We came across interesting new jobs at Ubisoft Reflections, Bored Panda, Bit Reactor, and Insomniac Games – and they’re looking for a Lead Audio (England / Hybrid), Sound Designer (Lithuania / Remote), Audio Programmer Engineer (MD, US), and Dialogue Lead (CA, US).
We also found openings for a Graduate Audio Designer at Improbable (England), Audio Programmer at Rockstar San Diego (CA, US), Localization Audio Producer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), Senior Software Engineer at Discord (CA, US), Audio Producer at Play’n GO (Remote), Lead Sound Designer at Free Radical Design (England), AirPlay Audio Engineer at Apple (CA, US), SoC Audio Design Engineer at Apple (CA, US), Audio Director at Supermassive Games (England), and Audio Hardware Development Engineer at Tesla (CA, US).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Research Associate at University of Music Detmold (Germany), Sound Designer at Nyan Heroes (Remote), Manager of Creative Licensing at BMG (CA, US), Sound Editor at ImagesInSound (ON, Canada), Sound Engineer/Editor at Oskar Films (FL, US), and Senior Audio Programmer at Tazman-Audio (England / Remote). Happy job hunting!
Company: Ubisoft Reflections
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK / Hybrid
At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.The Role
As our next Audio Lead, you’ll be accountable for the quality control of audio content from the design team as well as guiding them through project tasks that improve the gameplay experience of our new AAA IP. _Y_ou'll relish the opportunity to develop a team with your ability to communicate effectively, willingness to handle challenging situations, and able to delegate responsibilities with excellent organisational & time management skills. You can see the bigger picture, and understand why it's important to be the main point of contact between your team and production to efficiently delegate appropriate tasks for the benefit of the game development.
You also champion the voice of your colleagues, not afraid to innovate and bring ideas to life. You’re looking for a creatively rewarding opportunity to work on an exciting AAA gaming experience, that provides interesting challenges that have yet to be explored in the gaming industry.
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. To be the market leader, we need people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our pillars of success, as together we will: build creative hits, partner & collaborate, deliver with excellence, and celebrate difference.What you'll bring
At Ubisoft, we aim to be a destination of choice for the best talent. We want people like you, who will be instrumental in driving our studios to success.
- Previous experience leading or mentoring audio designers.
- Can demonstrate Technical knowledge, including Wwise.
- A showreel that displays technical documentation, breakdown of content and gameplay examples.
- A good understanding of the development cycle of a game.
- Upto date on current trends in design for games.
- An educational background in audio is desirable, but not essential.
Joining Ubisoft you will contribute to a fun and friendly team that values openness and inclusivity as one of our key pillars. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career, as well as the careers of your peers, whilst sharing our continued success as we expand our ever-growing catalogue of games.
With us, you’ll be part of a highly talented team aiming to create a whole new world for our players as we strive to successfully release the next big Ubisoft IP. Your passion for learning and development will enable you to push boundaries and continue to grow and progress in your role, with limitless opportunities to reach your full potential. To us, it’s more than just a job at Ubisoft. It’s a journey. It’s an experience. A way to bring players and communities together. A place to celebrate our differences. A place to grow.What we'll provide
We put our people first through nurturing their creativity and wellbeing and the reason we continue to create engaging and compelling AAA titles that are loved across the world.
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance – hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave, Christmas shutdown, and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance, and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community – with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment – with free games, activities, and celebrations
- Generous relocation support – should you need it
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Luke Murtagh, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
- Website: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
- TA Partner: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luke-murtagh-recruitment/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Ubisoft.Reflections
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/UbiReflections
- Linkedin Reflections: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-reflections
- Linkedin Leamington: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft-leamington
Lead Audio Designer (Last Updated Apr 2023)
Company: Bored Panda
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania / Remote
We are one of the leading tech-driven media and entertainment companies, producing uplifting content in 17 languages for people of all ages. Known for award-winning art and pop culture magazine boredpanda.com and TOP DIY channel Crafty Panda, we fight the world's boredom at an unprecedented speed: 160 million site views per month and 62 billion video views per year. Our team comprises over 600 creative individuals who work from 42 different countries and 7 offices, located in Vilnius, Lithuania.
