We came across interesting new jobs at Sago Mini, Psyonix, Kylotonn, and Ripple Effect – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (ON, Canada), Audio Lead (CA, US), Sound Designer (France), and Technical Audio Artist (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Assistant Professor of Music Technology at CSU San Bernardino (CA, US), Assistant Professor in Composition at University of Cambridge (England), Audio Software Developer at PlayStation HQ (CA, US), Lead Audio Designer at Ubisoft Newcastle / Leamington (England), Audio Producer at TruFan (MA, India), Audio Mixer at Supernatural (Remote), Sound Designer at Novel (England), and Audio Designer at CNN (NY, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Audio QA Tester at Sony San Diego (CA, US), Audio Artist at Ripple Effect (CA, US / Remote), Associate Sound Designer at Blizzard Entertainment (CA, US), Sound Designer at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden), Audio Director at Paradox Interactive (Sweden), Lead Acoustics & Audio Engineer at EPOS (Denmark), Director of Creative & Post at Audio Branding (ON, Canada), and Junior Audio Tools Programmer at Rockstar North (Scotland). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Re-recording mixers Ron Bartlett and Doug Hemphill on the perfect balance of sound design and score for Dune.
• The Corridor Crew has just released their reimagined, alternative take on what a lightsaber could sound like.
• Go behind the sound for Age of Empires IV in this new video.
• Rich Bologna shares his tale of designing and mixing the scary sound of Halloween Kills.
Company: Sago Mini
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschooler apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 60 million downloads, three subscription services, 35+ apps, and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.About You
You are a creative at heart with a passion for sound design. You are a great communicator, an organized individual, and a team player who thrives off collaboration. You are open to feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve your skills. You have no problem diving into the weeds and getting your hands dirty. You excel at balancing multiple priorities, shifting gears, and wearing many hats. Your colleagues appreciate your ability to keep on top of your work and stay ahead of the game.About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking a sound designer to join our team! You will have the opportunity to wear many hats, work with different teams, and manage multiple priorities as it relates to sound at Sago Mini. Using your skills and experience, you will have the opportunity to work closely with developers and technical artists to bring the joy of sound to content and experiences created for kids.
This is a one-year contract role.What You'll Be Doing
- Working on the coordination of sound files; adding and organizing of the audio library
- Communicating requests to the sound engineer, voice over team, and external studios
- Mastering audio files to provide consistency and balance between sound effects and music
- Editing and mastering voice over content
- Assisting in creating sound effects consistent with the Sago Mini brand
- Managing sound requirements from developers and technical artists
- Reviewing sound implementations and helping to adjust in Unity
- 1-3 years of experience in sound design or a related field
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) experience
- Experience in mixing and mastering
- Proficiency in asset management software
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest or experience in the children’s space
- Music composition abilities
- An interest or background in character voiceover work
- Familiarity with Unity
- You'll get an email response confirming we've received your application and portfolio, and we'll let you know within a few days if we'd like to schedule a follow-up.
- If you're moving ahead, we'll book a call to learn more about your experience in a first round interview.
- If the fit is there and your skills and competencies align with the role, you will complete a short sound design exercise for submission.
- If the exercise is successful, you will meet with the hiring manager and team prior to a decision being made.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an Audio Lead to work on future projects. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in a senior or lead level Audio Gaming position previously, has experience with a live game, and can thrive in a fast paced environment. Our culture is one of bringing unique ideas to reality, fostering collaboration, creativity and ownership across various disciplines, and through our close relationship with Unreal, pushing the bar wherever possible. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.In This Role You Will
- Help raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies
- Push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development through Psyonix’s high profile game titles
- Evangelize Unreal Engine as a leader in the interactive audio space by developing and sharing cutting edge creative and technical audio techniques with the broader game development community
- Lead a small team of audio professionals to success while maintaining a high quality bar
- A seasoned game audio veteran with a proven track record of creating compelling industry leading audio experiences with excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Demonstrated ability to create best in class sounds across various styles and aesthetics
- Mastery over the entire sound creation process from field/studio recording, editing, designing, to implementation, debugging, and runtime systems
- Previous experience in early development, or multiple full cycles of pre-production through ship on a AAA scale game.
- You are passionate about games and able to discuss and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation
- ‘Out-of-the-box’ thinker with a track record of innovative solutions and productive collaboration with engineering and product management teams
- Experience implementing complex interactive audio systems, preferably in multiple engines/middlewares
- Ability to build plans and lead a team of audio professionals to success on a project
- Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude
- Music skills are a plus, but we are NOT looking for composers
- Programming skills are a plus but not required
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge – and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical – we think our people are pretty awesome!
