player experience of our game titles!What you will do
- Work with the Audio Lead to establish audio asset needs
- Design and build game audio content that supports gameplay and aligns with the gameplay vision
- Compose and record music for multiple genres to fit the style of the game, using primarily in the box solutions for recording
- SFX design and creation from libraries or foley
- Implement audio/sound assets using proprietary tools
- 3+ years proven experience as an Audio Designer (or similar role) in the gaming industry (or related field)
- Shipped at least 2 video game titles on any platform, mobile is a plus
- Strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques
- Proficient with digital audio workstations including Sound Forge, Pro Tools, Studio One, and Logic
- Experience with game audio implementation middleware, FMOD and/or Wwise preferred
- Ability to prioritize and show flexibility to adhere to development timelines
- Familiarity with QA processes and bug tracking
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently with little oversight when necessary
- Excellent teammate with the desire to learn and share knowledge and expertise with others
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Catdaddy.com accounts.