We came across interesting new jobs at AudioValley, Deck Nine, tinyBuild Games, and Lionshead Entertainment – and they’re looking for a Junior Music Manager (France), Audio Lead (CO, US), Sound Designer (MOS, Russia / Remote), and Technical Sound Designer (BC, Canada).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Sound Designer for Marketing at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Audio Director at Gameloft Montréal (QC, Canada), Senior Audio Designer at Playground Games (England), Senior Programmer at Ubisoft Stockholm (Sweden), Technical Sound Designer at Ubisoft Stockholm (Sweden), Software Engineer, Audio ML at Roblox (CA, US), Audio Designer at Outplay (Scotland / Remote), Junior Music Manager at AudioValley (France), Producer at Deck Nine (CO, US), Producer at TinyBuild Games (MOS, Russia / Remote), Workstream Lead QA – Voice at Peloton (NY, US), Senior Sound Designer at Wordwall (England), Senior Sound Designer at Lionshead Entertainment (BC, Canada), Audio Head at Studio Productions LLC (NY, US), and Audio Producer at Play’n GO (England).
And be sure to check out the The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
→ Learn more about Leading With Sound – and get the chance to win a copy here, too.
→ Returnal: How its glorious, dark electronic sound was made – with Loic Couthier, Simon Gumbleton, Ash Read, Peter Hanson, Lewis Everest, and Harvey Scott
→ Creating the sound for ‘The Mandalorian’ – with Foley Mixer Blake Collins CAS
→ Excellent new sound effects from the independent sound community
Location: Paris, France
Introducing a prime opportunity for a passionate music aficionado to join one of the most established and innovative digital music services on the market. Your unparalleled ear for music will help you unveil the best songs and playlists for both the community and our licensing clients, whose requests are more than challenging.
Be part of a team that shapes Jamendo as the leading online platform for music lovers, indie artists and professionals searching for the perfect tracks.
We receive on a daily basis hundreds of tracks uploaded by our community. In order to offer the best possible experience to our users, those tracks have to be moderated, tagged and rated. You will be assisted by an automatic tool based on AI (Musiio). Your work will be at the very heart of all our company activities.Your tasks:
- Listen to our new content and moderate it for Jamendo Music (www.jamendo.com) and Jamendo Licensing (licensing.jamendo.com) : rate the music, qualify it by genres/subgenres.
- Editorial : Programming of the musical content (playlists, artists, albums, singles) served to our community of users.
- Music supervision for an eclectic range of sync projects (online videos, ads, films etc.), commissioned by our licensing clients.
- Liaising on a day-to-day basis with our network of artists on various music-related projects and offer them support.
- Take part in the implementation of new partnerships and services dedicated to the artists.
- Enthusiasm for music (good knowledge of music genres and subgenres is highly recommended) and music industry. Most ideally, you are involved in music related activities at your level (artist, musician, blogger, association etc.).
- Ability to critically listen to large quantities of music in order to assess its quality.
- Basic knowledge of music theory, music production.
- Fluent in English. Any additional language is an asset.
- You are well organized.
- You are very curious and eager to learn.
- You can work in autonomy and you are not afraid of taking initiatives.
- Full-time, permanent contract. Possibility of internship (min. 6 months) or work-study contract.
- International and passionate team
- Great location in Paris
Jamendo is the world’s largest royalty-free music community for independent artists. We reach millions of music enthusiasts globally every month through our website and apps. Our goal is to help people discover free music uploaded by talented and emerging artists.
We provide exposure and a unique way to make money for independent artists thanks to our sync and in-store licensing products. (licensing.jamendo.com)
Jamendo is proud to help emergent artists make a living since 2004.
You want a boost in your career, work in a fun environment while shaping the future of music?
Look no further! Join our team of talented professionals!
Company: Deck Nine
Location: Boulder, CO, US
Deck Nine Games is looking for a creative and technical Audio Lead with the capability to design and implement assets, lead the audio efforts for our project, and specialize in key audio systems.
Our narrative-driven projects require a wide array of knowledge and high collaboration with other gifted creatives, to deliver an engaging video game experience. The Audio Director will directly manage a team of Audio Designers to design engaging sound effects, record and implement quality V.O., and oversee integration of a captivating score and music.Responsibilities:
- Encourage a culture of respect, support, collaboration, comradery, and creativity throughout the audio team and beyond.
- Manage a team of audio designers, providing guidance and feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation.
- Collaborate with creative directors, game directors, and other key stakeholders to define game audio quality bar and vision.
- Work with team leads and production to ensure audio staff are represented in all strike teams throughout development, and that they are fully scheduled and tasked.
- Manage music direction for the project, owning licensed music selection, coordinating with artists/composers producing score, and integrating all music for an alluring gaming experience.
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines and onboard new audio team members.
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous PTO including paid parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
If you are a talented and passionate game developer and you are looking to challenge yourself, please apply today! Full-time position available, remote to start but with ability to relocate and applicants must already be authorized to work in the U.S.About Deck Nine
Deck Nine Games is an independent game developer dedicated to crafting interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. Our passion is storytelling games.
