We came across interesting new jobs at Payload Studios, Riot Games, Crytek, and Amplitude Studios – and they’re looking for a Sound Designer (England), Music Supervisor (Singapore), Audio Designer (Germany / Remote), and Sound Designer (France).
We also found openings for a Creative Director of Audio Content at Hatch (Remote), Audio and VO Producer at Blizzard Irvine (CA, US), Audio Designer at Deep Silver Volition (Remote), Audio Designer at No Brakes Games (Spain), Sound Designer at MrBeast (Remote), Software Engineer – Audio at Aspyr (TX, US), Audio Director at Aspyr (TX, US), and Technical Audio Designer at TRIOTECH (QC, Canada).
Bonus: The Audio Jobs Facebook and LinkedIn groups also have opportunities for a Senior Sound Designer at DICE Stockholm (Sweden), Senior Sound Designer (Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora) at Massive (Sweden), Dialogue Editor at Molinare (England), Senior Audio Designer at Remedy Entertainment (Finland), Senior Audio Artist I at EA Vancouver (BC, Canada), Senior Sound Supervisor at Formosa Interactive Seattle (WA, US), Foley Artist at Molinare (England), Audio Experiences Prototyper at Meta Reality Labs (WA, US), and Senior Sound Designer at Striking Distance Studios (CA, US). Happy job hunting!
Highlight – sound stories this week:
• Making the Mystical Sound of Marvel’s ‘Moon Knight’ — with Mac Smith and Bonnie Wild.
• Behind the Sonic Magic at Skywalker Sound for May 4th + 11 Hand-Picked Stories on the Superb Sound of Star Wars
• Sharpen and showcase your sound design skills + win wild prizes from Mattia Cellotto here
Company: Payload Studios
Location: Farringdon, UK
Payload Studios are looking for an experienced Sound Designer to join our award winning independent studio based in Farringdon, London.
Payload Studios are creators of the award-winning TerraTech game and we also operate the Tentacle Zone, a community led developer network and virtual incubator.What You'll Be Doing
This is the first audio role within our growing studio and offers an amazing opportunity to be audio employee number one. This will involve building a team to help identify and deliver the studio's audio ambitions.Other responsibilities will include:
- Concept, create and integrate high quality, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques for UI and gameplay features.
- Work closely with the creative director and the design team to ensure that the audio design supports the game's vision.
- Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups.
- Be the first point of contact for everything audio related within the studio.
Anyone interested in this role should provide a showreel of relevant game-centric audio work. This will form a key part of the application process. Unfortunately we will be unable to progress any applications which don't provide a demo reel.We welcome applications from anyone with:
- Full cycle experience as an Audio Designer on at least 1 shipped title.
- An in-depth understanding of FMOD or similar middleware solutions.
- Experience using both Unreal 4 and Unity.
- Experience working with dynamic audio systems.
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs, sample editors and plugins.
- An ability to receive and action feedback and direction.
Please note that this is not a music composer position.Benefits
Payload Studios is an independent games studio based in Farringdon, Central London. We share our offices with other independent developers as part of our Tentacle Zone games hub.We offer a growing package of benefits and perks for our Payloaders. These include:
- Holiday – a generous 38 days off, comprising 25 days of leave, plus UK bank holidays, a studio wide shutdown between Christmas and New Year, and 2 Wellbeing days.
- Hybrid working – Payloaders have the option working some of their week remotely/from home.
- Health and Wellbeing – our team has access Employee Assistance Programme (which includes mental health support), regular mental health themed chats/roundtables, wellbeing days, trained Mental Health First Aiders, an Eyecare Scheme and a Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Generous Family policy – includes 8 weeks fully paid paternity leave and 24 weeks fully paid maternity leave.
- Tentacle Zone – as a Payloader you’ll have access to our Tentacle Zone community which includes exclusive knowledge sharing talks and events.
- Socials and clubs – we host regular events to help Payloaders to get to know each other and to celebrate together. There is also a number of active staff clubs and we encourage our team to to celebrate together and get to know each other we host regular socials and staff clubs for all Payloaders.
- Studio location – we’re based in the vibrant Farringdon, central London. There is a host of excellent local food markets and eateries in the local area.
Payload Studios is an equal opportunity employer and we value and embrace diversity within our teams.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all our Payloaders. Our ventures to promote diversity and inclusion within the studio, and the wider industry, include our Game On initiative and our Tentacle Zone Incubator.
