We came across interesting new jobs at Epic Games, Behaviour Interactive, Volley, and Turn Me Up Games – and they’re looking for a Lead Audio Designer (England / Spain), Sound Designer (QC, Canada), Product Lead (Voice Games (CA, US), and Sound Designer (CA, US).
We also found openings for an Audio Designer at Team17 (England), Product Management Director for Music at Epidemic Sound (Sweden), Sound Designer at Rest Play (Turkey), Sound Designer at Resolution Games (Sweden), Sound Designer at Trollwood Performing Arts School (MN, US), Audio Tools Software Engineer at Bose Corporation (Remote), Audio Director and Speculative Application – Audio at Firesprite (England), and Senior Sound Designer at CD Projekt (Poland), and Senior Audio Engineer at InXile Entertainment (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Audio Software Engineer at PlayStation Global (England), Sound Designer/Audio Engineer at Rainmaker Studios (VA, US), Audio Programmer at TT Games (England), Sound Design Lead at Riot Games Shanghai (SH, China), Audio Description Narration Script Writer – Japanese at Descriptive Video Works (Japan), and Game Audio Designer at Laced (Remote / UK).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Company: Epic Games
Location: England / Spain
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.What We Do
We raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.What You'll Do
As a member of the team, you will engage with internal world-class development teams to create amazing UE/FN Creative experiences and templates. There will be the opportunity to help oversee, design and implement audio for internally developed UEFN experiences and templates, plus work with the UEFN Audio Director and UEFN teams to oversee, design, and implement audio for UEFN experiences, and help guide audio features and pipeline design.In this role, you will
- Contribute to a diverse set of projects at the same time, while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Foster and spread an audio discipline culture based on ownership, cross-discipline collaboration, and craftsmanship.
- Collaborate with diverse teams and disciplines to create effective audio.
- Extensive knowledge of audio engineering and DAWs
- Experience with Unreal or Unity editors, including scripting, level editor, animation, and linear editors; bonus if they have familiarity with FN Creative mode.
- Experience with Unreal native audio and implementing audio assets into a UE game.
- Mixing and mastering multitrack audio.
- Troubleshooting audio issues, optimization to meet memory budget and performance requirements across multiple platforms.
- Ability to design and implement audio scripting to achieve desired in-game audio features and dynamic playback.
- Must have experience implementing, debugging, profiling and optimizing audio content for shipped game experiences.
Leamington Spa, UK
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Company: Behaviour Interactive
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
In collaboration with an Audio Director, the sound designer will create and implement audio for the game.
In this role you will:
Create audio assets for ingame objects and events, and integrate them using Wwise;
Maintain and update sound event integration into animations;
Record sounds that will be used to create new assets for the game;
Edit voice over recordings;
Sound design and mix for linear videos Implement audio in the game;
Test and validate audio in the game;
What we’re looking for:
Diploma in sound design, recording or music;
Experience with the entire production cycle for a mobile video game, from preproduction to live operations;
General knowledge of techniques related to sound (recording, post-production, foley, SFX, music);
Experience with adding sound to a visual medium;
Excellent knowledge of industry tools (Unity, Wwise, Pro Tools or Reaper, Perforce) ;
Ability to respect deadlines and adapt to scheduling changes;
Ability to work in close collaboration with a team;
Good organization skills, creative mind, troubleshooting skills;
Bilingual (English – French);
Passion for video games;
A portfolio is required with your application.
En collaboration avec un Directeur Audio, le concepteur.trice de son va créer et implémenter l'audio dans le jeu.
Dans ce rôle, vous devrez:
Créer la conception audio pour les objets et évènements dans le jeu, les intégrer en utilisant Wwise;
Maintenir et mettre à jour les éléments de son et leurs intégrations pour les animations;
Enregistrer et éditer de nouveaux effets sonores originaux;
Concevoir des systèmes pour dicter le comportement audio dans le jeu;
Implémenter l’audio dans le jeu;
Tester et valider l’audio dans le jeu;
Ce que nous recherchons:
Diplôme en conception sonore, enregistrement ou musique;
Expérience dans le cycle entier de production pour la conception d’un jeu vidéo de la préproduction aux opérations « live »;
Connaissances des techniques générales reliées au son (enregistrement, postproduction, Foley, SFX, musique);
Expérience de la mise du son sur un support visuel;
Excellente connaissance des outils du secteur (Unity, Wwise, Pro Tools, Perforce);
Capacité à respecter les délais et à s’adapter aux changements d’horaire;
Capacité à travailler en étroite collaboration avec une équipe;
Bon sens de l’organisation, esprit créatif et aptitudes de résolution de problèmes;
Passion pour les jeux vidéo;
Un portfolio est requis lors de votre application.
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
In this role, you will iterate on ideas to drive KPIs, lead the user experience and advocate for your ideas as part of a functional team. You’ll be on the frontier of voice, creating experiences for the 100 million+ Americans who own smart speaker devices (Amazon Echo, Google Home).
You'll be responsible for planning and overseeing one of the most popular games on voice, managing members of the team, and your own deliverables. You'll work with data, engineers, designers, and business stakeholders to design features and experiments, and use metrics and data to prioritize tasks.What you'll do at Volley
- You’ll own a quarterly KPI, work with your team to build a roadmap that aligns with product goals
- Design new features and experiments that will drive improvements to your product
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, data analysts, visual, voice, content, and game designers
- Use data on a regular basis in order to inform design decisions
- Managed innovative user experiences for mobile apps, websites, broadcasts, and smart speaker devices.