Our first narrative game, Life is Strange: Before the Storm is loved by fans and has won multiple awards, including Game of Year and was nominated for both a VGA and a BAFTA. The studio is 100+ people and is in sunny Westminster, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We hope to share more information about our next title with Square Enix as soon as we can.
We’re looking for talented and self-motivated people to join us as we aim to rise to the top of the storytelling game studios. If this sounds appealing to you, please apply!
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.Qualifications
- At least 5+ years of experience in a leadership role for game audio, involved with full development cycles of multiple shipped titles preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding and practical experience in every facet of game audio production, including experience with Wwise across multiple full development cycles.
- Expert understanding of Foley, recording, mixing, sound design, implementation, scripting voice over, and localization techniques and best practices.
- Proven experience working and coordinating with game developers from different disciplines.
Familiarity with the different kinds of production and implementation of music in a game engine, from looping tracks to linear pieces and stingers.
Sound design portfolio or reel.
- Organized leadership skills in an environment of competing priorities and time management.
Full-time position must be willing to eventually relocate to the Denver, Colorado region.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in an audio-related field.
- Experience working on narrative-driven games with emergent audio features and systems, including branching conditionalized sequences (e.g. dialogue branches).
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Blueprints on at least one full development cycle.
- Music composition experience for a visual medium (portfolio/samples preferred).
- Relevant television/film experience.
Company: tinyBuild Games
Location: Moscow, Russia / Remote
Hello Engineer is a physics-based multiplayer construction set set in the Hello Neighbor universe. Build with friends or alone whatever you want: from racing cars and planes to mechanical catapults and self-propelled robots. Exchange hidden blueprints, compete with other players in PVP arenas and beware of the Neighbor.
With tinyBuild, you have great opportunities for professional growth and development. We build the process of work in the company as transparent and understandable as possible, with a minimum of bureaucracy and maximum attention to the ideas of employees.
You will be working with AA projects for PC and consoles, which is not only very exciting, but also quite difficult. We face many challenges every day and try to make our projects high quality and sticky for the players.What tasks (responsibilities)?
- creation of SFX assets for games and trailers
- mix of sounds integration of sound assets into the game
- finalization of ready-made sounds and music
- interaction with project teams – developers, designers, producers
- the ability to record Foley is a plus
- the ability to record in the field is a big plus
- experience with Unity
- experience with Wwise
- experience with version control systems, understanding the game development process
- experience working as a sound designer, creating and integrating sounds on game project
- ability to "feel" and get into the style of the project
Company: Lionshead Entertainment
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lionshead Entertainment is an audio outsourcing company based in Vancouver, Canada. We are a growing team of talented audio professionals with a passion for creating immersive audio experiences for video games. We work on some of the industry’s greatest AAA games for clients such as Microsoft, Disney, Blackbird Interactive and Unity.
We are looking for a talented Technical Sound Designer who is self starting, motivated, team focussed and passionate about creating AAA quality audio experiences. They will be versatile in their design abilities, detail oriented and have a good understanding of the technical side of game audio.
The successful candidate will join our team to help with two exciting upcoming projects. This a contract position starting at 8 months with the option to renew. The position is remote and a home studio setup is required.Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the Audio Director, sound designers and development team to create, improve and integrate audio features and content in the game using middleware and scripting solutions directly in-engine.
- Coordinate and act as a bridge between the audio department and other team members to ensure that audio features are successfully integrated in animation, missions, world systems, level and mission designs, etc.
- Identify technical audio needs for the project, communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, engineering and sound designers to implement and tune those needs
- Maintain the audio project structure ensuring that the audio workflow, system resources, filename conventions and audio quality are consistent.
- Create, design and document audio systems such as the music system, dialogue & chatter systems, locomotion, weapons, vehicles, etc.
- Design and improve audio tools and pipelines and see them to fruition in collaboration with the audio and programming teams.
- Fluent in industry standard middleware such as Wwise, FMod and Fabric
- Strong scripting skills and experience in Unreal and Unity
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Adapts well to change & ability to work on multiple features and tasks.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in shipping 1+ games as a technical sound designer.
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates.
- Structure, attention to detail, thoroughness and efficiency
- Knowledge in technical design and implementation of key audio systems (Wwise, FMOD, Fabric, Unreal Blueprints).
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (ProTools , Reaper, Cubase, Nuendo, etc).
- Experience designing/creating tools and a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio
- Self starting and open-minded to critical feedback.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Degree, diploma or equivalent experience.
- Home studio with your own DAW, monitors, audio plugins/tools and SFX library.
- Strong sound design
- Post-production for in-game cinematics, trailers and marketing material.
- Have worked on multiple AAA games.
- Field recording experience and equipment.
- Coding experience – C++ Knowledge is not required, but is an awesome to have
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
Work remotely: Yes