We are excited to announce that we are currently looking for a Sound Designer to join our lively and enthusiastic team for a new YouTube channel for kids. Prepare to work in a joyful environment and produce engaging content that appeals to kids all around the world.What You Will Do:
- Compose soundtracks and melodies for vocals;
- Record, edit, mix, and master sounds and songs;
- Research and work with various sound effects and music databases;
- Purify video sound stylistics;
- Collaborate with vocals artists to develop melody;
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop sound concepts and create audio that supports the overall vision.
- Be responsible for fully owning songs creation: from scoping the idea to fully mastering the final product;
- Experience as a sound designer or music composer. (please provide a short video showreel/example of the work you've done for any commercials, film, TV, YouTube or other video platforms);
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere and Cubase;
- Strong understanding of audio production and post-production processes, including recording, editing, mixing, and mastering;
- Being passionate about final video performance, results and successes;
- Fluent in English;
- Great teamwork skills;
- Independence and initiative;
- Desire to learn and grow;
- Experience working with kid‘s songs would help you to stand out.
- Career opportunities (Bored Panda Studios is growing day by day, and with it – endless possibilities);
- Young, creative, friendly team and work in a dynamic atmosphere;
- Internal events and online training;
- Team-building budget and events;
Salary: up to 2000 eur (taxes included)
If you meet these requirements, we are waiting for your application!
Company: Bit Reactor
Location: Hunt Valley, MD, US
Bit Reactor is looking for talented developers to join our team in creating genre-defining games with solid gameplay, deep storytelling, immersive presentation, and high production values. Our team has a track record of shipping the award-winning franchises XCOM, Civilization, and Elder Scrolls Online and is excited to usher in a new era of games that blur the line between strategy and action.
Working in a highly collaborative, focused, and iterative team environment, candidates should enjoy contributing to the game development process, have a cooperative attitude, and share our passion for building exceptional games.Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of an audio engineering lead:
- Implement runtime audio systems and features as well as related workflows
- Collaborate with sound designers in their use of these features and workflows
- Iterate on and polish work produced to deliver highest possible quality
- Familiarity with modern audio pipelines, and game integration of audio
- Ability to evaluate qualitative issues in audio
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine
- Strong experience developing with C++
- Experience with developing for consoles
- Facility with profiling / debugging tools on multiple platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- BS computer science or equivalent experience
- Shipped titles a plus
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company: Insomniac Games
Location: Burbank, CA, US
- Coaches and mentors Dialogue team members in their craft, including technical implementation (Wwise) and creative design; provides guidance in their careers and in their working relationships with their peers.
- Works with Audio Director and Leads on choosing, supervising, and negotiating development plans and schedules for a project.
- Meets with Creative Director and Audio Director during production to ensure Dialogue style, tone, and quality are outlined, communicated, and achieved by team.
- Collaborates with Dialogue Manager and PM to identify all project recording and implementation schedules, dialogue team assignments, and production tasks.
- Works with PM, designers, and publisher/s to coordinate all dialogue localization dates and specification documents per project.
- Works with agencies for talent casting and negotiates talent rates.
- Regularly plays games in development and reviews content to provide feedback and help identify opportunities for craft development.
- Fosters relationships with dialogue outsourcing partners, regularly reviewing content and providing feedback.
- Communicate ideas and dialogue technical details clearly to teams/departments working in other disciplines.
- Makes recommendations for ordering equipment, tools, and software for the dialogue team.
- Plans and schedules all editorial/mastering outsourcing support and works with Audio Manager and Department Head to coordinate associated budgets.
- May create and implements dialogue content for project/s.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Highly proficient with multitrack project mixing software/hardware and session set-up (Avid Pro Tools experience preferred).
- Advanced experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats.
- Advanced proficiency with PC-based sample editors (Sound Forge).
- Experience with Wwise and Audio Plug Ins related to dialogue normalization and effect processing.
- Comfortable and adept with both PC and Mac-based operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment.
- Must be a good team leader and be able to make informed decisions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to create and maintain good relationships with other departments as well as external contractors.
Work Environment: Employee will be exposed to varying Sound Pressure Levels (SPL) throughout their workflow, on a daily basis.
This position is open to remote work from most places in the US and Canada.
Interested? Please submit a resume, cover letter, and link to website or portfolio to be considered. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.