We came across interesting new jobs at Elevate Labs, Bioware, Wargming, and Zynga Austin – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (GA, US / Remote), Audio Designer (AL, Canada), Sound Designer (IL, US), and Franchise Audio Director (Star Wars) (TX, US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Ubisoft Bucharest (Romania), Junior Sound Designer at Ubisoft Bucharest (Romania), Lead Audio Designer at Remedy Entertainment (Finland), Senior Sound Designer at Ubisoft Ivory Tower (France), Junior Audio Designer at Ubisoft Singapore (Singapore), Audio Engineer at Jobot (CA, US), Podcast Audio Engineer at Vox Media (NY, US), and Audio Engineer at Iron Mountain (England), Music Internship at EA MCO (CA, US), Audio Engineer at Amplify Voices (WA, US), Podcast Producer at Sesame Workshop (NY, US), Senior Technical Producer at Turner Studios (Atlanta, GA, US), Production Design Prototyper – AI Voice at Facebook (CA, US), Audio Coordinator at HarperAudio (NY, US), Freelance A1 Audio Mixer at Fox Sports (CA, US), and Audio Application Specialist at Avid (England).
And be sure to check out the The Audio Jobs group for more opportunities. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week: Discover the sonic magic behind some of the world’s most popular theme park rides at Disney World. Dillon Bennett and Eilam Hoffman take you behind-the-sound of HBO’s award-winning fantasy series His Dark Materials.
Company: Elevate Labs
Location: Atlanta, GA, US / Remote
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the role:
The Sound Designer will report to the Senior Sound Designer and share responsibility and ownership of this budding area of the business, as audio-based content is becoming increasingly important across both of our apps.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with high standards when it comes to quality, and they can deliver on those high standards while still working quickly. They're also adaptable, self-motivated, highly organized, and eager for continuous feedback as we seek to innovate in the audio learning space.What you'll do here:
- Handle post-production for meditation audio and new types of audio-based learning content, both in linear and interactive formats
- Organize audio files inside Dropbox, and keep meticulous records of file names and versions
- Continuously QA in-app audio and make minor adjustments to create a smoother listening experience
- Identify opportunities to add value with sound assets
- Work independently, but also collaborate with members of the content, design, engineering, and product teams
- You have 3+ years of professional sound design experience, ideally working on a blend of interactive and linear projects.
- You are an expert with Pro Tools.
- You have knowledge of field, studio, and remote/Zoom recording.
- You have extensive knowledge of recording equipment and understand how to produce consistent results in different conditions.
- You have a general grasp of the entire production process and how sound and animation can interact.
- You have a great ear and are adept at choosing the best takes.
- You work well under deadlines.
- You're meticulous, organized, and resourceful.
- You communicate often and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- You have a strong bias toward action.
- Interest in educational technology, lifelong learning, and/or meditation
- Experience working on interactive mobile games or with mobile sound design
- Experience with linear storytelling and story assembly
- Experience with Descript or something similar
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
- Do mission-driven work
- Skip the commute and enjoy the flexibility of working from home
- Develop your skills through a wide variety of challenging and impactful projects
- Accelerate your career through rapidly increasing levels of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Location: Edmonton, AL, Canada
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
You are an experienced sound designer and gamer who has a unique commitment to making worlds come alive. You are a story-teller who believes that immersion is enhanced by a detailed, contextual soundtrack. You flourish when you are a part of a highly motivated team that collaborates in a trustworthy, creative environment. You strive to improve and better understand your craft and possess an overwhelming drive to create a world-class audio experience.Responsibilities:
- Design, create and deliver an innovative sound design that helps create amazing worlds for our players.
- Imagine, build, and implement your audio designs to deliver immersive, meaningful aesthetic behaviours.
- Embrace the established BioWare audio model of teamwork throughout the development process.
- At least 2 years industry experience – has created sound, and/or music, hands-on for at least one AAA console titles.
- Proven experience with and a strong understanding of the entire audio process, including sound effects, voice-over, music, and middleware implementation.
- Proficient command of sound design & mixing with a variety of techniques, processes, and tools – able to competently produce any kind of audio required for a given task.
- Familiarity with Wwise, Fmod, or similar authoring environment – a grasp of programming fundamentals as they apply to scripting dynamic audio is a bonus.
