We came across interesting new jobs at Skew Sound, DICE Stockholm, 10 Chambers, and Ubisoft Lyon – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Remote), Senior Voice Over Designer (Sweden), Audio Programmer (Sweden), and Sound Designer Trainee (France).
We also found openings for a Senior Sound Designer at Skew Sound (Remote), Associate Audio Post Producer at Mr. Bronx Audio Post (NY, US), Sound Designer at Ubisoft Lyon (France), Audio Technical Artist at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Unity Audio Developer at Plarium (Ukraine), Sound Designer at Illfonic (Remote, US), Audio Software Engineer at Valve Software (WA, US), Senior Sound Designer at DICE Stockholm (Sweden), Technical Sound Designer at Avalanche Stockholm (Sweden), Audio Designer at Ubisoft Shanghai (SH, China), Senior Technical Audio Designer at ProbablyMonsters (WA, US), and Acoustic Systems Engineer at Valve Software (WA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Sound Designer at Clean Cuts (Remote), Senior Audio Designer at Zynga Bengaluru (KA, Insia), Audio Director at Frontier Developments (England), Technical Sound Designer / Audio Programmer at Studio Wildcard (WA, US), and Audio Director at Epic Games Larkspur (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• How Eliot Connors, Brad Beaumont, and Alexander Temple created the spectacular sound of Arcane.
• Indie Sound Awards: Nominate your favorites for your chance to win a 300+ GB Sound Bundle.
• Early Christmas Present: We’re glad to give you this full sound effects library, completely free!.
• Hear Incredible Sounds of Our World – with Field Recordist Thomas Rex Beverly.
• Get the story behind the game music for Halo Infinite.
Company: Skew Sound
- Design and edit original audio content to accompany the creation of assets for external communication.
- Collaborate with the creative marketing team to create a coherent and original sound design.
- Assist the Sound Designer in the creation of audio components for video assets.
- Musical accompaniment
- The sound of the vehicles
- The sound of the various visual effects.
- Good knowledge of Pro Tool
- Mastery of the different techniques and plugins dedicated to audio post-processing.
- Good knowledge of audio equipment in general.
- Ability to learn and master new software quickly.
- Good communication skills, ability to work in a team in an iterative way.
- Knowledge of additional software (Cubase, Ableton etc.) would be a plus.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
- Remuneration according to experience
- Holiday bonus
- Health insurance paid 50% by the company
- Lunch vouchers & transit pass paid 50% by the company
- 4 free games per year and 8 concert tickets with 40% discount
- Playzone and babyfoot
- Flextime and home office
Play as a team, Race for excellence and Get creative! At Ubisoft Ivory Tower, we are driven by these values every day since 2007, join us to work in the marketing team as: SOUND DESIGNER TRAINEE (F/H/NB)
Company: DICE Stockholm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
This position is soon to be released but we are just eager to tell you already now.
If you are just as excited as we are about this position – apply already and we will send you a message once the description has been uploaded!
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
Company: 10 Chambers
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
The DICE Sound team is looking for a Voice Over Designer to work alongside their in-house VO team, as they record and implement vocal assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for Playstation, Xbox and PC platforms. We want you to be passionate about making great games, demonstrate excellent voice production skills, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator.Responsibilities
- Edit, process, implement and mix placeholder and final VO content into the game.
- Work closely together with the VO Director and VO team to ensure the Vo team delivers the highest quality VO for our games.
- Work closely with the VO Director and Narrative team to ensure VO meets project goals.
- Have a strong interest in the larger audio soundscape of the game and make sure the VO meets expectations.
- Contribute with creative and technical solutions to improve VO in our games.
- Help plan, attend and direct VO sessions/MOCAP shoots and deliver high quality VO content for our games.
- Organize and maintain excellent structure of VO data pipeline – from script to localized assets..
- Work together with the VO Director and and other stakeholders and liaise with VO outsourcing partners and vendors as required.
- Work closely with the VO director to define and maintain VO recording and delivery quality specifications.
- Work together with other disciplines to ensure good VO implementation and workflow.
- Work together with Localization to ensure cohesion between English and localized languages.
- The role requires 3 years of prior industry experience shipping AA/AAA titles or equivalent knowledge.
- Desire to develop narrative, vo production, and engineering skills.
- Proficient with modern studio hardware, recording techniques, and software such as Reaper, ProTools, Sound Forge, Waves plugins, RX etc.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity etc. useful but not essential
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, useful but not essential.
- Proficient with recording gear and recording techniques.
- You should have a keen interest to actively seek new ways to improve VO in our games.
- Prior MOCAP/Location recording experience is useful but not essential.
- Outstanding listening skills.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Strong artistic and narrative sense.
- Excellent skills in english.
- A passion for making great sounding games.
- An up-to-date resume and cover letter.
- A show-reel demonstrating your skills within the relevant field.
- As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
Company: Ubisoft Lyon
Location: Lyon, France
FULL-TIME, REMOTE, CONTRACT
SkewSound, a small and fierce audio outsourcing house, is looking for a talented and experienced Sound Designer for a minimum 3 month contract to help us support our growing project slate. As one of our Sound Designers, you will be primarily responsible for creating world class sound effects, implementing those sounds using middleware and native engine tools, and working with our audio director, project leads and clients to achieve their creative vision.WHO YOU ARE
- You are a dedicated sound designer, committed to your craft, with a diverse portfolio of high quality and creative content.
- You strive to help take audio experiences to the next level for gamers while finding ways to improve the workflow and pipeline for the audio team.
- You are comfortable with collaboration and constructive feedback.
- You can work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision, and within a production schedule timeline.
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- You are enticed by the opportunity to help propel a small company forward and are excited to see what the future holds.
- Designing and implementing sounds for interactive and linear media.
- Meeting with the various teams to review your most recent work.
- Field recording, foley recording, and synthesis to augment our proprietary SFX library and support original project-specific content.
- Reviewing active projects to evaluate your work and to give general feedback on the overall project.
- Collaborating with the audio director and client to develop and refine in-game audio systems and implementation pipeline.
- Communicating with the SkewSound team on virtual channels (Slack/Discord), tracking your work, and general administrative tasks.
- You have a diverse portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment.
- You have shipped 1+ video game project(s) as a sound designer.
- You have practical experience using industry standard game engines and middleware.
- Examples: Wwise, Fmod, Unreal, Unity
- You are available for meetings and video conferences during our core hours: 10am to 2pm Pacific Time
- You are equipped with professional audio hardware and software.
- DAW: Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools
- Equipment: microphone(s), audio interface, field recorder, studio-grade monitors/headphones, webcam, etc.
- You are comfortable using project management and collaboration software.
- Examples: Slack, Discord, Jira, ClickUp, Confluence
- Experience with multi-channel and spatial audio.
- Experience with scripting in game engine (C#, Blueprints)
SkewSound is a unique, creative, and nimble audio outsource house, dedicated to creating audio experiences which are unexpected, uncompromising, and unforgettable. We pursue true collaborative relationships with our clients no matter the size or scope of their projects. Within our studio we believe our best work can be achieved when we collaborate openly, critique honestly, and respect the talents and perspectives each person brings. SkewSound works on a large slate of projects at any one time ranging from indie titles to AAA project support and we pride ourselves on delivering to the highest quality bar.