We came across interesting new jobs at Tango Gameworks, Supernatural, and Gameloft Indonesia – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Remote), Sound Designer (Japan), Sound Designer (CA, US), and Sound Designer (Indonesia).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at Twin Suns Corp (Remote), Sound Designer at Vadi Sound (Turkey), Producer at Wolf At The Door (CA, US), Sound Designer at Ishtar Games (France), Sound Designer at Kojima Productions (Japan), Recording Engineer at Kojima Productions (Japan), Senior Sound Designer at CD PROJEKT RED (Poland), Systemic VO Director at Naughty Dog (CA, US), Audio Programmer at Tag Games (England), Lecturer in Electronic Music, Computing and Technology at University of London (England), Lecturer in Musicology at Royal Holloway, University of London (Egham, England), Audio Programmer at Zynga San Francisco (CA, US), Music Supervisor at Riot Singapore Game Studio (Singapore), Audio Lead at Riot Singapore Game Studio (Singapore), and Music Composition Teacher at SNH Music Lab (Remote). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Get the story behind the sound for Saving Private Ryan in this new video.
• James Harrison & Kevin Penney on creating a stylistic blend of brutal Dark Ages reality and mystical experiences for The Northman.
Company: Tango Gameworks
Location: Tokyo, Japan
You will be responsible for in-game voice production and sound design.Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the work related to in-game sound and voice production
- Designing game projects and creating sound content (sound effects, audio) in line with vision
- Manage audio assets and implement them in your game
- Testing and debugging a game audio system Coordination with external sound / music production
- Over 3 years of sound design work experience
- Professional practical knowledge and experience in recording, editing and processing
- Flexible communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Sound design power that realistically drops an abstract image as sound
- Excellent production and management ability of audio assets
- Good working knowledge of studio equipment, recording and industry standard audio tools
- Practical knowledge and experience with Wwise or similar game audio middleware
- Understanding the technical limitations of console platforms and PC audio
- Ability to act voluntarily and manage their own workload according to the production schedule
- Ability to predict how long a production task will take and understand the dependencies in production
- Experience in producing one or more released AAA titles (or similar works)
- Production experience using a game engine (UE4, Unity, etc.)
- Production experience using Steinberg Nuendo Experience in audio production (casting, direction, recording, editing, etc.)
- Multilingual localization production work experience
- Advanced Excel practical knowledge
- Business level English proficiency
- Programming experience with C / C ++ etc.
- Those who want to take on the challenge of worldwide manufacturing
- Those who want to try new things Those who are confident in producing and managing a large amount of sound assets
- Those who can communicate flexibly and appropriately with related parties
- Those who have a deep understanding of the basic knowledge of game audio production
- Those who are passionate about high-end game audio production such as PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age. Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
- Steinberg Nuendoを使用した制作経験
- PS4／XBOX ONE／PCなどのハイエンドゲームオーディオ制作に情熱のある方
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times, Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.The impact you'll make:
As a Sound Designer in the design group you’ll be responsible for contributing to the Supernatural brand by developing audio solutions in VR that are engaging, inspiring, and powerful, and be a critical contributor to building one of the world’s leading fitness and wellness companies. We’re looking for candidates that are excited about collaborating with creative thinkers and do-ers, and experimenting with new ideas.What you’ll do
- Develop engaging, innovative and high-quality audio assets that elevate the core Supernatural experience
- Define the sound experience for new workouts and modalities
- Create and own sound system for our library of 3D objects and movements
- The ability to create and develop a distinct audio voice for a system
- Experience working with commercial and proprietary audio, and implementation tools on a variety platforms and workstations
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, implementation, post-production, and audio engineering.
- Create and implement sound effects.
- Optimize the audio experience throughout the headset environment
- Be a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can implement quickly, laterally, independently and collaboratively.
- 3+ years of hands-on professional sound design and implementation experience focused on high-quality interactive experiences and cinematic sound design
- Experience implementing sounds and mixing in Unity for various platforms and hardware
- Background in studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- Experience working with spatialized audio in an interactive environment
- Original electronic songwriting skills
- Previous work on VR projects
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however, applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.
Company: Gameloft Indonesia
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Under the supervision of the audio manager and in collaboration with the relevant parties involved in the creation of our games, the sound designer’s responsibilities include:
Generating a list of the Sound effects, VO and Music elements needed for games and dynamic-in-game advertising.
Working collaboratively with the project team and contributing ideas/opinions to help establish a game's sound identity
Creating/Designing high quality Sound effects, VO and Music elements to ensure the overall audio aesthetic matches the vision of the games
Collaborating with other audio team members (designers, composers etc.) to create a cohesive audio experience for the end user.
Ensure that audio is designed and delivered on time, on budget and at a very high quality level
Communicating regularly with the various parties involved in the project, such as the game’s audio and production teams
Troubleshoot and help fix any audio bugs that come up during the production of these games
- Expert-level knowledge of audio-creation and editing DAWs such as ProTools or Reaper
- Proficient in all steps of audio design right from field and foley recording to editing, processing, and mastering
- Ability to create and edit high-quality original sounds using sound libraries, synthesis, and field recordings all while keeping a focus on the big picture.
- Good knowledge of major sound-effect libraries (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, Boom Library, etc.)
- Knowledge of the technical audio constraints posed by interactive platforms like Mobile, HTML, PC, and Console and knowledge of their audio compression formats, storage, memory management, etc.
- Excellent Music editing skills and Music composition is a plus
- Experience and knowledge with online music libraries is an asset.
- Knowledge and mastery of audio middleware like Wwise or FMOD
- Familiarity with engine-based audio integration processes, such as in Unreal or Unity, is an asset
- You have a diploma in sound design
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience as a sound designer at a video game company, and have published at least one major title
- You work well in a fast paced environment and are able to fulfill sound requests the same day
- You are a good technical thinker, self-motivated with a solution-oriented attitude
- You can work well alone and know how to prioritize work based on constraints and are able to juggle several projects at a time
- You have a good understanding of current industry audio-quality standards
- You like to work as part of a team, you’re creative and very thorough, and have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are receptive to constructive criticism and are comfortable in a collaborative work environment
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
- Teamwork with international talents
- Recognition and rewards
- Creative and modern workplace
- Continuous and professional training
- Work hard, play hard
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel®, Lamborghini® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 3,600 people worldwide. Every month, 70 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft for brands, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.