We came across interesting new jobs at Haven Studios, Scattershot, Ubisoft Düsseldorf, and Ubisoft Québec – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (QC, Canada), Audio Designer (Remote), Audio Programmer (Germany), and Audio Director (QC, Canada).
We also found a total of 10 audio openings at Ubisoft, openings for a Sound Designer at UNIT9 (Europe / Remote), Sound Engineer at Pragmatic Play (Latvia), Sound Designer at Lost Boys Interactive (GA, US), Technical Audio Designer at Ubisoft Stockholm (Sweden), Audio Designer at Raven Software (WI, US), Composer/Sound Designer at Supercell (Finland), and Senior Audio Designer at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Principal Sound Engineer at TTI Floor Care (NC, US), VO Producer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), Audio Producer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), Sound Designer at SEGA Europe (France), Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (England), Technical Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (England / Remote), Senior Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (Canada / Remote), Senior Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (England / Remote), and Senior Tech Sound Designer at PlayStation Global (England / Remote). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Huge sound design contest just launched – enter to showcase your skils and 4 chances to win amazing sound libraries
• Mattia Cellotto shares insights, stories and surprises from the making of his extraordinary ‘Animal Hyperrealism’ sound effects series
Company: Haven Studios
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
- Collaborate with the audio director to define and develop the audio aesthetic of the game.
- Collaborate with the audio director to elaborate and implement the musical direction of the game.
- Proactively identify audio challenges and create innovative solutions to achieve the highest quality sound.
- Implement and mix all sound assets types in Wwise and Unreal 5.
- Keep up to date with cutting-edge sound design techniques and promote its use when beneficial to the game.
- Identify and collaborate with several outsourcers for sound design, voice and music.
- Identify in collaboration with the technical audio director and audio programmers the tools and technologies needed to realize the audio direction.
- Mentor Jr sound design staff in realizing high quality assets both artistically and technically.
- Advocate quality audio to the whole team.
- Experience as Sr. Sound Designer or lead on a AAA title.
- Expert in sound design, mixing and music design.
- Advanced knowledge in field recording and sound synthesis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of audio game technologies and tools.
- Proficient with major DAWs and expert in at least one.
- Proficient with 3d audio techniques such as object based mixing, ambisonics and HRTF.
- Knowledge of current games to benchmark audio.
- Ability to and communicate effectively with all members of the development team.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize your own work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Unreal 4.
- Experience in building and maintaining audio systems in a GAAS environment.
- Deep understanding of audio pipelines and performance constraints.
- Musical training
Scattershot is a team of veterans from the gaming and esports industries hard at work to create our first great multiplayer FPS title. Our team is located globally – in Vancouver, Copenhagen, Zurich and Barcelona – and looking to add an experienced Audio Designer who is passionate about shaping the project.
At Scattershot we are equally passionate about building a great environment where people can grow, develop and work in a sustainable model. We offer 5 weeks of annual vacation and have built our company around remote-first principles.About the job
As an Audio Designer you will bring life to the characters, weapons and worlds of our competitive First Person Shooter.What you will build with us
- Audio production pipelines in Unreal Engine to support the design, implementation, recording and integration of content
- Stylistic audio content that enhances the artistic and gameplay designs
- Gameplay sound effects related to characters, weapons and environments
- UI and other supporting audio assets necessary to immerse the player in their experience
- 3+ years of working in the games industry
- Experienced using the Unreal Engine audio systems
- Solid understanding of the audio needs for FPS titles
- Experience working on games with a strong modding community
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Music composition experience
- Audio programming experience
We are excited to set out on a path to create a fun and inclusive multiplayer game that rewards camaraderie, teamwork, a strong tactical mind and is accessible for all, and here, you own that path just as much as we do. We have equal respect for the legends of the genre as we have desire to innovate. We promise you fun challenges that will put your skills to work5 weeks of vacation
We understand that a sustainable life includes time spent away from the computer. Therefore, we take great pride in tuning out through 5 weeks of vacation in addition to public holidays (relevant for your country of residence).Build strong player and creator focused communities
You will help develop our goal of using cutting edge technology to empower and reward communities around our projects with interests ranging from casual play to esports and even to creators and modding.Sustainable and flexible work life
We set out to create Scattershot to both create great products and a great company where great people can be at their best and enjoy working. Therefore, we celebrate output and good planning, not how many hours you’ve worked. We value individuals and embrace diversity, allowing people flexibility around our shared heartbeat.Remote working from start
We were founded on a remote working model, and our team is located in Canada, Denmark, Switzerland and Spain. You decide your working location, and we will ensure you have tools such as high-speed internet to make it happen. With us, you might work remote, but you won’t feel all alone – we emphasize social, remote initiatives in the team and beyond.Employee stock option plan
Only together we build a strong culture and great games. That’s why each employee is entitled to participate in our stock option programme. You will be granted a stock options package based on your function/experience and annual salary.Need more information?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Nikolaj Nyholm, CEO, email@example.com
Company: Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
As our new Audio Programmer will design and implement audio features for one or more projects, together with the Audio Designer and Audio Lead. Furthermore, you will develop audio tools while working with our proprietary engines as well as the audio middleware Wwise.
