We came across interesting new jobs at id Software, Gameloft Saigon, High Moon Studios, and Mojang Studios – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (TX, US), Sound Technical Lead (Vietnam), Associate Sound Designer (CA, US), and Sound Designer (Sweden).
We also found openings for a Senior Music Supervisor at Walt Disney Games (CA, US), Audio Director at FuzzyBot (Remote), Assistant Professor of Audio Production at Syracuse University (NY, US), Sound Designer at Mad Head Games (Serbia), Senior Sound Designer at KRAFTON (South Korea), Audio Tools Programmer at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden), and Audio Programmer at IO Interactive (Denmark/Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Preservation Audio Engineer at British Library (England), Dubbing Mixer at Zinc Media Group (England), Foley Artist at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Senior Sound Designer at Striking Distance Studios (CA, US), Senior Technical Sound Designer at KRAFTON (Netherlands), Sound Designer at Vadi Sound (Turkey), Audio Programmer at Lionshead Entertainment (BC, Canada), Assistant Audio Engineer at Scimitar Sound (Ireland), and Sound Designer at Behaviour Interactive (QC, Canada). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Hear what it takes to get started and succeed as a game composer – from multi-award winning composer Jason Graves
• Heighten the fear-factory of your projects with some excellent horror sound effects here
• Primer: Here’s how you can make the most of Wishlists
Company: Id Software
Location: Dallas, TX, US
- Work closely with the Lead Audio, Creative Director and other members of the team to develop all types of audio assets.
- Create high quality sounds for numerous settings, different types of gameplay, visual effects and narrative events.
- Implement audio using tools and technology at hand in close collaboration with game play designers, effect artists and animators.
- Actively learn tools and technology and explore new features in collaboration with programmers.
- Drive the final mixes to establish an overall powerful and polished audio experience through the game.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creating audio for games; including shipping at least one AAA title as audio designer
- In-depth understanding of Wwise (including complex mixing and routing.)
- Ability to make high quality audio samples and process externally created music, VO, and SFX for in-game use
- Skill at post production and mastering
- Excellent working knowledge of modern studio equipment and industry standard audio tools
- Strong sound design & technical skills
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications
- Ability to interface with internal and external development teams
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Able to manage large scale audio asset production
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail
- Deep familiarity with most musical genres
- Strong artistic and creative sense
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Company: Gameloft Saigon
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,700 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft SAIGON Studio: Started from 2004 with the very first studio opened in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, Gameloft had the main mission of porting Java game creation to a few hundred different feature phones. Now we have successfully launched a new creation project: APPLAYDU, which is a hit worldwide among children and parents. We have been standing among the worldwide leaders in mobile gaming industry because we are built on core values that lead our company to innovate and anticipate for the best gaming experience, from mobile phones, smartphones and tablets to set top boxes, connected TVs and consoles.
We are passionate about everything we do – about our games, our company and our industry. We take chances on people, we favor taking a risk on promising aspirants who fit in our culture and project themselves with us over the long term.
We emphasize diversity in all facets of the company, from whom we recruit to how we build teams and studios. It is by combining the diverse talents and backgrounds of our multicultural group that we achieve greatness.
We boldly embrace change and have the means and the will to tackle any endeavor. We are proud of our ability to adapt quickly and evolve, always staying true to our entrepreneurial spirit.
We constantly push ourselves to act as leaders: to take initiative, challenge the status quo, and bring solutions to improve Gameloft every day. We do not shy away from adversity. This is what gives us a competitive edge.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.Job Description
Reporting to the VP of Gameloft For Brands Division and the Audio Manager, the Sound Technical Lead works closely with the different members of the audio team as well as the Gameloft for Brands production teams. The Sound Technical Lead is mainly responsible for (but not limited to) the overall audio of the Gameloft for Brands projects both from an artistic and technical point of view, whether it is music, sound effects and voice overs.Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the recruitment of the audio team members
- Identifying and managing outsourced or freelance audio resources if necessary
- Coordinating the audio requests, the schedule and the members
- Creative and technical supervision of the work of the members
- Creating “best practices” documentation to improve and train the various members
- Designing and producing the audio aspects of the Gameloft for Brands projects
- Optimizing audio settings to fix performance or memory issues
- Evaluating the members and following up on their individual objectives
- The successful candidate's mandate is to build an audio team and to ensure its functionality
- The successful candidate will be able to process all types of audio requests that are assigned to the team while also adhering to deadlines
- The successful candidate will either perform the creative and technical work, or assign it to his team members, or outsource it to qualified 3rd parties and manage them.