Company: Riot Games
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and VALORANT. We’re also building teams for Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player. We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.That's where YOU come in
As Music Supervisor for the Riot HKSG team, you will be directly responsible for producing music content for multiple products. Your consistent high standards and attention to detail will ensure that the content your team produces meets the very high expectations of our players. You’ll build a high-performing remote team, and using your broad knowledge of the creativity, craft, and tech of games production, support and direct them through the process of making awesome stuff. Often you will play a support role in helping navigate the licensing process. You will work with external composers, artists, and music-related talent and our legal, finance, and publishing creatives to achieve product teams' goals.Responsibilities
- As a Music Supervisor, you will report to Senior Audio Manager and collaborate with product leadership (dev manager/project owner) to determine and manage milestones, schedule, priorities, and work output for an entire product
- You will oversee the quality of the work that your remote team will deliver, direct their day to day activities, and set the bar for excellence
- You will be ultimately responsible for the final quality of the content your multidisciplinary team produces, guiding the ideation, conception, and implementation of music content for our games, shepherding that design intent through an efficient production process and ensuring that the content meets Riot music standards
- You will build a world-class team by sourcing remote AAA talent and develop and grow their craft skills through training and feedback
- Work with leads and project managers to determine outsourcing needs (legal clearance, creative input, asset delivery) with external vendors
- Collaborate with sound designers, video, publishing, and other teams to ensure thematic consistency across related in-game and linear products
- Oversee music production for linear content such as trailers and other marketing materials
- Create and implement interactive music that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the project
- You will collaborate with Rioters in Hong Kong, Singapore, and worldwide to ensure product goals are fulfilled, all stakeholders are satisfied, and working practices are efficient and aligned with the needs of the product.
- 7+ years experience in music composition/production
- Craft expertise in music composition and production across a wide variety of genres
- Deep understanding of the tools and techniques required for composing and producing the highest professional quality bar of music (DAWs, Sample Libraries, Plugins)
- Knowledge of the holistic game audio process and how music can be leveraged in the interactive and linear space
- Expertise in holistic music production (Composition, Scoring, Recording, Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.)
- Experience giving thorough music direction and delivering timely, explicit feedback
- Have an accurate knowledge of all costs associated with the delivery of music elements
- A strong communicator and able to convey abstract/sophisticated ideas concisely, in English or Chinese
- Proven experience leading/mentoring teams and individuals. Growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other music talents
- Knowledge of musical precedents set in Riot’s games and media, and trends in the broader gaming
- Experience with managing outsourced composers/musicians
- Knowledgeable about the gaming industry, including the newest trends and events
- Experience working with international teams and global music talent
- Wwise certification
Location: Frankfurt, Germany / Remote
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Audio Designer to join the Crysis 4 (Working Title) team in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
- Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining game audio using CryEngine 5.X audio pipeline.
- Recording, editing and post-processing linear media such as audio libraries, trailers and development diaries.
- Assists in Composing and producing music for linear and adaptive media.
- Assists in Recording, editing and post-processing of dialog and localization.
- Performing quality assurance duties such as debugging and optimization.
- Collaborate with CryEngine Developemnt Team to improve the audio pipeline and procedures,
- Creating technical documentation and tutorials using CryWiki and CryEngine Forum.
- Performing duties as Audio Module Owner and oversee the audio component of a feature or area
- Provides input to department and project status meetings, stand-ups and scrums.
- Share knowledge with the audio team.
- Successful completion of a certified audio education program or academic studies.
- 2+ years of audio experience in the gaming industry, actively designing and implementing game audio.
- At least one previously published title in a Junior role.
- Advanced knowledge of PC-based pro audio software, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, Reaper and VST PlugIns
- Profound knowledge of audio middleware software such as Wwise, FMOD Studio or CRIWARE.
- Profound knowledge of CryEngine or other Game Engines such as Unity, Unreal or Lumberyard.
- Profound knowledge to accurately plan and estimate tasks while understanding dependencies.
- Solid ability to take direction well, seek advice and solve problems proactively.
- Ability to give feedback and guide Intern & Junior Audio Designers.
- Ability to document pipelines, tools and procedures, share knowledge and give presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive team attitude.
- Creative approach to audio design, game audio and game design.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
- Strong passion for playing and creating video games.
- Profound knowledge of programming or scripting languages such as Python, C# or C++
- Profound knowledge of CryEngine tools and production pipeline.
- Profound experience in other realms of Audio Production or Composition.
- Advanced skill playing an instrument.
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Supported German lessons for our employees
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment
- …and much more!
