We came across interesting new jobs at Oculus VR, Donkey Crew, CD Projekt Red, and Riot Games LA – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (NY, US), Sound Designer (Poland), Audio Manager (Poland), and Sound Design Intern (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Producer at swizzle kiss (Germany), Sound Engineer at Deloitte (TG, India), Audio Engineer at Virufy (Remote), Sound Engineer at United Music Group (England), Sound Engineer at Ad Warior (England), Audio & Acoustic Engineer at Zound Industries (Sweden), Audio Tuning Intern at Dolby Shenzen (SZ, China), Senior Sound Designer at CD Projekt Red (Poland), Audio Programmer at DONTNOD (France), Audio Editor at Pole To Win (England), Audio Producer at POLITICO (VA, US), Audio Producer at Audacity (PA, US), Audio Producer at The New York Times (NY, US), Audio Producer at BlackRock (NY, US), Podcast Producer at Bloomberg LP (NY, US), and Freelance Audio Engineer at COOKITUPSTUDIOS (NY, US).
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Sound Supervisor James Mather on the Refined Sound of Ridley Scott’s ‘House of Gucci’.
• Discover 16 sound effects libraries that made a big impact in the sound community this year.
• Go behind Deathloop’s great game audio, with Audio Director Michel Trémouiller.
Company: Oculus VR
Location: New York, NY, US
Facebook Sound Design is looking for a Sound Designer to join our award-winning team. Help create the future of remote presence designing sound for Horizon, Facebook’s flagship Social VR Experience. This is a hands-on position crafting and implementing all kinds of sounds, using traditional production pipelines as well as helping develop the creator-facing tools in the product. The ideal candidate can work effortlessly across styles and genres, has an ear for quality, and a ready sense of curiosity and sonic adventure — open to feedback and iteration, always willing to try something new, and able to execute crisply on a fast-paced team.
- Design and implement innovative, high-quality sounds supporting the Social VR experience
- Help specify, create, and curate the creator-focused sound library
- Be the “first creator”. Use the app’s tools to work with sound in the product and provide constructive feedback
- Support additional Sound Designers from the central team working on Horizon
- Follow best practices as established for the product
- Participate in quality reviews, giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Advocate for audio and champion quality throughout the product
- 3+ years of professional sound design and implementation experience focused on high-quality games or other interactive experiences
- Experience in a varied aesthetic sense and an understanding of sonic experiences, and experience executing at a high level across genres and styles
- Experience working with spatialized audio in an interactive environment
- Experience working directly in game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.), and with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems on large teams (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced and quickly evolving environment
- Experience working in AR/VR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: Donkey Crew
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Donkey Crew is looking for experienced developers to join our international team, based in the beautiful city of Wrocław, Poland. If you are enthusiastic about making great PC and Console games in an inspiring and growing environment, this is the job for you.Some of what you’ll do:
- Produce and manipulate sound assets.
- Design and implement sound effects within Unreal Engine 4’s audio engine.
- Use and help to develop custom in-house tools and sound systems.
- 2+ years experience in sound design for games
- At least one PC/console title published, where you were a core member of an audio team
- Recording experience, both in studio and field
- Experience in working with UE4’s audio engine
- Good knowledge of UE4’s blueprints
- Good knowledge of DAWs
- Experience with using sound libraries and VSTIs
- Experience in working with voiceovers
- Good communication skills in English
- Competitive salary
- Chance to work in a cool and relaxed small team of very passionate people where you can make a real impact
- Flexible working hours
- You can work fully remote or onsite in our office in Wrocław
- Possibility of relocation support for foreigners aiming to work onsite after the end of the pandemic; including social security, health insurance, and general assistance with settling
Company: CD Projekt Red
Location: Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.Job Description
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an Audio Manager. The person in this position will work closely with our Audio team in order to achieve the highest quality of game audio experience possible. They will maintain our Audio team's schedule, manage tasks and the team's workload, ensure constant information flow both internally and externally, establish strong communication and create a positive working environment. They will also support our Audio Director in managing the team. If you think you’re up for the challenge, don’t hesitate and apply 🙂Daily Responsibilities
- Enhancing the change and guiding team culture to build a highly engaged team.
- Inspiring and motivating a safe work environment for the team.
- Working closely with audio leadership to facilitate staffing across each discipline team.
- Supporting Audio leadership to manage the overall scheduling, balance workloads and understand the priorities.
- Improving pipelines, methods within the team to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of Audio Production.
- Ensuring effective and smooth collaboration between Audio team members and each project/product development team.
- Taking ownership in ensuring the strong communication and collaboration with each cross discipline team.
- Maintaining solid work relationships with external partners to aim for the highest quality required for the projects.
- Supporting team members to resolve any issues and conflicts between teams and projects within the agreed boundaries.
- At least 3 years of experience in coordinating in team management roles within film, TV or games development in producer or manager role with the team of 10 or more.
- A strong understanding of schedules, pipelines, and dependencies developing AAA games.
- Exceptional communicational skills and strong project and team management skills.
- Experience in supporting and contributing in creating safe and positive work environment.
- Proficiency in English.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with a personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines, and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. 🙂
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Company: Riot Games LA
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
As a Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multidisciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
As a Sound Design Intern on League of Legends or Legends of Runeterra, you will be focused on designing sound and audio content for various product teams, with creative guidance and insight from product leads and initiative audio leads. You will also be endlessly creative, and motivated to level up in craft and process to make your ideas a reality for players. With direction and feedback, you can hit the quality of your craft, and are always hungry to apply what you have learned to the next challenge.
Please note, you will not be involved in the creation or production of music.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and execution of audio for characters, skin-lines or other recurring features.
- Develop constructive working relationships with others to achieve team goals.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand appropriate processes for audio content delivery.
- Collaborate with central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects using industry standard methods and tools.
- Navigate discipline and team feedback.
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline.
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the holistic game audio process (i.e. – Sound Design, Voice Over, Technology, Player Experience)
- Proficiency with sound design creation tools (i.e. – ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and techniques
- Knowledge of sound design and voice over implementation methods
- Knowledge of one audio middleware (i.e. – Wwise, Fmod)
- Familiarity with overall game engine technology (i.e. – Unreal, Unity)
- Experience working within collaborative team environments
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!Reel Submission Advice
- Reel should showcase audio work to visuals
- Reel may contain work from school projects that are a fit for this internship
- Ideally showcases game audio work, though audio work for linear media (films, trailers etc.) is also okay
- It should specify your exact contribution in cases where you are highlighting a group project
- Reel should NOT include music work, as this internship is not focused on music
**Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PTOur Perks
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.