We came across interesting new jobs at Pixel Toys, Apple, Jumpship, and Firesprite – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (England), Supervising Sound Editor (CA, US), Sound Designer (England), and Senior Sound Designer (England).
We also found openings for a Interaction Sound Designer at Facebook (CA, US), Audio Designer at Remedy Entertainment (Finland), Audio Producer at Hi-Rez Studios (GA, US), Sound Designer at Massive Entertainment (Sweden), Sound Effect Artist at Outfit7 (Spain), Cinematic Sound Designer at Larian Studios (Ireland/England), Intern Audio Engineer at Bungie (WA, US), Foley Artist at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany), Audio Research Intern at iZotope (MA, US), Audio Programmer at Ubisoft Shanghai (SH, China), Producer II at Riot Games LA (CA, US), and Sound Designer at Resolution Games (Sweden).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Lightspeed LA (CA, US), Recording Studio Manager at San Francisco Conservatory (CA, US), Project Manager at Facebook (WA, US), and Voice Over Designer at MachineGames (Sweden). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Get the exclusive sound story behind No Time To Die, the latest installment in the legendary James Bond franchise.
• How the most terrifying sounds for horror movies, series & games are made + get your own scary horror sound effects.
• How you can make the most of the handy Wishlist feature here on A Sound Effect.
Company: Pixel Toys
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
We are seeking a talented Audio Designer with a passion for creating world-class audio content for AAA and mobile platforms. You’ll be responsible for creating and implementing original SFX using our in-house library as well as sourcing new material to bolster the library as our Audio Team expands.YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
- Utilise both Unity’s core audio capabilities as well as FMOD middleware to produce excellent results in technical audio design
- Assist the publishing team in the creation of trailers and other marketing materials
- Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
- Work closely with our new Audio Team to deliver AAA audio across all our games
Ideally, you will have most or all of the following:
- Demonstrable sound design skills
- Good knowledge of audio middleware solutions, particularly FMOD.
- Familiarity with Unity tools and workflows.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Learning new systems quickly
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with Foley recording and application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for playing and making games
- Experience developing on iOS or Android
- Experience and/or training in agile development
- Experienced Reaper user
- Experience using Soundly
- Comfortable running dialogue sessions
- Working experience writing code to implement audio in Unity
- Bachelor’s degree in music, audio or post-production or other relevant training
- Good musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Contributory Pension scheme
- In service Life Insurance
- Duvet days off, increasing with length of service
- An excellent office environment with free fruit
- Monthly socials and twice-yearly epic parties
- Beer Fridays every week
- Town centre location
- Staff training and development
- Quarterly Wellness days (On-site massages, Yoga & nutritionally balanced snacks)
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself
- Free Parking pass (dependent on home location)
- And a chance to shape and grow and benefit from the future of Pixel Toys.
Location: Newport Beach, CA, US
Our creative and technical team is looking for a Supervising Sound Editor with strong communication and leadership skills who will be responsible for ensuring best-in-class representation of audio within immersive video experiences. This role will be hands-on in every aspect of the audio pipeline; requiring work in sound design, editing, and mixing. Need to supervise work across multiple teams and guide initiatives with 3rd party vendors. We are seeking someone who is looking to apply their leadership experience, passion and talent for audio, and professional curiosity in new and interesting ways, to drive the field of immersive audio production forward. If innovation within the audio production space, and all the challenges that come along with it, is exciting rather than daunting, this role could be a fit for you.Key Qualifications
- Client-facing experience working in post production audio on high-end productions — mixing, editing, and delivering to specification, surround, procedural, or spatial audio content
- Hands-on experience with sound design, dialogue, and music editing for film, TV, and/or games
- Comfortable working directly with directors, executives, clients, and other technical personnel
- Understanding of the science of audio and how it translates to the listener’s experience
- Effectively collaborate with other stakeholders around audio workflow and lead projects among cross-functional groups
The Supervising Sound Editor will join an in-house post production team and support multiple projects ranging from technical tests and production tool development to creative projects, big and small. The ideal candidate will be comfortable balancing deadline-based creative deliverables and supporting ongoing development efforts. They will be asked to use a variety of tools, both off-the-shelf and internally developed and actively contribute their perspective to the tool developers. For smaller-scale projects, they will be responsible for delivering on every phase of the post production audio process. For larger-scale projects, in addition to their own hands-on efforts, they will engage and direct external teams to coordinate the creation of the audio deliverables required.Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experienceAdditional Requirements