- Field Recording experience – a passion for unique, inspired recordings with knowledge of recording gear, microphones, and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to accurately assess issues and formulate creative solutions, whether design or technical.
- Excellent communication skills – showing humility in exposing roadblocks or requesting assistance.
- Great team attitude – open to collaboration and sharing – you are receptive to changes and direction in this dynamic atmosphere.
- A passion for video games and understanding of the role that audio plays in the player experience.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Wargaming is looking for a passionate Sound Designer to join our Chicago studio. Our environment is a combination of casual creativity and functional productivity with an emphasis on games, solid design and engineering, and creative and inspiring art.
One of the most satisfying aspects of life at Wargaming is seeing your work flourish in the expanding world of Wargaming tittles and interacting with the millions of fans around the world who recognize your achievements.Reports To
What you will do?
- Author industry-best audio and technical sound systems for use in-game.
- Collaborate directly with Audio Director to develop, plan, and execute cutting edge audio features.
- Iterate and improve audio systems and mix to continually deliver legendary audio to our players.
- Participate in field recordings, foley sessions, audio development summits, and other audio excursions.
- Collaborate with rest of development team, acting as an exemplary representative of the WG global audio team at-large.
- Development experience with console games in the capacity of audio designer (min 1 shipped title)
- Experience with Wwise and/or FMOD designer
- Expertise with DAW and Wave editing software (Nuendo/Cubase, Ableton Live, Reaper, Pro Tools, Soundforge, Wavelab, etc.)
- Working knowledge of game development cycles, proficiency with both proprietary and standard game development tools.
- Proficiency using a variety of source control schemes.
- Passion for audio production and sound design in all types of media.
- Working knowledge of software engineering and scripting languages.
- Experience in large-scale Foley and Field Recording.
- 5+ years experience in AAA game development / pro audio / post production.
- Musical talent.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!
Company: Zynga Austin
Location: Austin, TX, US
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to take on next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a studio leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand-new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
About the position
The Franchise Audio Director will be a founding member of the Austin, TX studio, working closely with their counterparts both locally and in Brighton to build the next blockbuster mobile franchise, and setting the studio up for sustainable delivery and future growth.
We’re looking for a proven leader to help us establish a new audio department in Austin, TX, to bring our games to life with AAA soundscapes. In your role, you’ll bridge collaboration between our development team, audio vendors, composers, and licensors to deliver a beautiful and unforgettable audio experience to our players.
As a studio leader, it’s also crucial that our Franchise Audio Director not only shares but exemplifies our values of determination, trust, excellence, and celebrating the diversity of people and ideas.
This role will report into BossAlien’s General Manager in the UK. As a core member of the Austin leadership team, the Franchise Audio Director will have significant autonomy and a high level of impact on the studio’s design culture, and play a key part in building the studio’s team.Responsibilities:
- Provide expert direction, leadership, management, creation and integration of game audio. Sound, Voice and Music. (Composition is not required, but music direction is)
- Work closely with the General Manager, Creative Director and other stakeholders to develop and maintain the highest quality audio experience.
- Contribute to strategic planning and development of the audio discipline for the game/franchise/studio/company, with the Head of Audio.
- Expert knowledge of how audio contributes to world-class gameplay experiences.
- Multiple shipped titles at Director, or perhaps Lead level.
- Proven successful direction, management, supervision and mentoring of internal or external audio staff.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external contractors, suppliers and licensors.
- Expert ability to carry out due diligence for projects against technical/creative scope and budget.
- Expert use of DAW’s (e.g Pro Tools, Cubase, Vegas, Sound Forge), audio middleware (e.g. Wwise and FMOD), game engines (e.g. Unreal and Unity) and other common audio and game tools.
- Exceptional time management, able to prioritise and track work across a team, delivering on time to the highest level of quality.
- Expert ability to communicate clearly and in a flexible style, to stakeholders, team, peers and management.
- Linear audio design as well as interactive (e.g. Cinematics and marketing materials,)
- Knowledge of project management frameworks such as scrum/agile.
- Use of project management tools such as Jira.
- Legal understanding e.g. IP, contracts, licensing, rights.
- Ability to compose music.
- Excellent portfolio, demonstrating world-class audio design, ideally in multiple genres and styles, as a minimum (with details of involvement).
- Qualified to a degree+ level in an audio-related subject, or with equivalent experience.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.