We came across interesting new jobs at Oxide Games, PitStop Productions, Smilegate, and Liquid Swords – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Designer (MD, US), Sound Designer (England), Audio Programmer (Spain), and Audio Programmer (Sweden).
We also found openings for an Audio Designer at Rockstar Dundee (Scotland), Manager of Music Production at Netflix (Japan), Junior Audio Producer at The Athletic (England), Senior Audio Creative Producer at Berklee College of Music (MA, US), Senior Sound Designer at Firaxis Games (MD, US), Senior Audio Engineer at Vertigo Studios (Netherlands), Player Experience Interactions Agent at Ubisoft Pune (MAH, India), and Sound Designer at Anshar Studios (Poland).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Associate Sound Designer/Mixer at Twenty Thousand Hertz (Remote), Senior Audio Designer at Rockstar North (Scotland), Senior Audio Designer at Funcom (Norway), Junior Audio ICO Editor at Deluxe (England), Lead Sound Designer at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), Senior Sound Designer at Blizzard (CA, US), Sound Designer at CD Projekt Red (Remote), and Audio Programmer at Ninja Theory (England / Remote). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Behind the sound of The Black Phone with Supervising sound editor Paul Hackner.
Company: Oxide Games
Location: Lutherville-Timonium, MD, US
At Oxide Games, we believe that the soundscape is just as important as any other part of a game. We are looking for a Senior Audio Designer to join our team to develop audio for AAA games. You’ll work directly with our Audio Director to create, implement, and record new sound effects and music.In this role you will…
- Conceptualize and produce high quality audio assets
- Clean up and integrate audio assets from recording sessions
- Implement your own sounds and potentially other sounds into the game engine
- Work with multi-disciplinary team leadership to fine-tune and iterate audio effects for gameplay and artistic needs
- Collaborate with the team to help drive the creative processes, identify potential problems, and provide possible solutions
- Create and maintain audio documentation, including implementation guidelines
- 5 years experience in games (or related field)
- Shipped at least one AAA game
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in digital or analog audio production, music composition, or audio engineering
- ProTools, Nuendo, or other audio tools package experience
- Self-motivated but also good at working within a part of a larger team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Play a musical instrument
- Has musical theory and composition knowledge
- Shows strength or significant potential growth in both artist sensibility and craftmanship
- Wwise experience
- Scripting knowledge, such as C# or Python
As an Audio Designer at Oxide, you’ll get the chance to learn from an award winning, experienced audio designer. We have a small team so there is plenty of opportunity to take on new responsibilities as your experience grows. As well as lots of opportunity for career advancement. Audio is a big deal at Oxide – we do significant in-house asset generation with music composition, sound F/X creation, in-game mixing, working with musicians, vocalist and voice actors.
Oxide Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides all employees and applicants an environment free of discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our team makes us all stronger and allows us to deliver the best games for everyone.
Company: PitStop Productions
Location: Barnsley, UK
PitStop Productions are looking for highly-motivated Sound Designers to join their Sound Design team of 20+ in our studios in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will work within smaller teams on a variety of AAA to indie projects, and be given responsibility for their own project to become a noteworthy contributor.
They will also have the opportunity to creatively contribute to the many other titles we have in production. All while being supported by 50+ audio professionals in all departments at PitStop such as Sound Design, Music, Voice and Performance Capture.
Recently completed titles include: Returnal: Ascension, Little Nightmares II: Enhanced Edition, and the latest Minecraft Dungeons expansion packs.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who loves working with fellow audio professionals, and is looking to further hone their craft of Sound Design to influence and create AAA audio in video games.
- We are an independent audio production team running multiple projects worldwide
- Over the past 25 years, we have grown our reputation and team, making us renowned for delivering reliably high-quality work
- We have a friendly and supportive team, who have built up a culture of really looking out for each other
- We encourage collaborative working and sharing of skill sets across all levels
- You will have the freedom and security to fulfil your true potential
- This position gives the opportunity to widen and vary your audio skills, along with making a meaningful impact on a range of notable titles
- Your path is unlimited! The possibilities to advance and further your career are a certainty if you are passionate about game audio and love being part of a creative team
- Our location is ideal for either a city or country lifestyle
- Create and implement a wide range of high quality sound effects, conceptualising and deciding on sound direction, both aesthetic and technical requirements
- Understand the needs of the project to plan and execute high quality sound design throughout development
- Be a driving force on the project, utilising your experience to guide and inspire other members of the team
- Expertly describe technical behaviour and problems when communicating with external code/design/animation teams
- Problem solve and devise creative solutions to the complex challenges which can arise within interactive audio
- Mix and balance all types of media (linear / individual assets / in game) to a high standard
- Profiling and performance optimisation
- Bug fixing
- Strong creative sound design skills
- A good understanding of any of the following game engines and audio middleware; Unreal/Unity/FMOD/Wwise.