- Excels at working collaboratively with clients, creatives, and engineers
- Subject matter expertise in surround / spatial audio production and technical delivery or content (Dolby Atmos, Ambisonics, MPEG-H, Object Based Audio)
- Hands on experience with typical and atypical audio production tools for surround and/or spatial audio production like Protools, Reaper, Logic, Dolby Atmos Suite, DearVR Suite, FB360 Suite, etc.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills related to computer SW/HW, audio production, audio/video signal flow
- Extensive knowledge of typical and atypical audio/video/metadata formats and standards common in surround and ambisonic audio production
- Knowledge of production management tools such as Shotgrid, etc
- Experience partnering with audio software and hardware developers is a big plus
- Passion for working on the cutting edge of technology to create the best possible user experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Location: Somerville, UK
At Jumpship we believe in games as a legitimate and positive endeavour; with potential not only as an entertainment medium, but also as a tool to question the human condition. We strive to support our intent with an unwavering ethic in all facets of the process. You will work alongside the rest of the team and key stakeholders on a daily basis.ABOUT YOU:
As our Sound Designer, you will work with our Audio Director and Audio Programmer to set-up and deliver sound effects throughout our game. You will be responsible for working with design, art, animation and code to enhance the overall dynamic and interactive audio experience of the game whilst utilising your sound designer skills to establish a fully living world that grounds the player in the moment and subtly guides them to explore and complete the gameplay.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of implementing assets within WWise and Unity
- Knowledge of and experience with interactive audio systems
- Ability to grasp implementation tools and suggest improvements as needed
- Able to craft audio identities for a given moment to enhance story and gameplay
- Ability to manage your own time and work proactively
- Able to adapt to new technologies and technical challenges
- Experience of full game cycle development in a similar role
- Experience of technically implementing in game audio effects
- Experience with relevant tools for implementing audio effects
- Experience of editing, processing and mixing techniques using DAW’s (Reaper, Cubase etc)
- Knowledge of and experience with field recordings
- Work with our designers to identify audio effects requirements
- Work with our Audio Director to develop and refine our signature audio style
- Create and implement audio effects based upon the game vision
- Manage audio asset project structures and gameplay parameter set-ups
- Design and implement the audio communication language of the game
- Create, maintain and review workflows, tools and pipelines as necessary
- Maintain consistency of audio effects throughout the entire game
- Analyse, troubleshoot and solve audio effects related technical challenges
- Work alongside a small friendly and flexible team
- Opportunity to participate in an innovative new game
- Fixed term contract
- Remote working flexibility
If you feel this job post describes you, please email your CV and reel to email@example.com
Location: Liverpool, UK
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join us on a dark, story-driven next generation 'Narrative Adventure' with genre defining goals.
This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies with a heavy focus on art, animation, audio and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
This is a great opportunity for a driven individual looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
As a Senior Sound Designer, you will closely collaborate with all workstreams and disciplines to craft soundscape to the highest standard. You will be proactive, highly motivated and approachable, and you will create all manner of audio systems and assets to a high standard.Key Responsibilities
- To uphold and expand upon the execution of the Audio Vision for the project.
- Happy to be responsible for completion of multiple features or one major aspect of a project when required.
- Create original sound effects using synthesis, location & studio recordings as well as utilising in-house and commercial sound libraries.
- Implement interactive audio assets into games using in-house tools and other 3rd party software (Unity, UE4, WWise, FMOD, etc).
- Comfortable creating and mixing audio for linear media (such as cutscenes, trailers, online/broadcast media, etc).
- Thoroughly test all aspects of the audio to ensure functionality and the quality standard is upheld and consistent.
- Demonstrate good communication & coordination between the audio team and other disciplines (art, programming, level design, design & production).
- Identify areas for innovation / problem solving and pro-actively collaborate on creative and technical solutions.
- Mentor, Encourage and set high standards for junior members of the team to follow.
- When required, work and collaborate with external audio vendors.
- More than 4 years as a Sound Designer with more than 1 title shipped.
- Proficient in DAW workstations (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo, etc).
- Experience using third party middleware, especially WWise & UE4.
- Console experience and an understanding of their limitations and advantages.
- Experience with task management software (Jira, Hansoft, etc)
- Experience with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work remotely within the UK
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.