We came across interesting new jobs at Amazon Games Toronto, Avalance Studios Liverpool, Formosa Interactive UK, and Felix & Paul Studios – and they’re looking for an Audio Design Analyst (ON, Canada), Junior Audio Programmer (England), Sound Supervisor (England), and Technical Sound Designer (QC, Canada).
We also found openings for a Dialogue Sound Designer at Twin Suns Corp (Remote), Voiceover Producer and Audio Engineer at Rockstar New York (NY, US), Music Intern at EA New York (NY, US), Audio Designer and Audio Programmer at Studio Red (Netherlands), Dialogue Editor at Titmouse (BC, Canada), Post-Production Sound Design Instructor at Vancouver Film School (BC, Canada), Seniot Sound Designer at Naughty Dog (CA, US), Sound Designer at Fugo Games (Turkey), and Adjunct Faculty – Audio Production at Full Sail University (FL, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Audio Designer, Senior Audio Designer and Technical Audio Designer at Frontier Developments (England), Associate VO Producer at Riot Games LA (CA, US), and Senior Audio Drama Engineer at Redlight Studios (England).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first.
Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
Company: Amazon Games Toronto
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Do you have game industry experience or game schooling expertise? Are you passionate about being able to provide end-user feedback and integrating your gaming knowledge along with that feedback? Do you want to be part of a new innovative team we are building at Amazon games which will combine both subjective feedback and in-depth comparative analysis?
At Amazon Games, we believe that games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games. We believe that games will produce some of the most influential voices in media and art, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future.Key job responsibilities
As part of our Games Analysis team, you will support all of studios and publishing by providing specific and specialized feedback to help shape our portfolio of games. You and a team of game analysts will partner with a variety of games stakeholders to understand design intentions and provide both subjective feedback and comparative analysis. If you have a passion for playing games, have technical or artistic gaming expertise, and are excited about influencing game features… come play with us!A day in the life
- Deliver feedback and analysis on player experience using your expertise in Audio. Such as: VFX, music, ambience, voice over
- Provide Audio feedback using game tools and or from design documentation
- Understand various audio design intentions from our game portfolio
- Use audio knowledge to create, execute, and maintain test plans
- Works closely with audio game team to provide direct feedback and support
- Analyze audio design intentions while also providing specific competitor comparisons
- Escalate features roadblocks/risks for game feature on how change might impact feedback, behavior or test scope
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma for specific gaming discipline
- Experience/knowledge in one or various of the following video game related fields: UI, level design, level art, audio design and programming (AI, UI, Gameplay, game engine and performance)
- Knowledge of test methodologies, software testing life cycle
- Dedicated gamer for console, PC and mobile while understanding all types of game genres
- Experience in embedded quality assurance or in the video game industry
- Experience in writing video game reviews or participating in feedback forums
- Experience troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Experience is using bug tracking software (JIRA, DevTrack, Bugzilla)
- Experience creating, executing and maintaining test cases
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Company: Avalance Studios Liverpool
Location: Liverpool, UK
Avalanche Studios Group is opening a fourth location, in Liverpool, adding our unique games and culture to the city’s rich gaming heritage and established game development scene.
Do you want to work in the gaming industry and do you have a passion for Audio and Programming? Then we have a great opportunity for you as we're looking to hire a talented Junior Audio Programmer to join our Self Publishing Division in Liverpool!
As a Junior Audio Programmer you'll be able work with a variety of different games (both live and unannounced) within our Self Publishing Division. You'll work with these games to design, develop and maintain sound related systems within our proprietary game engine. This involves using our in-house sound development tools as well as the Wwise middleware API and our C++ game engine code.
You'll work closely with our game teams and sound designers to produce great open world games and you will be an important pillar in our efforts to innovate within the area of sound.
Combined with hands on work you're offered personalized mentorship by our Principal Sound Architect – a great way to leverage your career and knowledge by learning from someone who has been instrumental for the delivery of games like Just Cause, Mad Max and Rage 2.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated person who is good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams. The candidate should also have the ability to plan and carry out programming tasks to required levels of quality and on time.Required qualifications
- 1+ years of professional experience working with
- C++Experience from sound and/or games systems development
- A strong passion for sound and games
- Prior experience as an Audio Programmer, Technical Sound Designer or Sound Designer within the gaming industry
- Experience from working with Wwise and/or fmodScripting (Python or similar)
- Domain knowledge of sound in games
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.Our Values
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of a CV and who can work a few days a week from the office in Liverpool. We support relocation if needed.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
Company: Formosa Interactive UK
Location: London, UK
Formosa is proud to be an Equal Opportunities EmployerAn amazing Demo Reel to showcase your experience and skills should be included in your application if you wish to be considered for this role!
