We came across interesting new jobs at Media Molecule, Climax Studios, Quantic Dream, and Odyssey Interactive – and they’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer (England), Technical Audio Designer (England), Lead Audio (France), and Senior+ Sound Designer (ON, Canada).
We also found openings for an Audio Producer at PlayStation Europe (England), Sound Design Career Advisor at Vancouver Film School (BC, Canada), Lead Audio at Quantic Dream (France), Dialogue Designer at Supermassive Games (England), Voice Designer at Ubisoft Bordeaux (France), Senior Audio Developer at Schell Games (PA, US), Principal Acoustic Systems Engineer at Harman (CA, US), Dubbing Mixer at BBC Scotland (Scotland), Experienced Sound Designer at Lucid Games (England), Dialogue Designer at Supermassive Games (England), Head of Music Solutions at YouTube Singapore (Singapore), Director of Podcast Production at Warner Music Group (CA, US), and Senior Audio Designer at 31st Union San Mateo (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs group also has opportunities for a Senior Technical Sound Designer at Lionshead Entertainment (BC, Canada), and Senior Sound Designer and Sound Designer at Sound Lab (CA, US / Remote). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Supervising sound editor Brad North takes you behind the sound for HBO’s excellent Mare of Easttown
• Insights and tips from Kip Smedley – from 16 years of doing audio for advertising
• Your chances to win Rob Bridgett's Leading With Sound
• The very latest in sound effects
Company: Media Molecule
Location: Guildford, UK
It’s a great time to be part of the Media Molecule team as the studio undergoes an exciting period of growth and evolution. We are now looking for a talented senior sound designer to join our Audio team and help with our award winning, user-created content project, Dreams. This is without doubt, one of the best Audio roles around. There’s huge scope for impact in this role, with ownership of both musical and audio design. The senior sound designer will take ownership of a product area, assessing its needs, creating the necessary sounds, and guiding any additional work that needs to be taken on (e.g. handling a session musician or VO recording session etc.)What are we looking for?
- Ability to produce sounds that inspire and impress us. They should understand what is required to make a game sound good and be able to demonstrate that knowledge with examples of work.
- An intimate knowledge of sound recording, mixing, editing etc. They should have experience recording different material, and an understanding of all the practicalities involved.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of using at least one game sound implementation system. E.g. Wwise, FMOD, Unity, Unreal etc.
- a working knowledge of an in-game implementation system or have used some form of scripting language. Experience with logic is an important part of this role.
- Demonstrable knowledge using systems like UE4 Blueprints, Max MSP or other visual logic systems is highly desirable.
- The candidate should show some musical knowledge and composition skills. The ability to compose and engineer music is an important feature of this post.
- Previous experience in the games industry
- A proactive, creative and collaborative approach
We are accepting applications from people with varied levels of experience.
To apply for this position please submit your CV & show-reel showing footage featuring your work
If you can, please make sure your showreel is short and to the point – no more than 1:30 in length. Show us your best work, and your ability to make some editorial choices too!
This is a permanent position.Before you apply
People of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Media Molecule is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.Tips for getting hired!
• Words are not enough! We need to see what you make: a portfolio, showreel, demo…send us a curated selection of your work that shows just the pieces you’re most proud of. Don’t be afraid to show us your personal work alongside your professional projects… just make sure we have your best creations to look at. We’re certainly excited to see portfolios made in Dreams as well.
• Be yourself. We are a studio that encourages our team think creatively, to play with new technology and jam on individual ideas. We love seeing the personality of everyone at Media Molecule reflected in Dreams and so it’s YOU and YOUR STYLE that we are interested in learning about.
• Embrace collaboration. Dreams is a very collaborative project and Media Molecule loves a game jam, so we need team members that can work well together – sometimes across departments that don’t traditionally overlap. Maybe you already work on a team, or manage a guild or play in a band – we’d love to hear how you get on collaborating with others.
• Go for it. Media Molecule is filled with people with all sorts of previous experiences – straight from university, from jobs outside the industry, from AAA studios and indie ones, etc. We are after people who fit the roles we are hiring for not a specific number of years in the industry. Some roles benefit from certain experience, of course, but otherwise we are very open. We make creative games, and creativity is something we all enjoy. If you are interested then please apply – and don’t forget that portfolio!
What you get
On top of all the things we already mentioned, you’ll also get to be part of a talented, diverse team of people, get a tip top benefits package, including private health and life insurance, income protection and all that jazz, a competitive salary, a winning bonus scheme, a personal development fund, being a name and not a number, free lunches, organic fruit, and really comfy chairs. Our main studio is based in Guildford, and we now also have a small office in Brighton.
If the all of those job requirements seem to be describing you, and you like the sound of working at Media Molecule, then you should apply at once!
