We came across interesting new jobs at Archiact Interactive, iZotope, Warhorse Studios, and The Gang – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (BC, Canada / Remote), Sound Designer – Post Production (MA, US), Cinematic Sound Designer (Czech Republic), and Audio Designer (Portugal / Sweden / Remote).
We also found openings for a Sound Implementer at Sucker Punch (WA, US), Sound Designer at Bang & Olufsen (Denmark), Audio Programmer at Rocksteady (England), Junior Audio Designer at 10:10 Games (England), Principal Audio Designer at Phoenix Labs (BC, Canada), Audio Director at Survios (CA, US), Audio Internship at Activision Blizzard (CA, US), Game Producer at Rogueside (Netherlands), Game Producer at Forward Game Studios (TX, US), Lecturer in Creative Practice at Queensland University of Technology (QLD, Australia), Supervising Sound Designer at PlayStation (CA, US), Thesis Project – DNN Sound Recognition at Scania (Sweden), Sound Designer at Dark Passenger (Poland), Sound Programmer at Polyphony Digital (Japan), and Sound Designer at Streamline Studios (Malaysia).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for an Experienced Sound Designer at Creative Assembly Horsham (England), and Junior/Mid-Level Producer at Sound Canvas (Remote).
Having trouble viewing the LinkedIn jobs? Be sure to join the LinkedIn Audio Jobs group here first. Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
Company: Archiact Interactive
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada / Remote
ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy.
At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for an intermediate level Sound Designer who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high-quality VR projects to life. We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
ABOUT YOU: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Take full ownership of the audio in-game area/ feature by:
Studying game design and art documents of the feature.
Analyzing interactions and identifying dependencies.
Creating the artistic concept and technical design.
Assist the Audio Director with defining deliverables and producing a delivery schedule.
- Guide quality through collaboration with the team Project Manager and reviewing the work of audio artists and contractors.
- Assist with leading the audio creative design and vision in line with the team's goals and vision of the title.
MUST HAVE:** 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- At least one shipped (AAA) title in the role of a Sound Designer.
- Work samples to demonstrate your skills and experience (demo reel).
- The ability to take ownership of the game feature TO deliver and implement audio without any additional supervision.
- A good sense for audio aesthetics.
- Solid post-production skills for linear and non-linear mediums.
- Solid audio recording techniques and at least one major digital audio workstation system (Nuendo, Pro-tools, Reaper).
- A good understanding of Loudness audio standards.
- Proficiency in spatial audio.
- An understating of music structures.
- Good knowledge of Pure data, Max or Reactor interactive audio systems.
- Working knowledge of audio middleware system Wwsie/ Fmod.
- An understanding of visual programming (Unreal) and scripting.
- Familiarity with digital audio and hardware.
- C++ basic or intermediate understanding of coding structures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- BAA or BSET in Music / Sound technology program or equivalent.
- Formal Music, Media or Technical training.
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment, premiums paid in full by the employer).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of BC, Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.
Location: Cambridge, MA, US
At iZotope, we’re obsessed with great sound. Our intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it. We design award-winning software, plug-ins, hardware, and mobile apps powered by the highest quality audio processing, machine learning, and strikingly intuitive interfaces. iZotope: the shortest path from sound to emotion.
Our mission is to drive the sonic vision for our products and services by collaborating with key functions throughout product life-cycles and to ensure that iZotope is an industry leader in audio production by providing the highest quality audio content for research, product, and marketing. We're looking for a talented, inspired Sound Designer to help us create innovative and compelling audio production products that inspire and enable our customers to be creative.You Will:
Under the direction of the Sound Design Manager, you will work closely with the product development, product management, and UX/UI teams to craft the vision and sound design goals for all of our products.
- Collaborate closely with other Sound Designers and Product Management to execute and translate existing product visions and sound design goals into product content deliverables
- Work with the Audio Research team to provide necessary qualitative sonic feedback during DSP algorithm development
- Work with third party artists, contractors, and industry partners to supplement content creation as needed
- Continuously learn the latest music production, post production, audio editing, and sound design techniques and technologies
- Ability to understand, appreciate and anticipate our customers' needs and wants. Candidates for this Sound Design role should already be familiar with the audio content in – or ideally, customers of – products in one or more of our target markets: dialogue editors, music production, post production / audio for video, live sound, and music performance
- Experience with professional audio editing tools like (but not limited to) Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, Effect and Instrument Plugins, etc
- Demonstrable skill, in the form of a shareable portfolio, and breadth of experience in audio post production and music production
- Familiarity with iZotope's current line of audio production products and plug-ins, especially RX
- A deep understanding of technical concepts behind audio processors
- Current knowledge of the latest post production and sound design techniques and technologies, using both iZotope and competitor products
- Able to provide, solicit, and respond to critical feedback while delivering high quality and on-time execution of sound design content
- Ability to manage relationships with content developers, both inside and outside the company
- 5 + years of professional audio production experience
- Solid understanding of audio production & design techniques and editing is required
- Prior experience as a professional dialogue editor, sound designer, or re-recording mixer
- Prior experience as a professional music producer or audio engineer
- Experience with software development process and agile methodology
- Deep understanding of iZotope's current line of effects
- Deep understanding of additional third party plug-ins (Native instruments, PABX, Soundtoys, Waves, etc)
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment at iZotope and we encourage everyone to apply – regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Help us reach our goal in making the future of music diverse, inclusive and exciting! We encourage you to submit your application without the requirement for a photograph, identifying factors or personal status information.
