We came across interesting new jobs at LEGO Design, Media Molecule, The Farm 51, and Sucker Punch – and they’re looking for a Senior Manager of Sound Design (Denmark), Senior Principal Sound Designer (England), Technical Sound Designer (Remote), and Audio Programmer (WA, US).
We also found openings for a Dialogue Coordinator at Insomniac Games (CA, US), Senior Dialogue Coordinator at Insomniac Games (CA, US), Audio Manager at Insomniac Games (CA, US), and Audio Designer at nDreams (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Recording & Mixing Engineer at Amitiouz Entertainment (South Africa), Senior Audio Technical Support Engineer at HHB Communications (England), Senior Embedded Audio Systems Engineer at Interfacio (Austria), Voice Over Artist at QZ Consulting (Electric Car Company) (Denmark), Audio Director at Quantic Dream (France), Lecturer in Music Production at Edge Hill University (England), Audio Programmer at Eidos Montréal (QC, Canada), Senior Audio Programmer at Eidos Montréal (QC, Canada), Associate Sound Designer at Defacto Job (Remote), Sound Designer at Bad Robot Games (CA, US / Remote), Music Designer at Sixiéme Son (France), and Production Assistant at KWS London (England).
Please note, if you’re having trouble viewing the LinkedIn job opportunities, ensure that you’re a member of the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group – and if not, simply join the group here.Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• For the first time, get the story behind the sound of all four seasons of Stranger Things in one place.
• Ruy Garcia on Making the Playful Sound of Marcel the Shell With Shoes On.
Company: LEGO Design
Location: Billund, Denmark
We are looking for a people leader and strategic problem solver with experience in Sound Design, who is curious to join our interaction design journey to bring interactive play experience to live through audio elements and sounds.
In this role as a Senior Manager (Sound Design Lead), you are bringing interactive products to market by designing playful and viable connected experiences, and leading designers who create and design products that delight and inspire our audiences globally. You will:
• Lead the Sound Design vision and direction, and demonstrate skills to deliver audio design, guide designers, and drive cross-functional collaboration with marketers, project managers, other design fields and audio engineering
• Establish audio strategy, value proposition, audio branding, platform thinking, licensing, design process, and plan for capacity & demand in Sound Design
• Establish strong and effective partnerships with project leadership across the product development cycle
• Take an active role to advocate Sound Design and Interaction Design, engage in projects across LEGO Design, i.e., community engagement, mentorship, training programs
• Act as a leadership role model in a leadership playground, be brave, focused, and curious leading in a creative design environment
LEGO Design is the home of more than 400 Designers of all trades and the nucleus of innovation for the LEGO Group. Our mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.
We are reimaging the boundaries of Interaction Design and how sounds can be an active part to transform the play experience. You will join the Interaction Design Team in Billund, Denmark, who are driving and supporting interactive play innovation for novelty product experiences. As our Senior Manager, you will lead with design expertise, people leadership skills, and build capabilities and talents in a caring, fun, and creative way through solid collaboration and communication with Head of Interaction Design and key partners across the organization
To thrive in this position, we imagine that you would have:
• 8-10+ years of work experience demonstrating expertise to lead, design, conceptualize, prototype, and implement Sound Design to both digital and physical play experience
• 4-6 years of experience with people leadership potentially from large, diverse and agile organizations or even from a start-up company
• Theoretical background in Sound Design or other relevant fields
• Hold proficiency level in English communication skills (spoken & written)
Proven skills in the areas below are preferable:
• Soundscapes, SFX, Foley, VO recording, Compositionmusic composition, synthesized audio, audio/visual sync
• Unity, Wwise/Fmod, Max/MSP and Digital Audio Workstations (DAW)
• Synthesized audio/Modulation (Content focused in AudioworX/IPC) software
• Audio Tech Scouting (New audio technologies (e.g. Audio AI, Voice recognition)
Moreover, you would be a person who takes initiative and ownership when driving solutions. You pay attention to details, own strong systematic thinking, and a passion in creating playful, emotional moments. Lastly, you show the ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations.