- Develop systemic and specific features for several projects
- Develop audio tools in collaboration with Audio Designers and Programmers
- Improve and expand upon existing technology
- Develop future technology beyond state of the art
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing audio systems and audio tools
- Work in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Advise, review and help making tech reusable for multiple projects
- Collaborate with Audio Designers, Voice Designers and the localization team to develop systems for audio implementation
- Share knowledge and expertise among the audio team, supporting Audio Designers in finding technical solution
- Work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions
- Contribute to maintenance of systems and pipeline
- Support multiple teams within Ubisoft with knowledge and practical help
- Write clear and concise documentation on audio systems and tools developed
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming experience in the video game industry
- Familiarity or willingness to learn other languages typically used for tools (e.g. C#, python)
- Experience in programming audio systems and features
- Experience with console development is beneficial
- Debugging, optimization and problem-solving skills
- Tools, workflow and engine development insight
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- At least basic knowledge of audio engineering, signal processing and principles of sound
- Interest in audio topics and understanding of audio vocabulary
- Familiar with the creative side of audio
- Experience with Wwise
We offer an opportunity to work with one of the largest and strongest Audio teams in Ubisoft. Our Audio team have gone through rapid growth and we are now 35+ people working in a fully equipped Audio Studio within Ubisoft Düsseldorf.
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games and all games on Ubisoft Connect for PC
- Gym Subsidy.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare
For more information feel free to take a look at https://duesseldorf.ubisoft.com
Company: Ubisoft Québec
Location: Québec City, QC, Canada
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.JOB DESCRIPTION
As the Audio Director at Ubi Québec, you will ensure the quality of the audio content and its integration as a gameplay element. You will also supervise audio production and make certain that it is in keeping with the game vision.What you'll do :
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio charter based on the creative direction (reference films, games by competitors, design documents);
- Communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed;
- Help select the project engine to ensure that audio needs are considered by assessing existing engines, contributing to the design of the new engine (if applicable) and testing the final engine choice;
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the technical architect and Dare team (technology group);
- Set out the musical direction and the process to select composers, in collaboration with the creative director and sound studio;
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers and technical directors to ensure proper integration;
- Determine project resource needs and set out the budget for the audio group with the producer/associate producer and follow up on the reassignments with the reassignment team, ensuring that employees are integrated with the project HR;
- Ensure that best work practices are implemented and optimized within the team to guarantee the validity and integrity of the data;
- Supervise the work of the audio team from the artistic and technical perspectives by providing individual feedback and/or organizing group audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standard and remains in line with the audio vision;
- Coach team members to foster their artistic and technical development so that they progress in their careers;
- Communicate and share knowledge and experiences with other directors (audio, sound studio, Dare team – technology group) to ensure the effectiveness of the audio community and its evolution within the group, in collaboration with the audio trade director;
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs, in collaboration with the sound studio;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Collaborate with members of the management team to develop the overall vision and help define the gaming experience.
- Communicate the vision and direction defined for the teams so that they can identify the objectives necessary to meet the expectations for the deliverables of the game.
- In Design, lead research, suggestions and prototypes to propose and substantiate recipes and confirm the direction of the game.
- In Production, review the results in the game and give feedback to the teams in order to guide them in achieving the desired quality objectives and validate the achievement of defined qualitative criteria.
- Work in collaboration with the management team and development teams to establish priorities and the feasibility of deliverables and adjust expectations as needed.
- Support problem solving and debug prioritization in collaboration with the team and the various stakeholders.
- Stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in the industry, both technical and content levels, to encourage pipeline improvement, productivity and content quality.
- Mentor the employees under their responsibility
- Meet with employees under their responsibility regularly to give them feedback and help them progress
- Participate in the recruitment of new members of the team and ensure the integration of new employees
- Develop a culture of sharing and push for continuous improvement within its trade community
- Address conflict situations and behavioral issues by seeking support from the HR team or the team's production manager as needed
- Write the annual report and the end-of-project report of the employees under their responsibility and help them identify their growth path
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees or the project as needed.
- College or Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio;
- Computer science training an asset.
- At least eight years’ experience in audio production for video games;
- Delivery of over three AAA games as part of a production team (mandatory);
- Film or TV postproduction experience an asset.
- Ability to communicate a vision;
- Good communication skills;
- Organization skills;
- Ability to influence others;
- Excellent sense of esthetics;
- Ability to provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software;
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Pro Tools, Sound forge, MIDI);
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer;
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment and the research process;
- Knowledge of the audio engines available on the market an asset.
Your CV, highlighting your background, skills, and any games shippedWorking at Ubisoft means
Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.