We came across interesting new jobs at Team Junkfish, Rovio, 11 bit studios, and Ubisoft Toronto – and they’re looking for an Audio Lead (Remote), Audio Intern (Finland), Junior Sound Designer (France), and Technical Audio Director (ON, Canada).
We also found openings for a Sound Designer at Flying Wild Hog (Poland), Audio Developer at Amazon Games Montréal (QC, Canada), General Audio Application at Crystal Dynamics (CA, US), Lead Producer at Twin Swans (England / Remote), Senior Games Producer at Netflix (CA, US / Remote), Principal Audio Software Engineer at High Moon Studios (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Lost Boys Interactive (Remote), Studio Tech (Audio) at PlayStation Global (England), Senior Sound Designer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), and Career Development Audio Arts Advisor at Full Sail University (FL, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Music Composer at HakJak (Remote), Graduate Audio Designer at Improbable (England), Audio Producer at AMA (England), Audio Programmer at Flying Wild Hog (Poland), Post Production Runner at Splice (England), and Show Audio Designer at Meow Wolf (NM, US / Hybrid). Happy job hunting!
Company: Team Junkfish
Junkfish are looking for a talented audio lead with a strong knowledge of game audio techniques and production methods to join our development team in Scotland in a full-time capacity.
You will need to be passionate about creating stunning, high quality, and realistic audio assets for games; talented and highly motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
As a sound designer, you must be creative and versatile. You will be creating various audio assets necessary for the monthly content pushes and milestones and will be able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner.
We encourage candidates to apply regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other diversifying factor, as we strive to improve equal opportunities and accessibility within the industry.Responsibilities
- Together with the creative director and creative leads, define and uphold audio vision for all company projects, both on a creative and technical level, while ensuring professional audio quality is met and the vision is effectively communicated.
- Oversee all aspects of audio development and implementation regarding sound assets, dialogue, music, and mix across all company projects.
- Conceptualize audio features and best practices to support audio content creation and implementation across all company projects.
- Define audio pipelines and infrastructures to support audio implementation systems and toolsets (voice pipelines, audio-build systems, music systems, etc.).
- Research and advocate for game audio technologies that best allow the team to deliver the best possible audio experience for company projects.
- Design and implement audio assets that help achieve the project's overall creative vision.
- Delegate tasks to department team members and make sure they have work assigned to them on Jira.
- Review work done by audio team to make sure that tasks are created to specifications outlined and is at a high standard. Run quarterly reviews to help identify areas or improvement.
- Actively identify, troubleshoot, debug and prioritize audio issues across company projects.
- Assist in the recruitment of internal and outsourced audio talent and potential training opportunities for existing team members.
- Create and maintain audio-related documentation.
- With aid from the other leads and Creative Director, help write up the Milestones, Epics and Stories to be used to guide the project's key deliveries. Identify risks within the schedule and projects and suggest changes.
- Work with Production to verify that tasks, milestones, and deliverables are well-defined and achievable as it pertains to audio. Help analyse project features to make sure success criteria is agreed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, including the shipping of at least one title in a lead or audio position.
- Excellent understanding of game audio pipelines, industry standard audio production tools, and audio recording techniques.
- Familiarity with a variety of audio middleware applications. (Wwise, FMOD, etc)
- Workable knowledge in using a games engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Collaborative attitude; receptive and adaptive to change and feedback.
- Able to manage large-scale audio asset production.
- Great communications skills
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong artistic and creative sense
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Salary: GBP 35,000 – 41,000/year Location: Glasgow, UK (Remote options available)
Skills and Role: We are open to promising candidates that may not meet the requirements listed.Next Steps
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Rovio's award-winning audio team defines how our games and products sound and how audio should be used at Rovio. We are extremely passionate about all things revolving around audio and we pride ourselves in creating immersive and emotionally engaging adaptive audio experiences.
As an Audio Intern you will be able to join our audio team for 3 months and learn the ins and outs of how to create world class audio for games by working closely with game audio industry veterans. This is a paid internship with 2300€ per month.