Please share in English your CV, motivational letter, and portfolio. It is mandatory to upload a portfolio (maximum upload size per file is 2 MB. If you have more to share than the 2 MB, you can add a link clearly highlighted in the CV).Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
• Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
• Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
• Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
• Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
• Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
• Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, UK
It’s a great time to be part of the Media Molecule team as the studio undergoes an exciting period of growth and evolution. We are now looking for a talented Senior Principal Audio designer to join our Audio team and help with our award winning, user-created content project, Dreams.
This is without doubt, one of the best Audio roles around!
There’s huge scope for impact in this role, with ownership and autonomy in both musical and audio design. Alongside the Head of Audio, you will be defining the vision for sound in mm’s varied portfolio of projects. The Senior Principal Sound designer will take ownership of a product area, assess its needs, create the necessary sounds, and guide any additional work that needs to be taken on (e.g. handling a session musician or VO recording session etc.) They will be a representative of the audio discipline within the studio and in the wider world.What are we looking for?
- Ability to produce sounds that inspire and impress us. They should understand what is required to make a game sound good and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and affinity with the style and tone of Media Molecule products.
- A proven track record of seeing projects from concept to completion, taking responsibility for project vision, explaining and demonstrating this to the team and communicating with and working alongside other disciplines to achieve these goals.
- An intimate knowledge of sound recording, mixing, editing etc. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of using at least one game sound implementation system. E.g. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc.
- A working knowledge of an in-game implementation system or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role.
- Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- Show you understand the purpose of Dreams, the principles behind it and the way it functions. Experience with Dreams is an advantage but not essential.
- The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. The ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
- Previous experience in the games industry
- A proactive, creative and collaborative approach
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel showing footage featuring your work. Please make sure your showreel is short and to the point – no more than 1:30 in length. Show us your best work, and your ability to make some editorial choices too!Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
Company: The Farm 51
Currently, we are looking for a talented Technical Sound Designer to join our award-winning Chernobylite Team. On top of some final tinkering on the title, The Team has just started working on a brand new, exciting unannounced title – as a Sound Designer you will have a true impact on the audio background of the game with a huge room for your creativity and ideas – you want to embrace a new challenge and develop your career with some true enthusiasts who know their grid like no one – apply today and let’s create some amazing games together!Responsibilities
- integrating and implementing audio content within a game (sound effects, voiceovers, and music) in Wwise and Unreal Engine (Blueprints).
- managing audio content of the game: preparing and acquiring assets, naming convention adherence, loudness standards, WWise hierarchy creation, etc..
- designing and improving audio tools, systems and features in line with a given project need..
- optimising audio development process..
- close cooperation with all the departments in order to maintain a coherent audio-visual concept of the game.
- at least 2-year experience on a similar role in the gamedev industry,
- very good command of WWise,
- experience in audio implementation in the game engines (preferably Unreal Engine 4/5),
- good knowledge of audio editing tools,
- English language proficiency that allows smooth understanding of the technical documentation and communication within a team,
- creativity and independence.
Company: Sucker Punch
Location: Bellevue, WA
Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima, is looking for an Audio Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. When you are playing a game, can you close your eyes and feel the space you are in? Is it large or cramped, an open field or an echoing valley? Does it have insects, birds or small creatures scurrying around? Can you tell if there are enemies nearby, and how the music can accentuate the feeling of calmness or immediate danger? If yes, our talented audio team generates gigabytes of raw creativity, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to investigate, define, create and deploy features from data entry in one of our creation tools, through the asset building pipeline, into the engine, culminating in a great game experience. Whether you are working on missions, UI, music, dialogue, or special effects, this is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from user facing tools, all the way to the nut and bolts of the engine.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
- Analyze and enhance existing features, and support the artists and designers using them
- Work with audio and other dev teams to design and develop new features for our engine, from user input to awesome game experiences
- Work closely with audio team and lead programmer to develop and integrate new technologies into our game engine in support of enhancing the audio experience
- Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required for authoring workflows
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large engine features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid 3D math skills
- Passionate about making great games
- Experience building core audio technologies (DSP, sound propagation, occlusion/obstruction, etc.)
- 3+ years of academic or personal experience in sound systems programming
- Experience with Wwise
- A sense of humor