Company: Amplitude Studios
Location: Paris, France
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 140 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
We recently released HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where players combine cultures and lead their people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
We’re also well known for our critically acclaimed ENDLESS™ series, played by millions worldwide, including ENDLESS™ Space, ENDLESS™ Legend, Dungeon of the ENDLESS™, and ENDLESS™ Space 2. Our next title will be ENDLESS™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.Job Description
We are looking for a Sound Designer for a permanent contract to create and implement sound effects on our next title.More specifically, under the supervision of our Lead Audio Designer your main responsibilities will include:
- Create engaging and detailed sound design for various elements of the game
- Implement sound design and other audio into the game engine
- Work on audio creative design in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
- Find and fix audio-related bugs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 4+ years of experience in a similar or relevant position
- Ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Background in sound design for video games a plus
- Proficient with Wwise and Nuendo/Cubase
- Experience implementing sound into Unity
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent sound design skills
- Experience in field recording
- Health insurance (Mutuelle) – 60% paid by Amplitude
- Transport subscription – 50 % paid by Amplitude
- Access to SEGA games portfolio
- Friendly atmosphere, team cohesion and stimulating work environment 🙂
- Recruitment process: 3 interviews and a technical test
- Weekly online sports and yoga classes to keep fit.
- Cooking & tasting sessions, and virtual escape games
- Monthly meetings with the entire studio to communicate company news.
- Daily listening from the HR department, who regularly takes news during periods of lockdown / curfew.
- A step-by-step onboarding (virtual or at the office) helping new team members with their first days
Fondée en 2011, Amplitude Studios est une filiale du groupe SEGA spécialisée dans les jeux de stratégie. Le studio est actuellement basé à Paris et compte aujourd'hui plus de 140 personnes venant des quatre coins du monde.
Nous avons récemment sorti HUMANKIND™, un jeu de stratégie historique dans lequel les joueurs et joueuses peuvent mener leur civilisation du Néolithique à l'ère moderne, en combinant différentes cultures.
Nous sommes aussi connus pour la série des jeux ENDLESS™, qui comptent des millions d’adeptes à travers le monde : ENDLESS™ Space, ENDLESS™ Legend, Dungeon of the ENDLESS™ et ENDLESS™ Space 2. Notre prochain titre récemment annoncé est ENDLESS™ Dungeon, un jeu d'action rogue-lite en équipe.
Le lien entre Amplitude et sa communauté est au cœur de la philosophie du studio, et les équipes sont fières de collaborer main dans la main avec leurs joueurs/joueuses. C’est dans cet esprit qu’Amplitude a lancé le Games2Gether, une approche innovante de co-développement, permettant de s'impliquer au plus près du processus de création des jeux !Détail du poste :
Nous sommes à la recherche d’un(e) Sound Designer pour un contrat à durée indéterminée, pour créer et implémenter des effets sonores sur notre prochain projet.En tant que Sound Designer, vous serez en charge de :
- Créer un sound design attrayant et détaillé pour divers éléments du jeu
- Implémenter les éléments audios dans le moteur de jeu
- Travailler sur le sound design en ligne avec les objectifs de l'équipe et la vision du titre
- Trouver et corriger les bugs liés à l'audio
- BAC+3 minimum avec une spécialisation en Sound Design
- 4 ans d’expérience minimum dans l’industrie du jeux vidéo, à un poste équivalent ou similaire.
- Capacité à travailler efficacement au sein d'une équipe et à interagir avec une grande variété de profils
- Flexibilité et capacité d'adaptation
- Anglais/Français courant
- Maîtrise de Wwise et Nuendo/Cubase
- Expérience d’intégration du son dans Unity
- Un portfolio qui démontre d'excellentes compétences en sound design
Expérience en enregistrement sonore sur le terrainInformations complémentaires :
Mutuelle prise en charge à 60%
- Abonnement de transport pris en charge à 50%
- Accès au portefeuille de jeux SEGA
- Ambiance conviviale, cohésion d’équipe et cadre de travail stimulant 🙂
- Processus de recrutement : 3 entretiens et un test technique
- Des cours de sport et de yoga en ligne chaque semaine pour garder la forme.
- Des ateliers cuisine, des sessions de dégustations, et des escape games virtuels.
- Des réunions mensuelles avec l’ensemble du studio afin de communiquer les nouvelles actualités de l’entreprise.
- Une écoute quotidienne du service RH qui prend régulièrement des nouvelles pendant les périodes de confinement/couvre-feu.
- Un onboarding complet (virtuel ou en présentiel), permettant d’accompagner pas à pas les nouveaux membres de l’équipe.