- The successful candidate will suggest new ideas with regard to work methods, research and development, etc.
- The successful candidate will deal positively with unexpected events and bring support to their members
- Technical knowledge of digital audio (formats, softwares, etc.)
- The ability to mix and process digital audio
- Strong sound design capabilities. Basic knowledge of music theory.
- Knowledge of audio standards and trends that relate to video games and advertising in all their forms
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, good communicator and fluent in English
- Proactive, pragmatic, with the ability to lead others
- A keen interest in game audio and video games
- Ability to liaise with external parties (for music and voice acting)
- Understanding of game and audio engines (Unity, Wwise, etc.) is an asset
- Basic understanding of audio licensing (music, sound effects and voices) is an asset
- Creative, imaginative and original;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Great communication, presentation and pitching skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly to change;
- Demonstrating flexibility of thinking and accept positive feedbacks from others for improvement;
- Self-disciplined; demonstrating strong motivation and passion at work;
- Proposing training adaptation based on programs evolution;
- Ability to work well in a team and alone. Cooperate with team members and actively provide support;
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines;
- Strong commitment to the final game result and to the company. Willing to work hard to complete the task on-time;
- Meticulousness & quality oriented.
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-up annually
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Company: High Moon Studios
Location: Carlsbad, CA, US
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Associate Audio Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California in working on the Call of Duty franchise. As an Associate Audio Designer at High Moon Studios, you will assist the audio team in recording, editing and implementing sound effects. There will be a heavy focus on in-game implementation and audio bug fixing.Your Mission:
- Design sound effects to be used in-game.
- Sound asset implementation using proprietary tools and scripting logic.
- Collaborate with all other game development disciplines to realize the best possible results.
- Assist with field recordings.
- Industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail is a must, will be working with and wrangling many files and systems.
- Audio recording, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
- Programming or scripting skills is a plus.
- Have proficiency in Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, and audio plugins such as Waves, SoundToys, etc.
- Excellent PC/Mac skills and proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.Our World
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Company: Mojang Studios
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our Audio team! As a Sound Designer, you will contribute to all aspects of sound design, from post-production to implementation, and be dedicated to provide innovative audio in all areas of the Minecraft franchise – games, products and marketing. We value unique, high quality sounds and source control, which means that most of our audio assets are recorded by conducting field and studio recordings. In other words, if we need a dolphin sound – we go visit the dolphins! Further on, you will process created SFX for in-game use and other franchise services. At Mojang Studios, we have a friendly and highly collaborative culture where you will be working with many other teams to ensure that our players have the best experience possible when playing our games. Together with the team you will be making the audio for 100+ millions of players across the world, meaning you'll have an artistic responsibility in expanding the Minecraft universe.Your tasks will include
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, post-production, and implementation as required.
- Record original sounds
- Create high quality audio assets and processes created SFX for in-game use.
- Communicate and collaborate with game designers, visual artists, producers and developers.
- A sense of fun and be able to think laterally – creating sounds, especially for the Minecraft universes, requires creativity and imagination
- Collaborate with your team and others at the company on creating the best audio experience for our players and on ensuring we follow our creative vision for Minecraft
- Knowledge of current audio tools (daws, microphones, outboard gear etc)
- Experience working with sound design in the games industry
- Good knowledge of modern audio equipment, recording techniques, microphones and industry standard audio tools (Reaper, plug-ins, middleware.)
- Experience in conducting field and studio recordings, as well as post production
- Have a great artistic feel for the atmosphere of games
- Have good organizational skills to deal with the amount of sound effects and music required for games and to coordinate recording sessions
- The team values inclusivity, diversity, transparency and collaboration – as you’ll be working closely with us, we hope you’ll feel the same way!
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!