Company: Climax Studios
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are looking for a talented and highly enthusiastic Technical Audio Designer to join our award winning development team.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to develop and / or port audio systems and tools
- Manage audio date budget, Wwise session organization, SoundBank structure and loading, and run-time audio optimisations
- Documenting audio systems
- Producing high-quality assets with great attention to detail and fit for a variety of game genres
- Three years commercial experience, with at least one shipped title on console / multi-platform
- Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of Wwise
- Proficient knowledge of industry standard game engines, such as Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of game audio design from concept through to final implementation in-game (via show-reel)
- Knowledge and experience with building and maintaining modern audio systems in AAA titles
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound for games
- Experience with DAWs (Reaper is a plus)
- Music composition in a variety of genres
- Proficiency with scripting using Unreal Blueprints
- Coding or Scripting experience (especially in C# or C++)
- Basic understanding of DSP and audio programming skills
Company: Quantic Dream
Location: Paris, France
Long term positionJob description
As part of its development program, and for its ambitious forthcoming productions, QUANTIC DREAM is recruiting a Lead Audio.
Managing a team of 3-4 people, you will contribute and develop the vision and implementation of all the audio/sound design aspects of projects under development.In close collaboration with the Creative Director, your role will be as follows:
- Supervising the creation of a unique audio identity, in particular for a very ambitious AAA project, in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the Artistic Directors;
- Supervising and managing the team of Sound Designers;
- Supervising and managing the workflow of all audio productions;
- Managing Performance Capture on the Motion Capture stage;
- Creating and ensuring the creation of all audio assets, such as Foley and SFX recordings;
- Responsibility for audio integration in the build;
- Responsibility for mixing all the audio tracks in the build;
- Supervising recordings with Air, Abbey Road and other studios.
- Creating the guidelines and prerequisites and following up/collaborating in the creation of audio pipeline integration tools for projects developed by the company;
- Collaborating and communicating with all the studio’s other departments and services;
- Managing the schedules and budgets for Sound Design/audio in close collaboration with the Production Director;
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of the audio equipment for the sound studio and for Performance Capture;
- Being proactive in the development/creation of audio features and finding solutions to technical challenges;
- Supporting and improving the development process;
- Managing, supervising, mentoring and training the existing team of 3 Sound Designers;
- Leading/reviewing the quality of audio deliverables throughout the production cycle.
- Providing technological monitoring.
- You have a track record of around ten years’ experience in video game development in a similar position for AAA productions.
- You are passionate about the video games and film industry, and have solid training in audio and music.
- Significant experience in multichannel mixing (5.1/ Atmos) (mixing experience in the film or TV industry would be an advantage)
- Thorough knowledge and mastery of the industry’s Loudness and mixing standards
- Good knowledge of the Wwise audio engine (Fmod or equivalent proprietary engine)
- Expert in linear audio (ProTools, Nuendo, Waves, Flux)
- Expert in Sound Design
- Good knowledge of studio audio equipment and recording techniques (Voice, Sound Effects, Motion Capture)
- A well-honed vision of the game experience and a very good eye for detail
- Ability to work in highly iterative processes
- You are a good listener, are quick to understand and are able to interpret needs
- You are a meticulous and methodical self-starter with curiosity and team spirit – these are essential qualities to be a good fit in our friendly organization.
- Skills in time-management, and the ability to apply these principles effectively via schedules and deadlines.
- A proactive attitude, seeking to improve your skills and knowledge, and to share them with other team members.
- You have a positive professional attitude and can communicate effectively with other teams; you have the interpersonal qualities needed to develop constructive relationships with your contact persons.
- Excellent managerial and team leadership skills.
- You take the initiative and are proactive.
- Your creativity and practical approach help you find and apply the best solutions to move forward.
- You want to be involved in innovative, high added-value projects.
- Business English
Company: Odyssey Interactive
Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Do you love the idea of getting to define and execute on the audio strategy for a brand new game, and brand new IP and build it from the ground up? Do you have a flair for creativity, and a passion for solving audio challenges in all manner of areas in games (characters, spells, UI etc). We're looking for a senior+ sound designer to join our team to help us bring our world and characters to life!Key Duties
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Inform and help build an audio pipeline using modern audio middleware and creation tools
- Collaborate with Designers, Artists, and Engineers to bring cohesive experiences to to life in game at our quality bar
- 5 years experience in a sound design position on a cross disciplinary team in games
- Professional experience with sound design of characters, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
- Experience with modern sound design tools like DAWs, plugins, synths
- Experience with audio middleware like Wwise, FMOD, Miles
- Passion for multiplayer PvP games
- Effective working autonomously, we want you to feel comfortable allocating your time wisely, making good on your commitments
- Strong analytical skills that aid in the understanding and articulating what makes games great
- Solid team player. We're looking for folks excited to be part of a small team with ambitious dreams, and you should act in ways that has others excited to work with you.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you're covered on that front
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it
- Competitive salaries that value your experience and dedication
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out
- Relocation assistance, and immigration where applicable.
Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to be the most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen – and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we fell in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics – and are excited to try to build a highly innovative, player focused studio with an awesome team…a team that you could be a part of!