We’re back with our 2nd audio jobs highlight this week, bringing you another 20 new opportunities! Here, we you’ll find interesting new jobs at Sharkmob, Branch, 31st Union, and Meta – and they’re looking for a Senior Audio Designer (Sweden), Sound Designer (WA, US), Senior Audio Programmer (Spain), and Research Scientist: Computer Vision for Audio (WA, US).
We also found openings for a Audio Designer at SYBO (Denmark), Sound Editor at Molinare (England), Music Editorial Editor at Spotify (Spain), AR/VR Audio Software Engineer at Apple (CO, US), Audio Engineer at Warner Bros. Discovery (GA, US), Audio Systems Engineer at Samsung Research America (CA, US), Music Publishing Manager at Voodoo (France), and Player Experience Interactions Agent (Non-Voice) at Ubisoft Pune (MH, India).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a
Dialogue Quality Control Manager at Empty Sea Audio (Remote / CA, US), Senior Foley Editor at Bang Post Production (Wales), Senior Acoustics Consultant at Buro Happold (England), Senior Environmental Acoustics Consultant at Buro Happold (England), Junior Beta Liaison at inMusic (England), Lead Audio Programmer at Skeleton Key / Wizards of the Coast (TX, US), Senior Voice Over Designer at EA Digital Illusions (Sweden / Hybrid), and Audio Engineer at Soul Assembly (England / Hybrid).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Do you often find yourself thinking about the sound of a movie rather than focusing on the actual movie? Is your attention drawn to ways of how to improve the audio of the games you play, that you believe would have made the overall experience even more engaging?
As a Senior Audio Designer you will be part of the team for our unannounced, ambitious AAA project. Together with a mix of industry veterans and new talent, we are working on an action-packed, multiplayer, open-world game.
The audio team at Sharkmob is passionate about all things audio and games; we are always pushing ourselves to innovate. The work we do involves both creative and technical aspects, and is benefited by the state-of-the-art sound studios we have at our disposal.
You will be joining a friendly team of Audio Designers, Audio Programmers and Audio Director, and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the sound of our upcoming game.
Your work will involve both design and implementation of sound, helping to set the tone for the game and make everything come together! Here is a chance to make an impact and not only create a game but build a company and make your voice heard.
Sound interesting? See below if you believe that you have what it takes!Responsibilities
- Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
- Create and implement sound assets like weapons, vehicles, items, characters, ambience, UI and VO
- Help planning and organize audio tasks
- Communicate effectively with artists, designers and programmers about the audio needs for our games and make sure they are consistent with the vision
- Occasional recording of sound effects and production planning
- Help testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
- Solid experience creating sound for (AAA) games
- Used to working with a major game engine
- Experience implementing game audio using Wwise
- Proficiency with modern computer-based audio production tools such as Ableton Live, Cubase, Reaper, WaveLab, Sound Forge or similar
- Experience with visual scripting (such as Unreal Blueprints), or a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills as you will work closely with your team and other departments
Remember to include a link to your portfolio or show reel in your resume if you want to be considered for the position – an impressive resume together with years of experience is also considered.
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.
Location: Seattle, WA, US
We are an early-stage game development company behind the successful sandbox title Castaways. Our mission is to create a fun and engaging experience while onboarding the next generation of gamers into the web3 space.
Our team comprises of Minecraft enthusiasts, engineers, ex-founders and dropouts. We ship every week. We love every minute of it. There is nothing else in the entire world we would rather be doing. You will have the opportunity to:
Provide the world with instant drop-in gameplay on web, desktop, and mobile.
Bridge the divide between web2 and web3 games and onboard millions to web3 through gaming
Be part of an extremely passionate, bright, and dedicated team.
Have a lot of fun building games!
You would be a great fit at Branch if you enjoy working at startups, are a subject matter expert in your domain, and share an interest in web3 and gaming. You thrive when working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. You take great pride in your work. You consider games an art and a hobby, not just a job.