Who we are!
As part of the Streamland Media Group, Formosa (Interactive) is home to elite creative talent, cutting edge technology and world-class management, that provides end to end audio content for global developers and publishers on every screen and platform. Our workflow is collaborative and generates results that are celebrated across the industry. From sound design, cinematic mix, music, voice over and engine integration and implementation – we offer personalised solutions for projects of every size and scope. Our employees represent a culture of ambition and innovation – where our talent is rewarded with generous company benefits, professional development opportunities,training, and competitive salaries.
What we do!
Our team of award-winning sound designers and supervisors deliver custom sound design, sound engineering, sound editing, Foley, linear, runtime mixing, field recording and sound integration to get projects to the next level. With one of the largest proprietary sound libraries in the world, we excel in weapon design, vehicles, magic systems, ambiances and much more for cinematic and gameplay.
What we need!
Formosa Interactive UK is looking for an experienced Sound Supervisor to oversee and support game projects from all perspectives. This is a full-time position with benefits. A flexible combination of remote and on-site work is the norm within our culture of creative collaboration; however the ideal candidate would be based in the London area or within easy commute to our Soho studios.
Our supervisor will set the tone and oversee audio in one or more projects. Put together and manage audio teams for each project, while providing creative leadership and consistent direction. This ‘best of both worlds’ position pairs the individual contributions of sound, music, & systems design with high level oversight. Become part of the growing Formosa Group audio community alongside some of the finest audio professionals across all mediums, where excellence and quality are paramount.
What we need you to do!
- Be part of the creative leadership team of Formosa Interactive
- Work directly with game development teams
- Collaborate with client creative directors and audio directors
- Set the audio aesthetic for projects and creatively direct other designers
- Design game audio systems and oversee their development
- Build audio teams for specific projects
- Oversee the work audio leads, sound designers, and audio implementors
Leadership & People –
- Experience as a Sound Supervisor, Audio Lead or Audio Director at a game development company
- A growth mindset and eagerness to mentor and develop talent
- Cross-discipline collaborative experience, both creative and technical
- Empathy and desire to foster an inclusive environment
- People management experience
- Successfully shipped games as an audio lead/audio director
- High degree of sound design, music design, and/or technical sound design proficiency
- A high-level understanding of the game development process across disciplines
- Big-picture creativity applied to large scale projects
- Experience shipping games with Unreal, Unity, or similar proprietary game editor.
- Experience shipping projects using Wwise audio middleware or similar.
- Familiarity with game audio production pipelines and how to find efficiencies
Company: Felix & Paul Studios
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Felix & Paul Studios
Any company can promise you the Moon, we’ll actually take you there!
Now is your chance to catapult to the forefront of the new field of immersive entertainment as part of the EMMY award-winning team at Felix & Paul Studios. We pride ourselves on bringing awe-inspiring experiences to life through immersive storytelling and are now making experiences where very few have gone before – Space! – all while continuing to explore other uncharted immersive territories.
Now that we have wrapped the latest season of our Space Explorers – The ISS Experience franchise filmed live entirely aboard the International Space Station, we are embarking on an even more ambitious journey: Mission to the Moon (and then, you know, Mars and deep space exploration).
Our content is wowing tens of millions of enthusiasts through THE INFINITE – the world’s largest interactive and social location-based virtual reality experience – and our marquee presence on the Meta Quest platform and the VR platforms of leading telcos, domes and planetariums worldwide.
Come be a part of this extraordinary journey at Felix & Paul Studios and put your skills to work in these new digital frontiers. Buckle-up, because it’s going to be an extraordinary ride… at warp speed!Headspace Studio
A subsidiary of Felix & Paul Studios, Headspace Studio is an award-winning sound studio that’s at the forefront of immersive sound for XR and LBE. Since our founding in 2015 we have partnered with prestigious development and production studios on more than 50 XR projects including several medium-defining pieces.