Company: Warhorse Studios
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
We are looking for new colleagues to join our Sound Department.
Send us a sample of your work – showereel, excerpts from films or games etc.
We are looking for highly motivated cinematic sound designers to work on our cutscenes. Successful candidate will work with customized CryEngine tools to create exceptional, realistic audio. You will closely collaborate with cinematic and audio director to create immersive player experience.Required:
- Strong sound designing skills
- Experience in creating game cutscene audio or sound design for features or short films
- Knowledge of game engines like Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Working with FMOD or any other audio middleware
- Experience with creating and editing foley sounds
- Field/Studio recording skills to contribute to our audio asset library
- Experience with Pro Tools
- Creative work on an AAA game title with a worldwide reach
- Working in a young and dynamic team
- Pleasant working environment in modern offices in Prague
- Remote work possible
- Team-wide social events
Do našeho týmu zvukařů hledáme nové kolegy.
Pošlete nám ukázky Vaší práce – showreel, ukázky z filmů nebo her atd.
Hledáme talentované a motivované zvukové designery pro práci na našich cutscénách. Úspěšný kandidát bude pracovat s upravenou verzí CryEnginu. Budete spolupracovat s vedoucími zvukového a cinematického oddělení. Chceme tvořit imerzivní a realistický zvuk na vysoké úrovni pro naše hráče.Požadujeme:
- Silné dovednosti na poli zvukového designu
- Zkušenosti s tvorbou zvuku pro herní cutscény nebo s tvorbou zvukového designu pro celovečerní nebo krátké filmy
- Znalost herních enginů jako např. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine
- Zkušenost s audio middlewarem, ideálně s Firelight FMOD
- Tvorba a editace filmových foleys
- Zkušenosti s natáčením zvuku v terénu i studiu k rozšíření naší zvukové banky
- Znalost práce s Pro Tools
- Kreativní práci na AAA herním titulu s celosvětovým dosahem
- Práci v mladém kolektivu
- Příjemné pracovní prostředí v moderních kancelářích v Praze
- Možnost práce v módu remote
- Možnost mimopracovních aktivit
Company: The Gang
Location: Portugal / Sweden / Remote
Since 2019, The Gang has been a leading gaming studio for Roblox games and our goal is to build the best, safest, and most engaging experiences in the world. We publish our own games and develop game experiences with the most successful brands in the world of music, fashion, entertainment and technology.
Our mission is to unlock the full creative potential of our audiences with innovative experiences and solutions. This year we have seen tremendous growth with several million active users every day and we are actively looking to find the best people to join us in shaping the future of metaverse experiences in Roblox and beyond.About the position
As an Audio Designer you will play a key role in planning, sourcing, creating and implementing sounds and audio related feedback for our products. You will be the dedicated responsible audio designer for experiences and have a direct impact on the result of development. You are flexible, creative and can manage to come up with technical as well as audible solutions for the task given. You will get the opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as working with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.Life at The Gang – Fun, playful, fearless and always going forward!
We strive to deliver awesome digital experiences and have fun while doing it, always learning and moving forward. Working at The Gang you will have a lot of ownership over your tasks and be empowered to test your ideas and grow in a playful and supportive group.Starting date: Now, permanent contract after 6 months probationary period
Reporting to: Audio Manager
Location: working 100% remote from home, company time zone CET. with the option for hybrid/in-office work at our Lisbon office. Discord and Slack are your best friends.
Work time: Full time- 9 AM to 6 PM
Company language: English
Please submit your application in English.
- Source, Create, produce and implement audio effects in our experiences
- Request and act upon feedback from the team in regards to your work.
- Deliver on time and redesign on demand.
- Manage audio assets and game implementation – some experience with scripting is required.
- Master the elements of production from idea through creation to mix
- Skilled with DAW’s and Game development environments such as Pro Tools, Nuendo, Ableton, Unity, Unreal, Roblox Studio.
- Can handle hardware production tools in studio environments.
- 5+ years experience in sound production.
- Must be proficient in English in text and speech, have an organized workspace.
- Comfortable with multitasking.
- A role in a growing and highly collaborative group with room to both diversify your skills and focus on your specialization.
- The opportunity to work on our own established IPs as well as working with some of the biggest brand clients worldwide.
- The opportunity to work with a diverse, fun, and talented team.
- A 100% remote work environment.
- Yearly wellness allowance.