We came across interesting new jobs at realworld one, Incuvo, KingsIsle, and Dreamsound Studio – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (Germany), Sound Designer (Poland), Contract Sound Designer (TX, US), and Foley Editor (Poland).
We also found openings for a Senior Audio Programmer at Firesprite (England), Lead Audio Designer at Firesprite (England), Sound Engineer at Distillery (CA, US), Audio Systems Intern at Tesla (CA, US), Senior Sound Designer at PUBG Amsterdam (Netherlands), Audio Producer at The Wall Street Journal (Ny, US), Audio Producer at John Hopkins University (MD, US), and Audio Director at PlayStation Global (Remote).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Audio Librarian III at Riot Games LA (CA, US), Runner at Boom Post (England), Audio Project Leader at HARMAN International (Germany / Hybrid), Senior Audio Software Engineer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), Creative SearchAnd Licensing Exec at Boost Music (England / Hybrid), VR Audio Designer at Wimo Games (TX, US), Production Coordinator at AI Black (Scotland), and Audio and Production Runner at PTW (England).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Company: realworld one
Location: Freiburg, Germany
realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
realworld one’s customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, Illumina, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Agilent Technologies, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, Becton Dickinson, QIAGEN, Hologic, GEA Group, Leica Microsystems, and Tecan among many others.
With its comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, realworld one has developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
At present, the company employs around 300 people at its headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Austin (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
In order to expand our team in Freiburg (Germany), we are now looking for a talentedSound Designer (m/f/d) Your responsibilities:
- Design and implement original sound effects within a production schedule timeline
- Field and studio recording for aforementioned sound effects and our in-house SFX library
- Interface with cross-studio teams to ensure features and content are addressed
- Create interactive, dynamic and linear sound effects according to our standards and specifications
- Help improve internal tools, processes, and communication
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in game audio development, sound design for interactive media or equivalent
- Demonstrate creative and technical achievements in dynamic sound design
- Fluent in game audio implementation systems
- Proficient in an major DAW including various industry standard plugins and toolsets with a desire to learn new tools and to improve your skills
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering
- Experience working with tight deadlines and high degree of self-motivation as well as discipline
- Familiarity with VR development and Audio Plug-ins like Oculus Audio would be a plus
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine Audio systems, Wwise or FMod would be beneficial
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in one of the regions in Europe with the highest quality of life, close to the Black Forest, the Swiss Alps, as well as the gourmet region of France
- Receive a competitive salary, relocation support (if needed) and additional benefits such as team events, company lunches, office snacks, gourmet coffee and a great office location in the heart of Freiburg
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and join one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If this sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Location: Katowice, Poland
Founded in 2012, Incuvo is a studio of nearly 50 individuals working from Poland, Katowice. We have established our position worldwide in the VR games area, developing such titles like Layers of Fear VR, Blair Witch VR and Green Hell VR.
With 10 years of experience in making games and being engaged in the VR technology since 2019, Incuvo is aiming to expand the genre even further and become one of the key developers of the growing VR market worldwide. We want to combine our expertise with the creativity and skills of ambitious professionals to work on the new generation of VR titles. Our team is working currently on the VR version of the game from PCF Group’s portfolio.
The majority stakeholder of the studio is PCF Group S.A. (People Can Fly), a global independent AAA games developer and a Warsaw Stock Exchange public company. Founded in 2002, People Can Fly made its mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and its most recent game, Outriders. People Can Fly is one of the leading Unreal Engine studios in the industry.Job Description
- Create sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate original audio. Design, create, edit, convert, implement and manage large volumes of audio content
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation and on location recording. Ability of performing field recording and foley if needed
- Responsibility for several audio sub disciplines (e.g. Environmental audio, physics audio etc.) Creative autonomy around these areas shall be given to candidate
- Responsibility for audio output of studio, acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and promotional material
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance. Identifying, prioritizing, reporting and resolving audio bugs/issues
- At least 1 year games industry experience
- Experience using core UE4 audio implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the SoundCue editor; the Sound Class and Passive Sound Mix system; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in UE4, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes, etc.
- Meeting production deadlines and schedules.