Location: Paris, France
As part of the development of our racing games, we are looking for a Sound Designer F / H / NB. Under the direction of the Audio Director, your main missions will be:Job Description
Participate in the design of the sound elements of the game
Structure the production of our sound effects, voices and atmospheres
Participate in the integration of game sounds:
Car sounds (secondary motor and mechanical elements, surfaces and their mix depending on the game camera)
Sounds of environments and atmospheres
Music from the game
Dialogue with engine programmers to suggest technical improvements and ensure compliance with technical and performance constraints
Profile the built-in audio resources to ensure mix consistency and perform audio testing and debugging
Be critical of the sound integration pipeline and the tools used
A minimum of 3 years of experience in video game sound design
Expertise in engine sounds is essential
You have already produced a game and have good engine knowledge (ideally AAA)
A good knowledge of the mechanical functioning of a car is a decisive advantage
Experience working with commercial or proprietary audio implementation tools, in particular Fmod
Good knowledge of audio hardware equipment and recording techniques
Autonomy and good organizational skills
Good communication skills, ability to work in a team iteratively
Rigorous, you are creative, analytical, and open to new techniques
Fluency in English
You are passionate about video games, especially racing games
Position based in Paris or Lyon to be filled as soon as possible (teleworking days possible)
Benefits: restaurant tickets, holiday bonus, free actions, gaming equipment at attractive prices, fruit baskets, 50% coverage for transport and mutual subscriptions, mobility assistance, etc.
This position is open to people with the recognition of disabled workers.
CV, cover letter, references, website (if applicable)Description du poste
Dans le cadre du développement de nos jeux de racing, nous recherchons un(e) Sound Designer F/H/NB. Sous la direction du Directeur Audio, vous aurez pour principales missions :
Participer au design des éléments sonores du jeu
Structurer la production de nos bruitages, voix et ambiances
Participer à l'intégration des sons du jeu :
Sons de voitures (éléments moteurs et mécaniques secondaires, surfaces et leur mix en fonction de la caméra de jeu)
Sons d'environnements et ambiances
Musiques du jeu
Dialoguer avec les programmeurs moteur pour proposer des améliorations techniques et s'assurer du respect des contraintes techniques et de performances
Profiler les ressources audio intégrées afin de s'assurer de la cohérence du mix et procéder aux tests et debug de l'audio
Etre critique sur le pipeline d'intégration des sons et les outils utilisés
Un minimum de 3 ans d'expérience dans le sound design de jeu vidéo
Une expertise dans les sons de moteur est essentielle
Vous avez déjà produit un jeu et disposez d'une bonne connaissance moteur (idéalement AAA)
Une bonne connaissance du fonctionnement mécanique d'une voiture est un plus déterminant
Expérience de travail avec des outils d'implémentation audio commerciaux ou propriétaires, en particulier Fmod
Bonne connaissance de l'équipement audio hardware et des techniques d'enregistrement
Autonomie et bonne capacité d'organisation
Bonne communication, aptitude à travailler en équipe de manière itérative
Rigoureux, vous êtes créatif, analytique, et ouvert aux nouvelles techniques
Maîtrise de l'anglais
Vous êtes passionné par les jeux vidéo, en particulier les jeux de racing
Poste basé à Paris ou à Lyon à pourvoir dès que possible (jours en télétravail possibles)
Avantages : tickets restaurant, prime vacances, actions gratuites, matériel gaming à des tarifs avantageux, paniers de fruits, prise en charge à 50 % des abonnements de transport et de la mutuelle, aide à la mobilité, etc..
Ce poste est ouvert aux personnes ayant la reconnaissance de travailleurs handicapés.
CV, lettre de motivation, références, site Web (si applicable)
Company: Ripple Effect
Location: Playa Vista, CA, US
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.Technical Audio Artist
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.Our Values:
We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
This is a Technical Audio Artist position with the Ripple Effect Studios Audio Team in Los Angeles, supporting the Battlefield Franchise. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
In this role, your primary focus will be to handle technical audio tasks within the Frostbite game engine. This includes setting up visual scripting events, sound asset integration, and working with the Audio system to achieve sound playback in game software. You must have proficiency in sound design to fill this role, but the technical aspects of audio integration will be your primary focus.Responsibilities:
- Help our Audio Team craft a world class audio experience
- Be a key Technical Design contributor within our Audio Team
- Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
- Set up visual scripting logic to trigger in game sound events
- Design sound effects for in game playback
- Testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Take direction from the Audio Director, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
- You must be committed to craft excellence, and continuously improving your Technical and Sound Design skillset
- Help the Audio Team with location sound recording: foley, weapons, ambience, sfx, etc.
- BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Audio Engineering, Sound Design or Recording Arts
- Strong technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with visual scripting programs such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK. Knowledge or interest in computer programming is a plus for this role.
- In depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
- Proficiency with audio software \ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
- Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, SoundToys, etc.
- Some experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise or FMOD
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.Next Steps
The following are required as part of the application process:
- Apply online with Resume
- Provide weblink on resume for online Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required)
- As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.