We're on the lookout for an enthusiastic and creative Sound Designer to join our team. As the sole Sound Designer, you'll have full creative freedom to design sound effects for every aspect of our game, from the sounds of walking and swimming to the noises made when building, breaking, planting, and harvesting. You'll work alongside our team of passionate individuals and have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our game as it progresses through its alpha phase.Responsibilities
- Design sound effects for every function of the game, including walking, swimming, running, block building, breaking, planting seeds, harvesting crops, using tools, fishing, minigame sounds, celebratory sounds, failure sounds, using furnaces, composters, and other various game components
- Partner with leadership to scope out new sounds and areas where sound design can be improved
- Ownership of certain project tasks, working autonomously as needed
- Contribute creatively and technically to defining a game's experience
- Experience creating sound effects and audio for games
- Professional experience using Git is a bonus but not required
- Sound artistic and creative sensibilities
If you're passionate about game sound design and are excited by the opportunity to make a significant impact at a pre-seed startup, we encourage you to apply for this role.
We offer a remote work environment and are open to US-based candidates however, Seattle-based candidates are preferred.Benefits:
Work in our inspiring Seattle office or Remote.
Platinum tier health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by us for you and your dependents.
Unlimited paid time off and sick leave policies.
401(k) with employer matching.
Branch is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Branch considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Branch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Company: 31st Union
Location: València, Spain
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).What We Need 2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse group of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
We’re seeking a Senior Audio Programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to lead the effort to push the boundaries of cutting edge Audio. Research, design, implement, and debug audio tools and techniques to deliver an industry-leading audio experience.Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design of audio technologies for current and future projects
- Evaluate and optimize the interaction between audio system and other build and runtime systems
- Evaluate and optimize the export and build pipeline for audio content
- Evaluate and implement techniques to reduce work needed to author the audio environment
- Design and implement code that facilitates the interaction between our game engine and Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio middleware
- Consult with audio designers to identify bottlenecks and ways to improve their pipeline
- Optimize audio game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture
- Maintain documentation on audio system that’s understandable by engineers and designers
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
- 7+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- Experience developing for AAA games
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing for multi-platform software projects, including game consoles
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience with Audiokinetic’s Wwise tools and libraries
- Strong 3D math skills and audio/DSP concepts
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Meta/Reality Labs Research brings together a world-class team of researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of virtual and augmented reality, which will become as universal and essential as smartphones and personal computers are today. And just as personal computers have done over the past 45 years, AR and VR will ultimately change everything about how we work, play, and connect. We are developing all the technologies needed to enable breakthrough AR glasses and VR headsets, including optics and displays, computer vision, audio, graphics, brain-computer interface, haptic interaction, eye/hand/face/body tracking, perception science, and true telepresence. Some of those breakthroughs will advance much faster than others, but they all need to happen to enable AR and VR that are so compelling that they become an integral part of our lives. The audio team at Meta/Reality Labs Research is looking for experts in machine learning and computer vision. This role is focused in design, development and engineering of advanced computer vision systems that drive AV experiences design and synthesis in AR and VR. An ideal candidate will be passionate about the development of advanced proof-of-concept demonstration platforms and about pushing the state-of-the art by conducting fundamental research.Research Scientist: Computer Vision for Audio Responsibilities
- Independently implement state-of-the-art models and techniques on PyTorch, TensorFlow or other platforms.
- Independently identify, motivate, and execute on medium to large hypotheses (each with many tasks) for model improvements through data analysis, and domain knowledge, and are able to communicate your learnings effectively.
- Design, perform, and analyze online and offline experiments with specific and well thought-out hypotheses in mind.
- Generate reliable, correct training data with great attention to detail.
- Identify and debug issues in training machine learning models such as overfitting/underfitting, leakage, offline/online inconsistency consistently.
- Understand the model architecture used, and the pros and cons of this for different hypotheses tested. In general, you have a good understanding of computer vision from an applied perspective, even though you may not be up-to-date with the state-of-the-art.
- PhD in the field of Deep learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Statistics or a related field.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- 4+ years experience with development and implementation of computer vision or deep learning algorithms.
- 3+ years experience with scientific programming languages such as Python, C++, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and evaluating work and end-to-end prototypical learning systems.
- Experience with AV learning or egocentric learning, scene understanding, audio signal processing or similar.
- Experience working with acoustic or speech datasets.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results and innovation as demonstrated by first-authored publications and patents.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$143,000/year to $204,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels and U.S. locations that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level and final location. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include the company bonus, incentive for sales roles, equity, or benefits , if applicable.