- Working effectively and using experience and knowledge to improve interactions between audio and other disciplines.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology
- A competitive salary and stable employment
- Private health care
- Multisport card
- English language lessons
- Well located office in Katowice
- Flexible working hours
- Influence on project realization
- Experience gathered while working with world leaders of the industry
- Training and integration events
- Work with the use of the latest VR technology
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
Location: Austin, TX, US
KingsIsle Entertainment, established in 2005, is a proven MMO hit-maker with 50+ million registered users across both our MMOs with vibrant and strong communities. Our award-winning game Wizard101 is currently in its 13th year and Pirate101 is in it’s ninth. We attribute our success to great people, and we recognize the value of every team member. We work hard and have fun, whether it’s with lunchtime gaming sessions or office outings to the movies. The working environment, friendly teammates, and support for growing careers all contribute to the long tenures many people enjoy at KingsIsle.Responsibilities:
• Create, implement, and manage various types of sound effects
• Edit, process, manage, and implement dialog
• Work individually and collectively with an experienced team of sound designers in a creative and fast-paced environment
• 3+ years experience in game industry
• Firm understanding of audio design principles and processing techniques
• Working knowledge of a Digital Audio Workstation such as Reaper
• Creative and inventive with the use source material
• Good communication and problem solving skills
• Able to learn, iterate, and be flexible
• Ability to contribute to and work within schedules that are assigned
• Experience in creating magical, combat, vocal, sci-fi, and environmental sound effects
• Experience working in a game editor
• Experience with dialog editing and field recording
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Competitive compensation
- Company fun days, parties, and unlimited PTO
• Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
• Salaries will be commensurate with experience
• Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
Please provide any links to your work or a demo reel
Company: Dreamsound Studio
Location: Warsaw, Poland
If you are a person with an artistic soul and dream of making films – join us. We are the largest audio post-production studio in Poland. For 15 years, we have produced several hundred cinema and television productions for Polish and foreign clients. With a team of 25 professionals, international experience and an ultra-modern studio, we provide full post-production of sound in the film.More information:
Who are we looking for:
The Foley Editor handles the editing of synchronous effects in collaboration with other editors and the recording team. Editing synchronous effects is not only about keeping track of the synchrony, but also creatively building sound layers from recorded sounds and with the support of the effects library.Tasks:
- assembly of synchronous effects to the image in Pro Tools
- preparing ProTools sessions for assembly and exporting the assembled material
- selection and assembly of effects from libraries (using Soundminer)
- taking care of order in the editing session and project folders.
- one year of experience in a similar position (recording or sound editing), Very good knowledge of Pro Tools auditory sensitivity
- good communication and teamwork skills, availability and punctuality
- self-confidence and decisiveness, attention to detail, meticulousness, conscientiousness
- knowledge of the film industry, with particular emphasis on sound post-production;
- the ability to play a musical instrument
- film portfolio
- driving license
- familiarity with Soundminer
- work in the afternoons, evenings and/or weekends.
- employment under a contract for specific work or B2B
- remuneration depending on skills and experience
- working hours enabling it to be combined with studies or other activities
- personal development through internal training and mentoring of experienced employees
- participation in Polish and foreign film productions
- access to modern hardware and software, medical care package and sports card
- regular team meetings, company events and integration outings.
We accept applications to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Jeżeli jesteś osobą z artystyczną duszą i marzysz o tym aby robić filmy – dołącz do nas. Jesteśmy największym studiem postprodukcji dźwięku w Polsce. Przez 15 lat zrealizowaliśmy kilkaset produkcji kinowych i telewizyjnych, dla klientów polskich i zagranicznych. Dysponując 25-osobowym zespołem profesjonalistów, międzynarodowym doświadczeniem oraz ultranowoczesnym studiem, zapewniamy pełną postprodukcję dźwięku w filmie.Więcej informacji:
Foley Editor zajmuje się montażem efektów synchronicznych we współpracy z innymi montażystami i zespołem nagraniowym. Montaż efektów synchronicznych to nie tylko pilnowanie synchronu, ale również kreatywne budowanie warstw dźwiękowych z nagranych dźwięków oraz przy wsparciu biblioteki efektów.Zadania:
- montaż efektów synchronicznych do obrazu w programie Pro Tools,
- przygotowywanie sesji ProTools do montażu oraz eksport zmontowanego materiału,
- wybór i montaż efektów z bibliotek (przy użyciu programu Soundminer),
- dbanie o porządek w sesji edycyjnej oraz folderach projektów.
- rok doświadczenia w pracy na podobnym stanowisku (realizacja nagrań lub montaż dźwięku),
- znajomość programu Pro Tools na poziomie bardzo dobrym,
- wrażliwość słuchowa,
- dobra komunikacja i umiejętność pracy w zespole,
- dyspozycyjność i punktualność,
- pewność siebie i decyzyjność,
- dbałość o szczegóły, skrupulatność, sumienność,
- rozeznanie w branży filmowej, ze szczególnym uwzględnieniem postprodukcji dźwięku;
- umiejętność gry na instrumencie muzycznym,
- portfolio filmowe,
- prawo jazdy,
- znajomość programu Soundminer.
- praca popołudniami, wieczorami i/lub w weekendy.
- zatrudnienie na podstawie umowy o dzieło lub B2B,
- wynagrodzenie uzależnione od umiejętności i doświadczenia,
- godziny pracy umożliwiające łączenie jej ze studiami lub innymi zajęciami,
- rozwój osobisty poprzez wewnętrzne szkolenia i mentoring doświadczonych pracowników,
- udział w produkcjach filmowych polskich i zagranicznych,
- dostęp do nowoczesnego sprzętu i oprogramowania,
- pakiet opieki medycznej i kartę sportową,
- regularne spotkania zespołowe, imprezy firmowe i wyjścia integracyjne.
Zgłoszenia przyjmujemy na adres mailowy: firstname.lastname@example.org