- Proven experience to implement a diverse range of sound effects to a high standard, while maintaining optimisation principles
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills with a positive team attitude
- Expert knowledge of using industry standard DAWs, audio editing tools, and audio plugins. Specifically REAPER as our DAW of choice but otherwise; Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton etc…
- Demonstrate a proven reliability with time management and an understanding of the importance of meeting self-set and externally set targets
- Efficient organisational skills when planning and tracking projects
- Broad knowledge of studio and field recording techniques
- Full cycle development experience working on a AAA title in the games industry
- Experience with designing and implementing bespoke interactive sound systems
- Visual scripting experience, such as creating and using blueprints
- BA/BSc degree in audio production/sound design or equivalent experience
- Good proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Experience in using version control software and VPNs
- Good experience with creating linear audio, such as trailers, short movies, etc…
- Relocation package
- Bonus schemes
- Referral fee commission scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working policy including some time WFH
- Personalised career development
- Company funded social events / nights out / meals with the team
- Regular games nights / tournaments
- Access to acoustically treated recording studios / creative spaces outside of studio hours
- Free entry to many industry events
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on their skills and experience.
This position will be held at our South Yorkshire studios in Dodworth, Barnsley or our new creative space in Barnsley town centre, this can be discussed at the interview stage.
Please ensure you are willing to commute or relocate in order to attend the office.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.How to apply
• Please email your CV and a short covering letter to: email@example.com
• Ensure the email subject is ‘Sound Designer‘.
• Your CV + covering letter should include any education, work experience and skills that are relevant to the advertised role. As a well as a link to the following:
1) Creative showreel
This should be a video around 2 minutes in length that showcases your skills and style as a creative. Please use a mix of in-game and linear audio examples, ensuring the sound suitably fits the visuals and overall shows good mixing skills.2) Technical showreel
This should show your skills and knowledge in middleware/game engines. Ideally this should also include narration explaining any technical elements, giving a breakdown of techniques or features used. Ensuring enthusiasm for interesting implementation ideas, with contextual descriptions of what you did for each example.
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Smilegate Barcelona is looking for an Audio Programmer to join a team of highly skilled coders.
We are looking for an individual to foster a culture that balances productivity, innovation, learning, and healthy communication.We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to code high-level systems to low-level performance tweaks in C/C++.
- Desire to be a key part on designing and implementing the Audio architecture of the game.
- Passionate about game audio development with desire to Research and Innovate though audio next gen solutions.
- A deep desire to be part of a brand new team and project.
Work closely with audio designers, game designers and programmers from other disciplines to implement the audio architecture to support the needs of the game.
- Create new tools/framework that optimize working pipelines and ensure quality of the Audio.
- Continuous collaboration with Audio content creators.
- Provide support to other areas to create the audio localization pipeline.
- Be the representative and champion for Audio code to all other parties.
- Coordinate with the rest of the programmers establishing code guidelines, quality goals, and performance budgets for Audio systems.
- Analyze, validate and incorporate feedback from the team and external user testing.
- Help build up a world-class programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process.
- Be a mentor for other coders to foster a continuous learning environment.
- Previous experience in a AAA game as an Gameplay/Audio Programmer.
- Experience in audio software engineering and audio fundamentals.
- Knowledge of spatial sound (binaural, ambisonics) is a plus.
- Experience with audio middleware, such as Wwise, FMod, etc. is a plus.
- Unreal Engine working experience in a modern console environment is a plus.
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, and iterative environment.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Restaurant Tickets: approx 180 € per month (2.160€/year).
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to2nd January).
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment
- Fully stocked studio kitchen (Nescafe coffee, organic fruits, snacks, and beverages).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday.
- Flexible working conditions of Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Incredible office in Barcelona in the heart of [email protected] (games room, shower, auditorium, canteen, gym, etc.) 15min from the beach and 1 min from Glories Mall.
- Team Building Events.
- Relocation Package/assistance and VISA support.
- Much more still to come…
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Company: Liquid Swords
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Who are Programmers choose Liquid Swords?
Programmers at Liquid Swords thrive on complex technical challenges in video games. They join a community of multi-functional thinkers that consider several angles of a solution, and represent the bastion of effective code and modern game tech.How Audio Programmers fit into the bigger picture
Audio Programmers provide technical implementation and solutions of the overall soundscape. Audio Designers, Programmers, Animators and Designers are your main collaborators and you own all chambers of audio from performance and optimization through to immersion.
It's essential to be a Sound Programmer with an ability to build upon and harness the powers of Unreal Engine 5 and its toolkit, to define and realize ambitious audio goals and needs for our game.
You're a person that thrives in collaboration and shares their game-related wisdom for audio; ultimately bringing life to the open world and creating an awe-inspiring experience of the auditory senses.Is this you?
✓ A programmer with experiences in game development on AAA console or PC games, tailored towards sound and audio programming
✓ You have professional knowledge of a C++ based game engine
✓ A person that has a keen interest in games and audio that enjoys cross-functional collaboration and thinking
✓ Previous experience in middlewares for games such as Wwise, FMOD and selecting and using DSP's
✓ Building from the ground up is exciting to you – you revel in the challenge of overcoming new tech and facing known unknowns