Please submit both your CV as well as a cover letter.What your days will look like:
- Assist the audio team in their day to day work by doing audio QA, sound design, audio recording, editing and processing, documenting and archiving
- Learn day to day audio design workflows, techniques and solutions
- Join discussions, workshops, and other audio department activities
- Chance to work with other teams and improve our games
- Experience in sound design for games and other media
- Knowledge and knowhow of audio editing and processing
- Knowledge and knowhow of microphones and studio / location recording
- Knowledge of a DAW of your choice, including standard plugins and effects, Reaper knowledge is a plus
- Self-starter attitude and ability to tackle problems independently
- Good communication and team collaboration skills
- Curiosity in casual mobile games
- Experience in game audio development
- Experience in using the Unity game engine
- Understanding of music composition
- Knowledge in game design
- Knowledge in programming
Please note that there is no one “perfect” candidate and we don’t expect applicants to meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position resonates with you, we hope you will apply even if you don't believe you tick all the boxes. You may be the person we’re looking for!Recruitment process:
- You will have a chat with the Head of Audio and Lead Sound Designer. We want to know who you are and what motivates and inspires you. We will also dive deeper into your qualifications and skills in audio. You will have an opportunity to learn more about Rovio and the specifics of the role and ask questions.
We are looking to fill this position quickly and may close the job advertisement as soon as we move to the interview stage of the process. If you would like to take on this adventure, apply for the job now through our job portal! (Please note that we currently don't support relocation for intern positions).
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
Company: 11 bit studios
Location: Marseille, France
For The Alters, we are looking for a Junior Sound Designer to help us create sounds for our project. You will be able to join people who are excited and motivated to create something cool and meaning at the same time. We can’t tell you what sounds you’ll be creating, but we can tell you what tasks are ahead of you:
- Design and production of sound effects and sound materials using sound libraries and recordings
- Integrating in-game audio assets using Wwise and UE5
- Working closely with the Design and Art department to create an immersive audio experience for existing gameplay mechanics and narrative parts
- Basic knowledge of Wwise
- Basic knowledge of Unreal 4 or 5
- Familiarity with DAW software
- Proactive approach to work
- Very good communication skills
- Knowledge of English at min. B2
- Experience in integrating audio for games
- Experience in projects as a Sound Designer (or similar)
- Experience with EU Bluprints tool or similar visual scripting tool
- Voice mastering skills
- Willingness to make recordings (field recording)
- Basic knowledge of Reaper
- Training budget
- Annual bonus
- Private medical care and a multisport card
- English lessons
- Possibility of using private psychological help
- Trips to industry events
- A modern office in the vicinity of the Wileński Railway Station and the Eastern Railway Station
Company: Ubisoft Toronto
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
The daily life of a Technical Director (Audio) at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Help with creating, improving and integrating audio features, systems, resources, and content in the game at different levels of complexity;
- Assist in maximizing audio quality and aesthetic realisation.
- Use the middleware and the visual scripting tools in game engine;
- Coordinate and act as a bridge between the audio department and other Technical Directors to ensure that audio features can be successfully integrated in areas within a game.
- I.e., Projects our studio works on may include areas like missions, open world systems, mini games, DLCs, etc.;
- Collaborate closely with the Audio Director, Audio Programmers and Sound Designers
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the technical architect and programming Team;
- Maintain the audio project structure ensuring that the audio workflow, system resources, filename conventions and audio quality is consistent;
- Create and design audio systems such as music systems, dialogue, navigation, weapons, vehicles, etc.;
- Design and improve audio tools with the programming department;
- Produce and maintain documentation about systems, techniques and best practices for other team members;
- Be the technical point of contact for all technical audio issues – be a reference for team members, assist, support and advise colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in audio, or professional training in audio;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in audio production and implementation for video games (such as a senior Sound Designer or Audio Integrator);
- Must have shipped a minimum of one AAA game as part of a production team;
- Participated in the debugging process;
- Proven experience with both technical and creative expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of audio engines and middleware such as Wwise, Fmod, etc.;
- Knowledge of visual scripting’s like Blueprint or node-based scripting interface;
- Extensive knowledge of audio pipelines for gameplay, narrative, and cinematics;
- Knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound forge);
- Experience designing/creating tools (Python, LUA, C++, C#);
- Organization skills;
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work;
- Engaged in both leadership and collaboration;
- Solid team player;
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity;
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency;
- Ability to understand and communicate in both technical and plain language;
- Passion for video games and the desire to have fun at work!
- Film or TV postproduction experience an asset;
- Good understanding of Office suite;
- Game design training is an asset;
- Experience with engines and/or other similar platforms.
- A hybrid, flexible work model
- Six weeks of vacation
- An enhanced parental leave program
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Package:
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Extended medical insurance
- (Optional) RRSP contribution
- Relocation Assistance
- Bonus (If Applicable)
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, an enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
We encourage you to read our Code of Conduct prior to applying. It is our collective responsibility at Ubisoft Toronto to maintain a respectful and inclusive work environment, and be the best possible place to work and grow. Knowing and respecting our Code of Conduct’s principles and guidelines is key to achieving that goal.Join Us!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of our player community, is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team and embodies our core values – trust, integrity, excellence and care.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQIA+.If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.