We came across interesting new jobs at BMW Group, Stamp, Splash Damage, and Interleave – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Germany), Sound Designer (Remote), Audio Designer (England), and Sound Designer (Remote).
We also found openings for a Technical Audio Designer at Schell Games (PA, US), Sound Designer at Twisted Pixel (TX, US), Audio Lead at Jackbox Games (IL, US), Dialogue Director at Sledgehammer Games (CA, US), and Audio Intern at Rooster Teeth (TX, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Audio Designer at Obsidian Entertainment (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Hazelight (Sweden), and Producer at Interleave (Remote), Audio Producer at Interleave (Remote), Junior Audio Programmer at Interleave (Remote), Technical Audio Intern at Interleave (Remote), Contract Composer at Stamp (Remote), Contract Audio Artist at Stamp (QC, Canada), Executive Producer at Stamp (Remote), Audio Artist (NHL23) at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), and Sound Design Intern at DICE Stockholm (Sweden). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• The Early Black Friday Sound Sale is live! Get A) amazing sound deals, B) extra sounds with ANY order, and C) download free SFX – all that right here
• Find out how game audio implementation works today, in this essential video primer.
• Seasoned game composer Peter McConnell (Monkey Island, Psychonauts 2, Grim Fandango & more) shares his insights on how to succeed in game music.
Company: BMW Group
Location: München, Germany
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, this includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
Sound is playing more and more a key role within the future mobility. In recent years BMW Group has introduced new ways of understanding and embedding sounds into the human-machine-interaction within vehicles. As we continue to investigate further possibilities of expression driven by sound, we are looking for a talented and passionate Sound Designer to join the Sound Design Team.What awaits you?
- You support the creation of sounds in its broadest sense, from soundscapes to earcons, from music to haptic feedbacks for various user experiences inside and outside vehicles.
- The creation of unique visions through sound for the future of mobility is part of your job.
- You are part of the early phase team in the design of experiences.
- Additionally, you unite creative methodologies with strategic requirements.
- You bring future topics and fresh impulse into our products.
- Furthermore, you will be involved into design topics.
- University degree in Sound Design / Audio Design or a comparable qualification.
- Experience with real-time, interactive and generative sound design.
- Knowledge of sound coding, scripting, mixing and mastering.
- Advanced knowledge of sound processing software such as Max, Pure Data, FMOD and SuperCollider.
- In-depth experience in Digital Audio Workstations such as Logic, Ableton, Cubase and Protools.
- Knowledge in programming or in analogue/digital hardware development.
- Passion around the state-of-the-art in recent sound development over different fields such as mobility, art installations, gaming and film environments.
- Business-fluent in English, ideally German skills.
You address your own ideas, are motivated and go new technological ways courageously? – Apply now!What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits – see bmw.jobs/benefits
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sound Designers to join the team and work on our current and upcoming video game projects. We are looking for innovative collaborators to support our core mission of delivering the finest soundscapes for ground-breaking indie and established franchises.
As a Sound Designer at STAMP you would be partnering with audio directors, music supervisors, composers and other sound designers. In a nutshell, the job is to create awesome sounds in time!Responsibilities
- Design, create, and deliver game's sound effect (in-game, cinematic, etc.)
- Create audio asset lists forthe objects and characters in the game;
- Edit, design, and process voiceover recordings.
- Implement audio in the game engine.
- At least 2 years experience as a sound designer working in the video game industry with atleast one major commercial release.
- Knowledge of all aspects of audio production including Foley, field recording, dialogue editing, voice design, mixing, etc.
- Solid experience in sound design creation from existing libraries.
- Ability o self manage and organize high-volume workloads around tight deadlines
- Being resourceful, confident, hard-working and cool-tempered
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Being on top of the field in new technologies such as VST plugins, synthesis, ambisonics mixing, interactive sound integration (FMOD, Wwise, etc).
- Demo reel / portfolio showcasing sound design in-game is required with your application.
- *Submissions without portfolio link will not be considered.
- Diploma in sound design or music
- Have shipped AAA console titles
- Passion for video games.
- Quebec, Canada residents
Company: Splash Damage
Location: London, UK
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
We are seeking a mid-level audio designer with experience on AA and/or AAA games. You’ll be working alongside the Senior and Lead Audio Designers, following the games audio vision to create and implement world-class audio content.Required Skills
- Audio Designer with games industry experience and at least 1 complete cycle of a shipped AA or AAA game.
- Experienced with Wwise and one DAW, preferably Reaper
- Strong proven sound design skills, demonstrated in a concise showreel
- A basic understanding of technical audio skills and implementation in UE4
- Experience mixing in 5.1 surround for games and linear media
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy independently and works well in a team
- Test all aspects of the audio and report following current procedures
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and deepening skills
- FPS, weapon sound design and multiplayer experience
- Creature Foley and vocal sound design and implementation experience
- Vehicle sound design and implementation experience
- Good knowledge of the game development process and where audio lives in that pipeline
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
- Enthusiastic about audio in general, in films, TV and games!
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
We are looking for highly motivated and quality obsessed sound designers of all levels to join our team. You should have a serious passion for audio, and be excited about working collaboratively to advance both your creative and technical audio design skills, while working on cutting-edge projects alongside industry leaders and experts.On a daily basis, you may be expected to:
Create innovative, high quality audio for interactive media
Work with technical audio designers to implement audio within game engines
Identify and communicate opportunities for audio enhancement
Assist in production planning and asset organization
Significant AAA or high level indie experience
Well developed creative and artistic sensibilities
Excellent communication and time management skills
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
A strong desire to exceed expectations
An ability to creatively respond to feedback and direction
A strong understanding of game audio
Interest in exploring new concepts and technologies
Flexible and proficient in various DAWs (ProTools, Reaper, etc.)
Experience utilizing game development audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
Experience with Unreal and Unity game engines
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office and comparable software
Please include links to any relevant previous work with your application. Selected candidates will be chosen for an interview with a technical component.Nice to Have:
Love of audio and music for games, film, tv, and interactive media
Technical experience troubleshooting PC, Mac and hardware
Interest in game design, mechanics and game development
Interest in visual scripting or programming (BP, C++, C#, Lua)
Interleave is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.How to Apply
Applicants must submit CV and any applicable demo material through the Apply Now link below.