We are pioneering a new generation of creative and technical audio services companies bridging the gap between traditional linear post-production and interactive audio.Technical Audio Designer
We’re looking for an experienced technical audio designer who can help us create emotionally compelling & technically sophisticated immersive audio for our premium location-based entertainment virtual and mixed reality interactive experiences.
In this role, you will, under the creative supervision of the Audio Director, be the primary point of contact for audio on interactive projects. You will play a key role in overseeing important pillars of these projects. Core responsibilities for this role are technical, but there are opportunities to contribute to the asset creation process. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of audio content development and, as a member of a growing independent studio, you will make a significant impact on the creation of our projects and have your voice heard throughout development.Core Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Contribute to all aspects of authoring, implementation, and spatial mixing for interactive immersive experiences
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, the Audio Director, and the Head of Interactive to assess needs and determine technical approaches for projects
- Collaborate with Interactive Team to design and develop audio tools & runtime systems based on creative vision and technical needs
- Execute & deliver upon audio features and ensure high audio quality bar is met throughout production
- Participate in the prototyping of interactive mechanics, prototypes and experimentation of features in engine and offline via linear sound design and proof of concept previews to demonstrate to the wider team the intent of new audio features and systems
- Create and maintain audio-related documentation to ensure smooth day-to-day execution
- Inform the design of sound assets to quality specifications with foresight of implementation methodology
- Manage audio projects and assets, including data organization, naming conventions, loudness standards, sound class hierarchy, etc.
- Participate in developing new or enhanced technical workflows and tools
- Identify opportunities to improve overall quality of interactive experiences using sound, providing both creative and technical feedback
- Proactively seek out & fix issues present in the existing interactive audio implementations and collaborate with QA Team to troubleshoot & fix audio related bugs
- Minimum five years of experience in game audio or interactive virtual reality development with at least three shipped titles or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with advanced authoring methods using middleware (Wwise) and/or directly in Unity or Unreal native audio systems
- Experience implementing real-time, optimized audio directly in-engine using visual scripting tools such as Blueprints in Unreal
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of DAWs such as Pro Tools or Reaper and industry standard plugins and toolsets (iZotope, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of audio signal processing, mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, etc.
- Good understanding of all common spatial audio concepts such as HRTF & binaural rendering and sound propagation
- Understanding of how to craft presence in VR using spatialized audio in an interactive environment
- Solid grasp of loudness specifications and experience with mixing final audio using middleware and/or in-engine tools (ASWG, etc)
- Demonstrable passion for developing audio & interactive experiences with a high standard for quality
- Attention to detail and ability to oversee large portions of a project
- Able to work effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a project team
- Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback effectively
- Excellent self management, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially while working with groups outside of the audio department
- Excellent work ethic and a positive attitude
- Low-level programming for game logic and/or DSP (C++, MatLab)
Understanding of CPU and memory resource optimization as it relates to audio
Bachelor's degree or higher in audio-related field (i.e., music, audio engineering, sound design, etc.), CS degree a plus
- Creative sound design skills
- Experience with live recording sessions, both in the studio and in the field
- Experience designing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Professional post-production sound design/mixing experience (Film, TV, Ads, etc.), with an emphasis on immersive environments (e.g., ambisonics, surround or Dolby Atmos®)
Our ideal candidate thrives on delivering first-rate audio for immersive & interactive experiences. This person craves collaboration, clarity, and constant communication inside and outside their team, and is excited by the process of turning ambiguity into excellence. A passion for your craft with an inherent desire to learn and grow while sharing your knowledge and expertise with others is the type of team-member that will thrive at our studio.Required Application Materials
- Updated Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter (PDF Preferred)
- Updated Portfolio / Demo Reel
- Showcasing audio feature development or audio implementation examples that you personally contributed to
- Tailor your portfolio to the specific job that your applying for
- Portfolio/Reel breakdown: provide additional notes, references, explanations, etc.
- Provide password if applicable
- Industry-leading projects
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefits plan
- Flexible hybrid workplace model
- A “no crunch” working culture
- An inclusive and safe working environment for everyone including underrepresented and/or marginalized groups
- Relocation assistance available