We came across interesting new jobs at Santa Monica Studio, Tarsier Studios, Natural Motion, and Bohemia Interactive – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Programmer (CA, US), Audio Designer (Sweden), Audio Designer (England), and Senior Sound Designer (Czech Republic).
We also found openings for a Voice Actor at Ambush Games (Remote), Audio Designer at Team17 (England), Audio Programmer at Sharkmob (England), Temporary Sound Designer at Naughty Dog (CA, US), Lead Audio Designer at Sumo Digital Vancouver (BC, Canada), and Audio Designer at Zynga (England).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Audio Producer at PUBG Amsterdam (Netherlands), Senior Sound Designer at Rev Rooms (England), Freelance Sound Designer at Oxalis Games (Remote), Assistant Sound Editor / Coordinator at Source Sound (CA, US), Audio Designer at Reflector Entertainment (QC, Canada / Hybrid), Senior Audio Programmer at PLAYERUNKNOWN (Netherlands / Hybrid), Audio Producer / Project Manager at Supreme Music (Germany), Technical Audio Designer at Blowfish Studios (Australia / Remote), Audio Software Intern Engineer at PlayStation Global (England), and Mix Assistant at halo Post Production (England). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Designing volcano sounds for Oscar-nom’d documentary Fire of Love – with Sound Designer Patrice LeBlanc.
• To celebrate the release of Destiny 2’s Lightfall expansion today, the music team has shared this great behind-the-scenes video on the sound for the game.
• 10 great new sound effects libraries: Beetles, bullet shells, barbershops, British lawnmowers, and more!.
• Get the sound stories behind the 2023 MPSE Golden Reel Award winners in this huge highlight.
Company: Santa Monica Studio
Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced gameplay programmer who enjoys tackling complex problems. You are familiar with the game audio domain, or excited to learn it. And you collaborate well with sound designers to make their work sing!Responsibilities
- Implement runtime audio systems and features as well as related workflows.
- Collaborate with sound designers in their use of these features and workflows.
- Iterate on and polish work produced to deliver highest possible quality.
- Write clear, maintainable, reliable, and efficient code.
- Profile and optimize code to remove bottlenecks.
- Test and document code.
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years professional programming experience.
- Understand audio-specific terminology and technology, or willing to learn.
- Expertise in C++.
- Strong generalist with solid code architecture skills.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Enthusiasm and initiative.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and testing procedures.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$109,400—$164,200 USDEqual Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Company: Tarsier Studios
Location: Malmö, Sweden
We are looking for a new sound designer to join our small and creative audio team. We take the craft seriously and want someone who can appreciate what we've done so far and think they can help us take it further. Your daily tasks will involve a lot of varied work such as recording, editing, designing and implementing sounds for our games.
The work involves a lot of communication with the rest of the team, but also periods spent more or less on your own, working independently.
At Tarsier, it's important that our office is welcoming and fun so that our employees want to spend time there; because we believe that working closely with your team is the best way to make great games. That is why our office management and HR department works closely with making the office a really good place to both work and hangout in. We have a large focus on ergonomic, personal work stations, we eat breakfast together on Wednesday, and we play games or music together in the jam room. Sometimes we grab an after work beer together in the kitchen, or throw a Christmas party for the ages.Our benefit package includes:
- Health contributions and check ups
- Sports/healthy activities
- Six weeks of paid vacations
- Overtime pay
- Relocation help
- Flexible working hours
- An experienced sound designer
Skilled working in a DAW
Driven and independent
- Able to communicate in spoken and written English
- Able to submit a portfolio of your work with your application
- Musical background
- Experience in Wwise and Unreal Engine
- Experience in making games
- Technical interest, as in Max/MSP, scripting etc.
This position is full time onsite in the office in Malmö, and will start with a trial period. Looking at previous work/projects of applicants will be a big part of the evaluation process, so make sure you include a portfolio of some kind in your application!