- Experience working with a consumer-facing product or platform
- Experience designing new features and experiments to hit KPIs.
- 3-6 years of Product Management experience
- Passion for entertainment and/or games
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing thoughtful interactions for complex applications.
- Ability to use data to inform decisions and prioritize work.
- Experience managing/mentoring others in your function.
- Stage 1 (Preliminary Screening Call) with our Senior Recruiting Lead, Alexandre Brown
- Stage 2 (Initial Interview) with one of our Product Leads
- Stage 3 (Take-Home Test)
- Stage 4 (Hiring Manager Interview) with our Head of Product, Kerry LaRose
- Stage 5 (Virtual On-Site Interview) with various partners and team members
- Stage 6 (Founder Chat) with our Founders
- Stage 7 (Offer)
- Your medical, dental, and vision insurance is 100% covered by Volley, for yourself and all dependents and we match 401k!
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work-from-home and in-office work model.
- We offer 4 weeks of paid time off (enforced 2-week minimum), 16 paid holidays, 40 hours of bereavement leave, and unlimited sick days.
- Our generous parental leave policy includes 24 weeks at 100% pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks at 100% pay for non-birthing parents.
- We offer visa support for eligible candidates, making the process of relocating for the job smoother and more streamlined.
- A full breakdown of our benefits is here!
For Pay Transparency: The base salary range for this position is $100,000-$180,000 annually, based on a local (San Francisco) hire. Final offer amount may depend on experience, education, skills, and location. Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.About Us
Volley, named one of Y Combinator's Top Companies, develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month.We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Jeopardy – America’s most popular game show
- Song Quiz – a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? – a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories – a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars. Our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!
Company: Turn Me Up Games
Location: Burbank, CA, US
You possess a strong sound design background and a passion for game development. Your creative approach to sound design sets you apart, along with your ability to track and coordinate within a variety of disciplines to build a fantastic audio experience for the players.
You will be joining a motivated team who work in a collaborative environment. You will be interacting on a daily basis with designers, engineers, and producers to design sounds across all disciplines (UI, game mechanics, foley, and more) in line with the project's sound design goals.
Sound like a match? Turn Me Up Games is looking for a Sound Designer to join us!What We Need:
Turn Me Up is looking for a dedicated and creative Sound Designer with a background in game development. This role will work within the Audio Team, spearheading the sound design pipeline on a AA title with support from the Audio and Production teams.
The ideal candidate has experience working with DAW-focused workflows, sound design for games, a basic understanding of both field and studio recording techniques, and a desire to delve into audio systems design within a game engine.What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead the sound design pipeline, from identifying needs and scoping to final implementation.
- Utilize both creative and technical skills to design and implement sounds within Unreal Engine.
- Work with the Audio Supervisor to build a cohesive sound design "vision" for the current project.
- Oversee the sound design and implementation processes into Unreal Engine 5, while assisting the Audio Team with voiceover editing as needed.
- Internalize the sound design goals of our Design and Creative teams, and ensure those goals are met throughout the sound design and implementation process.
- Gain mastery of Unreal Engine 5's audio systems, as well as Unreal Engine audio implementation techniques and audio systems design.
- Take ownership of sound design asset lists, and work with the Production Department to ensure needed sound design assets are delivered according to an agreed-upon schedule.
- Identify which aspects of sounds are best designed in a traditional DAW vs Unreal Engine.
- Assist with outlining, organizing and running SFX recording sessions as needed.
- Strong experience with DAW-focused audio workflows.
- Knowledge of Cockos Reaper software is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of field and studio recording techniques.
- Foundational understanding of game audio.
- Desire to delve into "Technical Sound Designer"-type responsibilities, such as audio systems design within a game engine, is critical.
- Basic understanding of music composition fundamentals.
- Innovative and adaptable; ready to suggest improvements to both features and workflow.
- Strong drive to grow, learn, and assist the Audio Team in refining processes.
- Ability to multitask and stay detail oriented, without losing the plot.
- Knows when to ask for help, and when to pause and re-evaluate if issues arise during a session.
- Highly organized, with documentation skills and the ability to work with a large amount of audio assets.
- Proficient communicator and a positive presence in the audio department. This position is more than just an "Audio Engineer" — communication and soft skills are key!
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 is ideal, but not required.
- A demo reel demonstrating relevant skills and past work.
- 1+ years experience in a professional Sound Design environment.
- Portfolio containing ideally 1+ game sound design projects, of any level.
Turn Me Up Games is an award-winning independent development studio based in Burbank, California, with additional offices in Genoa, Italy.
Since 2011, Turn Me Up has been responsible for 3 App Store Editors Choice Awards, 2 Emmy Nominated VR Experiences, and multiple AAA ports to Nintendo Switch such as It Takes Two, Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2, and the Borderlands Legendary Collection, to name a few.
Turn Me Up is committed to creating impactful games that challenge the way audiences are entertained and deliver experiences that resonate with players long after the game is turned off, in ways that are both comfortably familiar and excitingly unprecedented.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Burbank, walking distance from dozens of shops and restaurants, our studio is fully-equipped with state-of-the-art development hardware, motion and performance capture stage, sound and vocal recording booths, and network and telecommunications infrastructure to support our incredibly talented staff, both locally and around the world.