We came across interesting new jobs at Fisker Inc, Frontier Developments, BOOM Library, and Magic Leap – and they’re looking for a Junior Sound Designer (CA, US), Senior Dialogue Designer (England), Contract Sound Librarian (Remote), and Interactive Audio Designer (Remote – US).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Fisker Inc (CA, US), Audio Software Engineer at Respawn (CA, US), Audio Designer at Double Eleven (England), Junior Audio Designer at Double Eleven (England), Senior Audio Designer at Double Eleven (England), Audio Engineer at Serenity Forge (CO, US), Audio Development Tester at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Audio Director at Ascendant Studios (CA, US), Lead Audio Designer at Playground Games (England), Lead Audio Designer at Redhill Games (Finland), Audio Designer at Ubisoft Shanghai (SH, China), Senior Audio Designer at DONTNOD Paris (France), Audio Programmer at Radical Forge (England), Audio DevQA at People Can Fly (Poland), and Supervising Sound Editor/Re-recording Mixer at Pixelogic Media (CA, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
→ New Composer’s Success Series interviews, on composing for film with Pinar Toprak, Nainita Desai, and Jonathan Snipes
→ Anne-Sophie Mongeau, Philip Eriksson, Gustaf Grefberg and Kristofer Eng about the sound for It Takes Two
→ Working in Sound – with creative powerhouse Jacob Collier
→ Jane Tattersall, David McCallum, and Brennan Mercer about the sonic details of Season 4 of The Handmaid’s Tale
Company: Fisker Inc
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA, US
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.Fisker.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the or App Sore or Google Play store.
Role Overview We are looking for a Junior Sound Designer to join our growing team of auditory experts. You will have the opportunity to grow your sound design and editing skills as we address various audio needs across the company. Our ideal candidate has a passion for “all things audio” and is eager to dive into the future of automotive audio design. Collaborating with the Audio Team, you will be asked to create new sounds for our experiences, edit field recording sessions, address production sound needs, edit podcasts, and fill in other audio gaps across the team as the company grows.Responsibilities
- Assist Sound Designer and Audio Lead in recording, editing, tagging, and maintaining audio assets across Fisker products.
- Collaborate with Audio Team on establishing sonic vision for future Fisker products.
- Curate linear audio content alongside marketing, brand, and video editing teams.
- Eager to develop various audio skills including sound design, audio editing, audio recording, and audio engineering.
- Ability to showcase completed sound design work from past 12-18 months.
- Strong understanding of signal flow, microphones, speakers, and studio troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Reaper, Ableton, or other DAWs of choice.
- Enthusiasm for the automotive industry and electric vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, professional and a positive attitude.
- Tools Experience (Izotope RX, Unity, Unreal)
- Wwise or FMOD Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Audio Scripting Skills (C#, Python, C++)
- Recent Graduate of Music Technology, Audio Engineering, or other related Bachelor program.
- Sound Design Portfolio
Company: Frontier Developments
Location: Cambridge, UK
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
As a Senior Dialogue Designer you will report to the Senior Audio Producer day to day for projects and work closely will all project narrative stakeholders. You will have close collaboration and involvement with project audio, game design, writing and production teams. This is an exciting opportunity for a dialogue specialist to join an award winning AAA studio and raise the bar for creating sonically rich, high-quality game dialogue.Responsibilities:
- Maintain quality control and stylistic consistency for spoken dialogue throughout each title
- Have editorial authority over the writing of spoken game dialogue, as per agreement with project narrative stakeholders
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders to forge working relationships with external writers and build bridges between them and project stakeholders
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders in casting voice actors for voiced character roles as per project demands
- Prepare schedules and budgets for multiple projects
- Work alongside narrative stakeholders in organising character briefs and sample scrips for casting
- Work in partnership with other departments (Design, Localisation, AI, Animation etc) as well as external content providers to create and facilitate a pipeline, documents and foundation for dialogue
- Liaise with the Localisation team to support the successful and efficient localisation of dialogue content, including ensuring the appropriate casting, mastering and engineering of localised files to match final original dialogue production as required on a per-project basis
- Collaborate with internal Tools teams and coders to develop the necessary tools and optimisations for the dialogue/localisation pipeline
- Have experience recording and directing voice actors as well as working with voice directors and recording engineers for voice content
- Experienced with all phases of dialogue production and post-production, including studio recording, on site recording, editing and mastering
- Professional proficiency using audio tools like Reaper, Wwise, Izotope RX, etc.
- Knowledge of signal processing tools such as compressors, limiters, equalisers, etc.
- Proven experience implementing interactive dialogue in game engines (Cobra in our case) and Wwise
- Some experience in voice direction and working with actors and voice directors is preferable
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Company: BOOM Library
The BOOM Library was founded in 2010 by award-winning audio guys from Dynamedion, the biggest European game audio studio based in Mainz, Germany. We pride ourselves on providing high-end, ultimate sound libraries for all media and audio professionals. Our products have a specific edge you will not find anywhere else: Every collection comes with a huge 96 kHz high-definition source library of our original recordings, plus a great variety of pre-designed SFX, ready to use.
For more than a decade, our sound libraries have travelled the multi-coloured world of films, series, and gaming and left bright traces in projects such as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Fortnite, as well as trailers for The Mandalorian, Battlefield V, Black Panther, La La Land, Rogue One just to name a few.
We are currently looking for a Sound Librarian (m/f/x) to work with us bringing a lot of sound files into a given metadata structure (UCS convention). Working remote is not an issue and is even preferred.
The job is project-based and full-time for approximately 6 months, starting June 2021.As a Sound Librarian, you will:
- Bring thousands of sound files into a given metadata structure (UCS convention)
- Rewrite and add descriptions
- Touch, listen to, and document sound files
- Control sonic and technical quality of sound effects
- Native English speaker and perfect in written text
- Highly-organized with strong sense for structures
- Experienced in working with sound effects libraries
- Experienced with metadata for audio
- Experienced using Google Docs/Sheets
- Access to fast internet connection is a plus
We are looking forward to your application and your help!
Company: Magic Leap
Location: Remote (US)
As an Interactive Audio Designer at Magic Leap, you will be an integral part of a small audio design team dedicated to delivering world-class audio user experiences for the Magic Leap platform and first-party applications. You will work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team that defines, designs, and integrates audio experiences and content, ranging from conceptual designs to shipping products.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various design and engineering teams to create and implement audio assets into projects with a quick turnaround
- Rapid prototyping of spatial audio experiences and concept proofs using internal tools
- Work with all aspects of the interactive audio pipeline: asset creation, implementation, mixing, tools development, and collaboration with multiple other disciplines
- Review OS and app-level audio implementation and submit bug reports as needed
- Strong Unity and C# programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement and mix audio assets into complex interactive systems (games, installations, or otherwise)
- Proficient in professional DAW software (Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of AR/VR spatial audio tools
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team
- Well organized with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a great ear
- Pure Data or MaxMSP
- Prior UX design work for AR/VR experiences
- C++, Python, or other similar programming languages
- Android development experience
- Audio Middleware Implementation (Wwise, FMOD)
- Git and Perforce
- Jira, Favro, or other project management tools
- Background in audio QA
- 3+ years interactive audio experience with at least one shipped project
- B.S. in Audio Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.