Currently employing around 70 people, Tarsier Studios is an independent game development studio based in the vibrant city of Malmö, Sweden. We are the developers of Statik and the award winning Little Nightmares franchise.
We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and genders, and look forward to hearing from you.
Company: Natural Motion
Location: Brighton, UK
Zynga, the global leader in social games, is looking for its next outstanding Audio Designer to join the Star Wars: Hunters team.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who is accomplished in sound design for mobile and console games, and has experience supporting live service games. As an Audio Designer on Star Wars: Hunters, you will join a dedicated and passionate team and have the opportunity to work with the beloved IP as you create and contribute to the universe of Star Wars.
The ideal person for this role will be ready to embrace our culture and elevate our business performance by striving for excellence in all aspects of audio production.Main Responsibilities
- Design, create and implement compelling audio content in collaboration with the audio team and core engineering team.
- Help to integrate, optimize, and give behavior to the sounds, music, and voice assets that breathe life into our games.
- Provide a variety of audio support, including: precision editing, sound design, voice design, and identifying new audio opportunities.
- Understand audio production pipelines and processes and suggest possible improvements.
- Collaborate with the Narrative team to help manage and track dialogue, and design the rules and logic to guide VO implementation.
- Work with Production and QA to help track approval status of assets and licensor feedback, and to provide information for test plans.
- Provide audio support for marketing assets as required.
- Passion for video games and Star Wars.
- Experience in game audio development with at least one shipped mobile or console title.
- Proficiency in use of a D.A.W. such as Reaper, Nuendo or ProTools to record and edit audio files.
- Understanding of audio implementation in Unreal engine via Wwise audio middleware.
- Understanding of how to operate various audio plugins such as iZotope and Waves products.
- Understanding of basic implementation practices such as implementing positional audio into animations, sequencers, weapons etc.
- Keen attention to detail and a focus on delivering the highest quality in every aspect of audio.
- Strong communication skills and a proactive, positive demeanor.
- Familiar with data management and experience with maintaining and updating spreadsheets.
- Technical aptitude preferred, and audio engineering experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with a creative focus preferred.
- Experience designing sound for non-dynamic, linear sequences, and an understanding of the concepts therein, such as blocking out, mixing and dialogue editing.
- Experience with and understanding of cinematic sound design processes and concepts including dubbing, sync effects, Foley, voice editing preferred.
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players
- around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Generous paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Company: Bohemia Interactive
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Sound Designer creates audio content for the title that complement and enhance player experience. The Sound Designer composes, records, and synchronizes sound effects to amplify all sorts of in-game events.
Big advantage will be an experience with radio-protocol systems development and applying in practice.Responsibilities
- Producing high quality audio assets and features.
- Working with voice overs following the whole pipeline from pre-production through recording and editing samples to in-game configuration.
- Creating audio content for the title that complement and enhance the player experience.
- Composing, recording, and synchronizing sound effects to amplify animations and in-game events.
- Being responsible for correct implementation of audio assets to assigned games.
- Planning the sound production for the assigned project and ensure delivery of related audio production on deadlines.
- Influencing project design and ideas, prototyping new solutions, features, behaviors of in-game audio.
- Works closely with other disciplines to assure that the audio compliments and enhances the experience of the gameplay.
- Creating and maintaining related documentation and tracking progress of work.
- Keeping self up to date with latest news in the audio and game audio industry fields, expanding related skills and knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of many aspects of products related to audio design infrastructure.
- Advanced skills in the areas of recording, mixing, and optimizing audio for effect and environment.
- 3+ years of experience creating sound for games.
- Advanced understanding of game audio aesthetics and implementation methods.
- Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Steinberg Cubase, Sony Vegas, Sound Forge, etc.
- Good spoken and written English for daily team communication.
- 27 days of holidays per year
- Company profit-sharing plan, benefit program, meal contribution
- Relocation package
- All our games for free and more
Applicants should submit their portfolio and CV detailing their previous work experience as well as a cover letter outlining their interest to work for Bohemia Interactive.